Your style for autumn/winter 05/06

Wildcard, I love the look with the scarf and the white veat :wub:
I'm feeling inspired, I will try and take a few pics in the morning.

I will be wearing shades of purple, royal blue, grey, dark greeen and curry paired with black pants or skirts or a pair of straight legged blue jeans. I want a pair of victorian inspired boots and probably a top as well. also I want a pair of riding boots in brown. I will still be wearing necklaces almost all the time. The same goes for blazers.
Sounds kind of borring, i know. :doh: Maybe I wasn't as inspired as i thought :lol:

fashionista-ta said:
Hi, Asha, I don't see why not :flower: Are you thinking of wearing any jewelry or anything like that?

Yes, I will. I would wear big bead not anything like this summers big beads just plain black big ones. I will also wear a set I got from Kit Heath's 'White Diamond' collection. It is a little star necklace pendant and little star earings. They have little diamonds in the middle and are white gold. Is that ok? Thanks for the help!:heart: :flower:

Asha123 said:
Yes, I will. I would wear big bead not anything like this summers big beads just plain black big ones. I will also wear a set I got from Kit Heath's 'White Diamond' collection. It is a little star necklace pendant and little star earings. They have little diamonds in the middle and are white gold. Is that ok? Thanks for the help!:heart: :flower:

That sounds really sweet, Asha :flower:

I know I won't stick to one paticular style I tend to be on the classic side though. Here's movies that I like to watch for inspiration ^_^ Mainly and Hitchcock film or 1950's movies (Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, etc..)

How to Marry a Millionaire
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Dial "M" For Murder
Charade
threemoviebuffs.jpg

This thread is so much fun. I loved to read/see everyone’s inspirations.

Utopia, I can't wait to see your pics -> I think our style is a bit similar -esp. for the love of vintage- but your look is more streamlined/sculptural (also has to do w/ the fact that you can wear a much wider range of shapes than I!!)
Helena, I adore your way of layering & would love to see pics of silh. that inspire you...
Lena, :heart: the sound of your 40s inspirations.
LunaAzul, fantastic pics- loved all your outfits (& hope to see more on what are you wearing :wink: )

This topic inspired me to put together a little collage w/ some random pics I had saved (am usually not this organized at all!!)

winter05-06.jpg

-Key new item I’m adding to my wardrobe is the blouse/shirt/shirtdress
-later in the season (on sale) a nice oversized sweater with unusual volume
-would like to sew the yamamoto showstudio jacket

Accessories:
-crochet access. or details to customize a top etc. as inspired by the vintage style crochet thread: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28962
-Victorian style jewelry I have collected over the past seasons
-would love to find a beaded flapper necklace

-borrowed from my mother:
Wide 80s belt (love the look but not sure how it will tie-in/ will probably not wear it!!) 80s Jourdan evening bag w/gold stylized leopard print & tassel

-several vintage silk scarves collected over the summer – again, not sure how I will wear these & after doing this collage not sure if they will work ->so maybe I will just display them :lol:

Shoes: would like to add one nice pair of decorative/jeweled flats
Inspiration: Dries van Noten & Comme des Garçons :heart:

very nice nr9 collage...
i would wear most of what you posted...
dries and cdg are also major inspirations for me this fall...
along with prada and louis vuitton...

esp love your mum's jourdan bag...
very lucky to have that piece, you are...:heart:
i also have a vintage belt with a square buckle...but mine's velvet...
also not sure if i will wear it...but i think i will...

:flower:

Great idea Nr9 :woot: gorgeous
I'm going to make one right away :P

utopia said:
loving the 40's influence. lena in heels? :o :woot:

My thoughts exactly! :P

I'll try and gather up some images to post....

Assorted corsages by Alexandra Mein...texture,embellishment
broches-alexandra.jpg

Maybe something in the way that Preen did this season...with a leaner less voluminous silhouette and of course a bit more texture-
dczbe8.jpg
dczdoh.jpg

(IMAGES MINTRED.BE + CATWALKING)

^^^^ great collages....I wish I knew how to make them.....:cry: nr9dream - I too like all your pieces (the dries is great as that comme shirt thing).

scott the pics you posted look very good too.

Thanks Softgrey, Helena, Tine ^^lovely silhouettes posted :flower:

Softgrey, the bag is also my fav item :heart: I like how it's a nod to the trends but still personal. Same reason I love the sound of your velvet belt - maybe I'll be able to look to you f/insp. on how to wear it :flower: I'd really like to try a new silh. for fall other than the more loose shapes I usually wear...

^That's amazing,Mullet! :woot: I wish I could do a collage but I'm so handicapped without the software *sigh*

Thanks Helena! :wink:

hmm... well as i just got my first job (im 15, such a baby) i finally have a little extra money to spend aside from what my parents give me. So shopping here i come!

as far as influences go i'm going preppy-meets-beat-meets-edie sedgwick (when she was in school and during her factory days)-meets-military

so far i have bought...
3 collared shirts (black, blue and white, yellow and white)
a tweed mini
2 sweaters ( 1 black v neck, one grey crew)
1 long oversized cardigan
a bunch of collared long sleeve t's
plaid dress
dark jeans (in the mail as we type)
black leotard

im gonna mix this in whith old stuff, particularly my super faded jeans, berkinstocks (clogs), vintage long grey day coat, black pea coat, super cute pink sweater (it's kinda frilly around the collar and sleeves, not little girl-ish, more victorian)

im looking for these pieces, if anyone knows where i could find them (i'm in the states, so no overseas stores) that wold be great
-skinny jeans (i want these soooo bad)
-leggings (black and spandexy, but they need to be at least below the knee)
-military-ish coat (not russian, im really not in to that right now)
-a really cute pair of black ballet flats
-a really good denim mini (above mid thigh and faded)
-black mini
-superblack opque tights that fit my legs (im only 5'6" but my inseam is a 35. i dont know if that's long but tights never are long enough)
-a bag that would be versital (sp) enough to go with my clothing mix

please help! (particularly on the skinny jeans, i can't find them anywhere!)

preppy_beat_boho,
where do you stop when you are measuring your inseam? Your ankle, floor or bottom of leg?

I don't know what state you live in, but if your on a budget Burlington Coat Factory would be a good palce to get what's on your list.

I'm not totally sure on wha tmy style is gonna be in the autumn/winter, but it will contain dark colors ( black, brown, royal blue, beige, green, red ) I will be wearing blazers, V-neck's, button up's, Long sleeves, and woven hats ( don't really know the name for it ). But it's like the syle from the picture:

db-oftp335.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->