Fendi F/W 2008.09 Milan

Love the fur and the shapes in the shoulders and arms. Cinched waist works well with the shape of the coats.

Very thinking out side the box here. Not so much FendI but still good.

As always i am drooling over their fur coats and jackets i love how dark this collection is.

The furs and the jackets are just wonderful, I enjoyed this collection, did Karl design it?

Yes! I like this collection, too!
Some items are really nice and interesting!

Oh my God this wardrobe feels like what Rachel from Blade Runner would wear!

Suzy Menkes

Fendi's duo - Karl Lagerfeld and Silvia Venturini Fendi - both talked the same language.

"Real gold on fur - it has never been done before," said Lagerfeld, referring to a Fendi invention that made fox glow like a carpet of golden autumn leaves.

"And we want classic things," said Venturini Fendi, meaning not just the furs cinched with a wide belt but otherwise left to show the natural ripple of sable and fox, but also a new attitude to the iconic Fendi bags. Apart from evening clutches set with semiprecious stones, the bags were solid, sensible and - for the first time since Fendi baptized the "Baguette" a decade ago, they will have reference numbers rather than identifying names.

It would be good to say that Lagerfeld presented an equally firm statement with the clothes. But there seemed to be a slight hesitation between showing only the rounded short skirts with leather, fur and cable-knitted tops - or whether to extend the range. Leather skirts that hit the floor looked cool in proportion to the upper half but who is really going to wear such gothic floor sweepers?

The same applied to many of the leaf effects, although they were rather beautiful as cutouts on skirts or jackets, in tune with the bare trees projected as the backdrop. Where Lagerfeld scored was with the sweep of a cape-sleeved coat and the overall feeling that everything was perfectly in proportion, from the swelling sleeves to thigh-high boots.

The designer dismissed the idea that length can still be a fashion issue, saying: "You can't make hemlines a subject - it is not about the length, but the proportion." /iht.com

^ I really dont understand how someone could call this collection 'a mess'!?

^ I really dont understand how someone could call this collection 'a mess'!?

maybe it has to do with the fact that the collection is not coherent whatsoever. Also, it seems as if all the designers involved in this collection were worried with the looks appearing boring and largerfeld cried "no worries! we'll just add fur to everything". and this:

00140m%281516%29.jpg

style.it

really, fendi?

Ok, that one look posted above is a disaster, but on a whole, this is a great collection, with some really beautiful pieces in it, and I feel calling this collection a 'mess' is taking it way too far for the sake of a couple of bad looks, in comparison to many great looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->