Your style for autumn/winter 05/06

auddie said:
. But if you're small-framed, go to a thrift shop and look in the boy's section -- you can find ones just like that for under $10.

That's where I get alot of my basic white shirts for my small frame. They fit great (around the boobs sometimes, not so much, depends on who made it). Petite is too baggy and juniors are too short.

Hanne,

Did you make that story board? Such a great idea! I have a few pictures inside my bathroom cabinet that I look at for inspiration, but nothing like yours! Lovely!

ShannonMc said:
Hanne,

Did you make that story board? Such a great idea! I have a few pictures inside my bathroom cabinet that I look at for inspiration, but nothing like yours! Lovely!

Thank you Shannon :flower: I made it with a mix of inspirational photos (photo credit style.com, doori-nyc.com) and photo's of my own stuff.

Geometric, simple but layered and complicated at the same time. Basic black and white, hints of red here and there. Channeling Peggy Moffit meets Sprouse and Carlos D from Interpol.
Black and white chunky striped sweaters, fitted jackets, Black military coats w/ bronze buttons, black jeans. Heather grey is going to be key too, lots of short sleeved hoodies, grey tees, and this vintage silvered grey suit is going to be the statement piece. Red suspenders, black and white spectator shoes, Combat boots with tank tops and black newsboy caps. Big circular or square black sunglasses. Black wool cape w/ spider brooch. Bold houndstooth printed jacket (from target :ninja: ) is going to be big in my wardrobe too. Reviving my red leather boots and red leather travel bag as a daywear bag. Striped scarves in monochromatic blacks and greys...

get it?

Classic with a twist - boring, I know:blush: I've got two pairs of trouser jeans, one for boots and heels and a pair for flats. I got a pair of Burberry python ballet flats for fall to add to regular black and brown high heeled boots. I also got a pair of simple Lucchese cowboy boots (I'm in Houston^_^ ) to wear with True Relgion cords and sweaters.

I think I'll just mix it up with interesting, feminine tops and basic sweaters. I have a fox stole to wear with simple outfits - my inspiration is Meredith Melling Burke, Vogue editor.

It's 90 degrees here, can't wait for some cooler weather!!

At work, dress slacks with button downs in classic colors or thin tee shirts, a la J.Crew or American Apparel. Layer with blazers when it gets colder. Shoes are comfortable, usually my clunky Earth shoes, which puts a little bit of me into the work uniform.

For play, thrift store sweaters, striped tees, baggy jeans this year (sold or Goodwilled all my tight jeans), funky glasses, and scarves. I love scarves this time of year--polka dotted long ones, handknit ribbed ones, collegiate striped ones.

Nothing is tight or constricting. Lots of layers. I've already started wearing 3 layers of clothing when I go out. Thrift store necklaces for accessorizing, but the same jade bracelet, Skagen watch and Tiffany diamond earrings every day.

Shoes have to be comfortable. Oxfords or Birkenstocks, sometimes with socks. :ninja:

Oh, and colors are black, grey, purple, and blue. Like a bruise. :rolleyes:

Hanne said:
Thank you Shannon :flower: I made it with a mix of inspirational photos (photo credit style.com, doori-nyc.com) and photo's of my own stuff.
it looks wonderful hanne...:flower:

sounds nice too ale...

:heart:

thanks :kiss: I'll be posting pics as I get these items out on the streets :lol:

well im taking my boyfriend shopping...and whats in this winter 05...i can never figure out whats in for guys...just seems like its personal choice...
but if u guys can help me out thanks :flower:

Alejandro said:
Geometric, simple but layered and complicated at the same time. Basic black and white, hints of red here and there. Channeling Peggy Moffit meets Sprouse and Carlos D from Interpol.
Black and white chunky striped sweaters, fitted jackets, Black military coats w/ bronze buttons, black jeans. Heather grey is going to be key too, lots of short sleeved hoodies, grey tees, and this vintage silvered grey suit is going to be the statement piece. Red suspenders, black and white spectator shoes, Combat boots with tank tops and black newsboy caps. Big circular or square black sunglasses. Black wool cape w/ spider brooch. Bold houndstooth printed jacket (from target :ninja: ) is going to be big in my wardrobe too. Reviving my red leather boots and red leather travel bag as a daywear bag. Striped scarves in monochromatic blacks and greys...

get it?

Can't wait to see pictures..:woot:

Vintage grey/heather grey striped tee

White enamel skull necklace

This is for now, I have more to come.

Another one from friday, Vivienne Westwood argyle vest :heart: and Marc Jacobs shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->