Your style for autumn/winter 05/06

Blazers, jeans, flats, fun bags... as usual

EDIT: haha .. just realized i used the term "funbags" and didn't mean boobs. :lol:

OMG LUNA :rofl: hahah

OK, I have a question for you all.. I LOVE Bermuda Shorts.. and they come a little past my knees normally on me (so, i'm short :ninja: ) ... Do you think I can wear them in to early fall with tights underneath? Eh, I'll try it and see. I always get compliments when I rock the bermudas :lol:

MMM.. I really want a trench coat for fall.. or just a gorgeous long coat for winter

pointup said:

OK, I have a question for you all.. I LOVE Bermuda Shorts.. and they come a little past my knees normally on me (so, i'm short :ninja: ) ... Do you think I can wear them in to early fall with tights underneath? Eh, I'll try it and see. I always get compliments when I rock the bermudas :lol:

MMM.. I really want a trench coat for fall.. or just a gorgeous long coat for winter

I don't see why not :wink:

pointup said:

I like the idea of tights underneath. You could also wear knee-high boots with the shorts as well (I personally :heart: that look).

emma peel said:
mod/beatnik + janis joplin victorian rock + pirate= my kick a** fall style. lots of round toe pumps/boots (remarkably, I just got marc jacobs high heeled victorian buckle boots in grey, fantastic for my look!!), neck scarves, velvet/thin cords pants, military jackets, big jewelry. this is going to be so much fun! just have to get a few more vests and blousy shirts.
sounds cool.. B)

I have to admit- last year I wasn't really into fashion. At least not like I am now. So you can see how I'm so excited for this fall! It's going to be my first season in which I'm "prepared", and please be forgiving as I may not have fully worked out all my glitches...

So I am going for a kind of easygoing look (think Burberry Prosum) but am going to throw in a wide range of textures, some velvet and lots of volume... this year I want to have lots of jackets, so it will be easier to layer... many many boots and flats...

Luxury's Lap said:
I like the idea of tights underneath. You could also wear knee-high boots with the shorts as well (I personally :heart: that look).

Or some of those cute Wellies :wink:

I was thinking Victorian schoolboy by way of "Nightmare Before X-mas" and German militaria....with a bit of flounce. I can't really describe in full detail(as I'm not fully prepared just yet) but my initial endeavour will most certainly be the vintage wool German military jacket my dad bought me for my b-day....black and striped poplin shirts....my new Alexandra Mein macabre,handmade corsage....glen check straight trousers...my usual boot of choice-the combat. I might even add a bit of black lace I shredded up to embellish a bit more. Coats are a bugger with me right now....haven't really seen anything that thrilled me....mostly just heavy blazers and jackets.

These are some of outfits I will be wearing this Fall...

I am really in to black/black trend so Victorian, I am loving the skinny jeans, In spite my hips I will be wering them again this year, I started wearing them last year in Fall, but I am so glad they are back this FAll.
I am in to vintage big time ;-)
Please be kind with your critics...

that white blouse is so adorabe. i wish i had one of that kind. well.. i haven't. but i use one of my older blouses with a very short collar that i fasten with a brooch (that my grandma handed me.) just below the neck so it looks like those high necks. hard to explain.. don't laugh at that, i think it looks really nice. someone told me recently it looks a bit victorian, so maybe that's my nearest approach to it so far. sorry i'm getting off topic..

i love how you put thought in your clothes, i never thought of having a 'concept' for a coming season but i really like yours. :smile:

LunaAzul-- I really like the first outfit with the red shoes and the outfit with the skinny jeans and purple blazer. Really fantastic.

Scott said:
I was thinking Victorian schoolboy by way of "Nightmare Before X-mas" and German militaria....with a bit of flounce. I can't really describe in full detail(as I'm not fully prepared just yet) but my initial endeavour will most certainly be the vintage wool German military jacket my dad bought me for my b-day....black and striped poplin shirts....my new Alexandra Mein macabre,handmade corsage....glen check straight trousers...my usual boot of choice-the combat. I might even add a bit of black lace I shredded up to embellish a bit more. Coats are a bugger with me right now....haven't really seen anything that thrilled me....mostly just heavy blazers and jackets.

Sounds very nice, Scott. :flower:

My style for A/W 05/06 hmm... Little pit like a english gentleman but with a cool modern twist. Waistcoats, long coats, boots, something shinny, big thick scraves, ties, skinny jeans maybe a hat etc. etc. +military styled clothes.

utopia i started reading your list and it sounds so close to my list of "what i need to buy for fall" that i made a few weeks ago.
but instead of black i want navy.

i'm planning on wearing lots of tights and hats.
i want a cape and a muff.
last fall and winter i lived in wrap sweaters so i'm sure i'll bring them out again.
i want some grey flats.

i need to start saving so i can begin buying.

Skinnies jeans, black French Sole pumps, converse boots, plain tee's, and green and brown jumpery tops. Remember I am quite young so I have to look my age!

LunaAzel - What a great preview! Thanks for sharing. Agree that the white victorian blouse is stellar!! The skinnies look great on you, too, hips or no :flower:

I feel a bit behind :cry: How about I just say a little of this and a little of that :P

I have gotten a couple of great pairs of knee-high boots, an awesome navy boiled wool cropped jacket, a fantastic DEEP cowl neck cashmere sweater & I have my eye on the perfect blk velvet blazer to replace the current one that's on its last leg & some black culottes! I still have my eye out for the perfect pair of skinnies myself. Tried Sass & Bide and that rise is NOT working for me :lol:

Can someone tell me what they think of my style is it good, or bad?

hmm...it's hard to say. I've been waiting for fall for so long that now I'm almost over it, though I hardly have worn anything.

for me, definately black black black. Love black to begin with but now have much more to my warddrobe. I love playing with proportions and will continue to do so. Also really adore streamlined well cut silhouettes but I find to get the right look that I want, I would have to go very expensive and thats not in the budget so will look in vintage stuff or not at all. Definately deep purples and teals and really need a large belt (need to check out the YSL one in person) to belting blazers and dresses. Can't wait to pull out my tights.

Totally agree on the military coat (minus russian embrodiery which will date it too much IMO) but we'll see what i actually end up getting and am craving black suede wedges with a closed toe (love the ones in the current armani campaign, need to check those out as well) and generally i avoid boots altogether as I HATE the way they bunch on people around the ankle but may need to check into some lovely riding boots.

I guess in summary, black and proportions will be me this fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->