Fashion Gets Political

I really feel bad for you guys right now. Kerry doesn't seem to be all that promising of a candidate either. From the little that I've seen he never seems to take a stance on anything or answer questions directly. :unsure:

the campaign has not actually started yet...kerry hasn't even been officially named the democratic candidate yet...the conventions are in a couple months...that's when we'll see all the action...and as long as bush keeps digging his own grave...all kerry has to do is keep his mouth shut and he'll be golden...

that's how clinton was elected ...he ran against the first bush...and even thought clinton was only the lesser of two evils...everyone was just so sick of bush that they voted against him...which gave clinton the presidency...and he wasn't so bad as far as being a president...personal drama aside...

the thing is...i don't get why the people of this country seem to have amnesia...if bush sr was not a great president...then why would this new bush be any better?...this is like deja vu all over again... :wacko:

Well at least there is some excitement to your elections. People here have basically accepted the fact that we are going to be stuck with the same Prime Minister for another few years.

Originally posted by softgrey@May 27th, 2004 - 8:47 pm

that's how clinton was elected ...he ran against the first bush...and even thought clinton was only the lesser of two evils...everyone was just so sick of bush that they voted against him...which gave clinton the presidency...and he wasn't so bad as far as being a president...personal drama aside...

I Just wanted to make a comment about Clinton. Yes, his presidency was not so bad but he jumped around and avoided to many issues that needed to be dealt with during his presidency. I believe some of Bushs rash decisions were based on Clinton's lack of dealing with these issues. In no way do i support Bush, but Clinton was lousy also. No matter what president is elected, there will always be critisms towards them. I do not so much blame it on the person themselves but more on the political parties. The polical party influence is what's destroying our democratic polital system in the US.

Did anyone hear about John McCain (republican) possibly running with John Kerry(Dem)? What your guys thoughts on this.

I saw him on TV the other day. He stated very firmly he will not run with Kerry and he is supporting Bush for re-election.

Undercover s/s 2004

00122.L.JPG
00124.L.JPG
00126.L.JPG

Undercover s/s 2003

00083.L.JPG

Originally posted by softgrey@May 27th, 2004 - 9:39 am
i actually styled the poster for that michael moore film...it felt good...that made me feel like i was part of the political process even if I was just getting clothes and props(remember when i bought the surfboard?)...at least it was for a project that i believed in...makes my job seem less frivolous somehow...
wow!!! softgray, i'm sooo proud of you!!! hehe, i luv michael, he's great...it's hard for ppl to take critism sometimes but i think he still persists no matter what the backlash and despite what ppl say, he's very patriotic to america.

Originally posted by helena+May 27th, 2004 - 9:45 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (helena @ May 27th, 2004 - 9:45 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Amelié@May 27th, 2004 - 9:56 am

and DITTO!!! helena...i can't believe your country is not releasing it!!! Michael Moore is amazing, and being a fan of his films i totally am on ur wavelength...America is starting to make other democracies look very bad...
Just for the record, I am not american, i am British. :rolleyes: :wink: I hope that the film is released this autumn in the Uk.

There is a lot of stuff on this thread that I am really not following as a non-american. [/b][/quote]
haha, ohhh, sorry, i'm aussie so i sorta feel angry at what america is doing because we're in an alliance with them for political reasons...it should be release in Australia too, but it's a bit useless, i feel, if it doesn't get released in america.

cheers space! those t-shirts were tops!
100123527.jpg
100094580.jpg

how could i not forget d&g a few seasons back?
100095750.jpg
100095755.jpg

Originally posted by faust@May 27th, 2004 - 11:01 pm
As an originator of this topic, do I have the right to ask a moderator to lock this topic? No offence to anyone, but I did not expect this to escalate into another meaningless political debate. Thank you.
your wish will be granted if this topic keep getting off-topic :innocent:

keep your posts on "fashion get's political" and avoid getting sidetracked in pre-election debates, merci beaucoup :flower:

I loved those D&G outfits Amelie, thanks so much for posting them. Apart from the whole political message, they're also really cheerful! The colours are just wonderful and even the mini skirts are cute. Hopefully they'll come out with some similarly good stuff in the coming collection.

thanks lena...i think my life is so politically orientated that it's nice to get away from it all sometimes and tfs is a great place...i'll try find some more political fashion stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->