Gucci F/W 10.11 Milan

it feels like I've seen this collection fifty times before. the colors are dull, the best pieces in the evening section.

I actually love this, and by so my favourite show. Couldn't really get a decent look at the collection on the live stream, more rooting for the models.
But seeing the images of the collection, makes me love it to pieces. Frida is one hell of a designer and I've loved everything that she's done.
The fur pieces are gorgeous and those thigh high boots are outstanding.

something's happened here. this is bland. not by GUCCI standards, but by FRIDA standards. i sense budget cuts or something because she has given us more in her earlier collections for this house without even really trying.

I think Freida is finally hitting her stride- by, essentially, hitting Tom Ford's stride. I feel like she was trying to update the Gucci of the late 60's/early 70's, to no avail; by taking up where Tom Ford left off, in making Gucci the leading name in glamorous minimalism, I think she's done the right thing both artistically (there are definitely still some remaining vestiges of the disco flower child she seems to love so dearly) and commercially.

wow, frida is finally coming into her own. i am going to agree with everyone and say how shocked i am that i like it. she did cut outs all right (as opposed to donatella who did them all wrong) and those sequin dresses at the end are just divine.

am i seeing correctly?

Gucci? designed by Frida?

what is happening?

why do i like it?

some pieces are even bordering on fantastic

ombre feather sleeves anyone?

http://i46.tinypic.com/2a66s9d.jpg

took Frida long enough to produce tasteful collections of the current level!

Wow what a weird season we're having
it's like everyone lost their point

First of all: someone said something about the lighting , reallY! I cant even focus on the clothes with that flash on the floor!!!

This is messy, all over the place, a disaster
It has too many elements here, 60's, 70's, 80's...I dont know, it's too manipulated, it's like every outfit was created from different people...
the night part is awfull, unwearable

really, this is terrible, this season is sooo strange

i don't see how the evening looks could be unwearable

2njir8w.jpg

here is a simple dress with a simple print, made interesting with a twist and drape

34qp5r6.jpg

another simple dress, but with long sleeves which have cut-outs

2ypi0pf.jpg

another simple one, with a single sleeve and a lovely drape at the hips, accentuated with a belt in a contrasting color

2s1ops2.jpg

heavier stuff? simple LBD but the feathers around the top! omg!

2vj8yti.jpg

more feathers! but this time going all the way down the dress!

2a66s9d.jpg

a sexy see through number (i would have left the tights out...) with a feather bolero which has an ombre effect. how gorgeous are those ombre feather sleeves....

10cjngn.jpg

sequined black mini. how simple, yet beautiful is that...

257lr81.jpg

more ombre feather sleeves. and pants which make the legs look long long long and lean.

all from style.it (thx helmut.newton)

how can you compare that to Frida's previous offerings?

this follows in the footsteps of the S/S10 collection of being one of her most focused and well executed collections yet. lord knows we're talking about slim pickings here, but an improvement is an improvement and that's that.

Street ..... do you realise we're defending a Gucci by Gianinni collection ? :rofl:
Surreal and amazing !

But yes, the looks are very wearable and I can imagine this being on anyone from 20+ and still looking great ! Really love this collection .

Street ..... do you realise we're defending a Gucci by Gianinni collection ? :rofl:
Surreal and amazing !

Personally, I still cannot believe that I'm doing it too! It looks so decent, and it's actually very good. I mean, so good considering it's Gucci by Frida.

Personally, I still cannot believe that I'm doing it too! It looks so decent, and it's actually very good. I mean, so good considering it's Gucci by Frida.

I feel it the same way and I'm surprised by myself! :lol:

I know, it almost feels unnatural . Many pieces are really great considering Frida from some seasons ago . A huge change !

Surreal and amazing !

But yes, the looks are very wearable and I can imagine this being on anyone from 20+ and still looking great ! Really love this collection .

if you would have told me 2 years ago that i'd defend a Frida collection, i would have slapped you in the face! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->