GAP - what are your opinions??

I've always hated Gap. I have a single item from them, a simple v-neck that looks like it can be anything from Prada to BR.

I find their fits are made for slightly overweight people. Everything is cut way too boxy for my liking.

^ More "cheaper" brands, if you will, have that boxy feel/fit.

You're right. But Gap's pricing is somewhat similar to Club Monaco or Banana Republic, and both of those companies manage to make well-fitted clothing. I really think they just cater to a mass audience, and don't want slightly overweight people to feel uncomfortable about fitting into their stuff!

^^^this is true. i'm overweight and i like their fit because it's not super loose but not really slim either.

^^Gap Inc. owns Gap and Banana Republic, and the pricing is higher for BR for the same garments.

There is a great in depth article in this month's U.S. Vogue on Patrick Robinson and how he is atempting to turn the brand around.

Of course it's higher, but only by 15-30$ for most items, which is negligible.

In fact, I haven't found too much of a difference in quality between the fabrics. At BR, you're really paying more for the cut and design! I personally hate BR. I think it's way overpriced for what it is (a glorified Gap), and much rather spend my money at Club Monaco or on designer stuff.

I hate, hate the Gap. It is overpriced crap. I would just pay a little bit more and go somewhere else. I love, love Old Navy though.

I agree Working Girl, I love Old Navy too, and yes Gap is a bit over priced but sometimes they have what you need (a basic tee or belt) I will never totally disregard a store because sometimes you just might have to go there! And as far as BR goes that is one of my favorite stores! Everyone has their own views on things and I for one love 2 of their brands and am ok with the other!

Wow. I am surprised to see that some people love Old Navy and dislike the Gap. It's quite the opposite for me, except... this past weekend I found some wonderful graphic tees at Old Navy. They fit like a dream! And the colors are perfect with my red-ish hair, light pinks and yellows. Also, I can say that Old Navy has gotten great with nice layering tops. That has been a pleasant surprise.

Have I mentioned how disappointed this season I am with Gap? Hardly anything that I want. I saw, some time ago, white leather jackets that looked pretty cool. But other than that... :unsure:

has anyone read the article about the gap in the may issue of u.s. vogue? the gap is in for some big changes and it's really been happening since before the current summer collection was launched with all of the sunkissed khakis and sunkissed cotton pieces, but i don't think that the big impact will be noticed until the fall collection is out.

^ I have my Vogue around so I will have to check it out. I'm interested in the read...

izzie stevens, thanks for getting me to finally take off the plastic from my Vogue magazine. The article was interesting read. I look forward to seeing the clothes featured in real life.

Gap has been a hit or miss for the past few years but I have managed to find things here and there from them. I know what I can and cannot wear from there. Gap has been good for basics. I love what they are featuring in the European collection and the collaboration with Pierre Hardy. I don't have the hate that I hear in this thread.

I really love their Product Red tees... the plunging v-neckline is very flattering. And the length is great too.

...but i don't think that the big impact will be noticed until the fall collection is out.

I hope there will be a big difference! I keep on having high hopes for the Gap, but I always leave the store disappointed because everything is really bland.

I have one gap tshirt and its ok. but what i LOVE is baby gap- the cutest clothes- !! and really nice quality IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Limpcheesestick
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->