Fendi F/W 10.11 Milan

This is the worst Fendi collection I've ever seen.

I hate it
For me its wayyyy too much fur, I'm not a fur gal
And its terribly boring

Sawrrryyy

Ignoring the use of real fur (which I always have to do with Fendi!), I really like this. :D

A Walk on the Wise Side

MILAN — Snowflake sweaters, highland kilts and furs in abundance — the exceptionally hard European winter is making its mark on the runways.

The Alpine A-list came out at Fendi, where Karl Lagerfeld kicked off Milan’s autumn/winter 2010 season with one of the calmest and most elegant collections he has done in years.

Instead of giving the sense that the clothes were made to some complex theme with the furs hiding behind experimental surfaces, this Fendi show brought lush furs like mink and breitschwanz together in one simple coat — making this patchwork seem the height of sophistication.

“Natural, almost classic, furs,” said Silvia Venturini Fendi, who added that the collection revisited the family fur heritage.

Mr. Lagerfeld emphasized the varying short, medium and long hemlines, saying that he offered multiple choices, including a full, calf-length skirt, because no length is “now.”

But everything in this elegant collection seemed just right for now: the new volumes, from a short cape to full sleeves; the graphic black and white colors of urban chic that developed into a nature-knows-best palette of lichen green and autumn-leaf yellow. Even the footwear had a country vibe with rubber toes on shoes and boots.

The collection was Parisian, in that it had a certain elegance, especially in slender, long fur dresses for the evening, which seemed weightless and flattering. Other elements suggested that Fendi was going back to its roots: bags with the traditional geometric F logo. Only one fur was savage in its mix of spiky pieces. Otherwise, it was good to see Mr. Lagerfeld working in tandem with Ms. Venturini Fendi to produce a collection on the wise, rather than the wild, side.

suzy menkes, iht, nytimes.com

Minus the fur and excessive layering, I love it :heart: especially the dresses at the end. Always prefer Fendi's fall collections.

I just really loved the boots! Images from stylesight.com
fendi1.jpg

This is ok... There are really some peices on this collection that just can't stand. But most of it is ok. The furs are the best part about the collection, well not all of them. The color palette is crap and the fur coat in post #69 picture # 1 is god awful it looks soo garish and ratty:sick:. I really like the black dresses like the one that Liu is wearing is stunning. I cant wait for Paris fashion week, because after this and the Chanel H/C hot mess I wonder what Chanel RTW will look like:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no ! Wat is Mr. Karl thinking ? He's always so boring wif colors ! And woah ! Fur overload ... not in a good way >.<

yeah- it's all about the bags and the boots...

gimme gimme...

:crush:...:heart:...:wub:

i LOVE this collection...
i might not style it exactly the way it is shown..
but there are so many lovely skirts and jackets and vests...

the fur is done really well, and i really like the use of lambsuede...
classic and modern...
really really good

it does feel quite french to me....
which is always a good thing in my book...
:lol:

it's wonderfully chic...
^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Another FAB FAB collection from Fendi... and I adore their use of fur... they do it sooo well and its exactly what any true Haute Couture Winter Collection should include as its the perfect luxurious and feminine material... Fendi without fur to me would be not worth looking at...

Its amazingly chic and I adore the colour pallete!

Bags as usual are to die for... going to have to start saving... so would love that snow leapord coat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->