Gucci F/W 10.11 Milan

10cjngn.jpg
25k2z34.jpg

5mahqr.jpg
257lr81.jpg

style.it/

I just saw a pig fly past my window, this is my favorite collection out of Milan so far.

But I think speaks more for the rest of the collections than this one.

This is sooo commercial, it could have well been a Pre-Fall collection. I see a certain lack of direction in this collection, just like her Menswear, which was all commerce and all archives but no point-of-view. I see she has also gotten rid of the gowns, which I suppose Gucci will now charge ten times more in their 'Haute Couture' line.

I know people have criticized Frida in the past for desiging too close to a theme (70's, 80's, Bohemian, Hollywood Glamour, 60's, etc.) and whilst I agree with these sentiments, in retrospect, those were her strongest collections.

I appreciate the craftsmanship in some of those pieces, especially with the exotic skins (ostrich, marabou etc) but there is nothing special about this collection. And to be completely frank, this was a bit of a redundant collection for Gucci. She moved two steps back and zero steps forward with this collection.

This doesn't seem to fit closely with the ID of Gucci under Frida so far...some of the structured jackets seem a bit jarring compared with the other looks. Honestly I like the kind of fur shouldered sheer dress on Anna (but the others are horrid) and the printed shift-like dresses. But not really impressed just yet.
and this is why I like a lot of it, I am happy to say I don't hate Gucci under Frrida anymore starting with the previous season

The evening dresses are very bad though :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see she has also gotten rid of the gowns, which I suppose Gucci will now charge ten times more in their 'Haute Couture' line.

I didn't notice the lack of gowns until you pointed this out! I think your prediction of them appearing in a "Haute Couture" line is likely... the idea leaves a bad taste in my mouth. She should be able to offer gowns for both lines.

I just saw a pig fly past my window, this is my favorite collection out of Milan so far.

I feel the same way! I'm almost embarrassed by how much I like this :ninja:

I really think it's the textiles that did it for me. The use of prints and combination of fabrics is fantastic. I also love the bits of skin peeking through in the first half. So glad the bohemian nonsense of past collections has faded. Everything here is so lust-worthy.

This first half screams Versace but I have to admit I don't hate this. Well played Frida well played.

Nothing special, but nice, nonetheless. I actually became interested in taking a closer look at the accessories, so that's a sale half-made in my mind.

God ....... hell is freezing too .
I really love this collection a lot . It's my favourite from Milan as well . But like you said, it's not like we had many options . -_-

I really like the suits and the little dresses . There are a few misses, but I can look over them . Really impressive Frida . ^_^

i like the little touches of modern.. it got bad towards the end for me though with the see through pieces.

Now that I've seen the complete show I feel more relieved that it's not a total dissapointment , worst season by Frida but I like some things, I still feel Gucci

This has been the strangest season ever. I'm liking all the labels I usually hate and vice versa.

This is VERY VERY early 00s. The pant suits, the shoes, the beige, the chiffon shirts. It kinda reminds me of Versace Fall 2003 and Versace Fall 2005.
This is what Versace should have been this season.

I'm disappointed. The evening dresses were nothing spectacular and I feel like she should have at least put out a few gowns.

Is this Versace or Gucci? Honestly, all these design houses are too closely resembling each other for there to be any differentiation.

Whenever I see the latest Gucci collecting I sigh, why Tom Ford, Why? Why did u leave?

omg. what a horrible collection!
seriously, the only good thing of this cillection were the glasses.
way to go frida!

It's an okay collection, but the Gucci girl is not as exciting as she used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->