Your style for autumn/winter 05/06

utopia

ingenue
Reaction score
well, september is almost here and here in england we've already had some chilly weather to sample excerpts from our autumn wardrobe. so this is got me thinking, what is your personal look, trends aside, going to be for the upcoming cold seasons? what colour schemes are you going for? shapes and textures? and how do the season's trends tie into your personal style? pics of your winter wardrobe staples and examples of the look you're going to be going for are all the better.^_^

for me, I will be wearing a palette of grey, pale purple, dark purple, black, and mixing them with earthy tones both dark and washed out. I'm going to be going for a sort of a cross between old bloomsbury/writer-ly inspired ("scholarly vintage" as I've deemed it; I've been inspired by c.s. lewis and intellectual circle and era he lived in)... wool tartan skirts and full pleated skirts, naturally...and pretty delicate blouses underneath vneck sweaters and chunky knit scarves, worn with dark indigo jeans and flats or oxfords. I've also just bought a gorgeous new coat and will try to post a pic soon. ^_^

what about everyone else?

Me

this will be my first post :smile:. I'm desperate for cool weather now because it's very hot down here in the south and I never really get into the summer/spring styles...maybe I'll move to where it's always chilly. Anyway, for the upcoming cold seasons I'll be sporting more browns and white than I usually do. Less jeans (more trousers) and more boots. My style is usually classic/preppy and I like the look I saw in Lucky (the 70s Collegiate look). Things that I'll probably be wearing often is my black wool coat and a lot of simple v-neck sweaters and thick striped scarves.

utopia said:
well, september is almost here and here in england we've already had some chilly weather to sample excerpts from our autumn wardrobe. so this is got me thinking, what is your personal look, trends aside, going to be for the upcoming cold seasons? what colour schemes are you going for? shapes and textures? and how do the season's trends tie into your personal style? pics of your winter wardrobe staples and examples of the look you're going to be going for are all the better.^_^

for me, I will be wearing a palette of grey, pale purple, dark purple, black, and mixing them with earthy tones both dark and washed out. I'm going to be going for a sort of a cross between old bloomsbury/writer-ly inspired ("scholarly vintage" as I've deemed it; I've been inspired by c.s. lewis and intellectual circle and era he lived in)... wool tartan skirts and full pleated skirts, naturally...and pretty delicate blouses underneath vneck sweaters and chunky knit scarves, worn with dark indigo jeans and flats or oxfords. I've also just bought a gorgeous new coat and will try to post a pic soon. ^_^

what about everyone else?

Utopia, your look sounds great! Love CS Lewis and your idea of intellectual fashion. Funny, my primary palette is exactly the same as yours, but also includes pewter. Where I am there has been no chilly weather and may not be for months, but I have still tried out certain elements of my fall wardrobe :wink: Palette taken from this (Marc Jacobs) jacket, the key piece (very heavy and textured:(

Plan to wear it with a long narrow black crepe skirt I already have (yoke and box pleat/slit in back), and am looking for pewter shoes (there's a metallic fringe in the tweed and a pewter lame lining). I also want to pick up the lavender with a top underneath. I've also gotten a vintage grey Lucite bag to go with ... my look is going to be kind of a witty take on the 60s suited look. This is more tailored than I've worn in awhile. I also want to find some pewter shoes--round toe pumps? I've seen some around, don't know if I'll be able to find any I like. Otherwise they'll be black. Long hair doesn't really work with the portrait collar--not sure yet if I'm going to put it up (yikes! like Mom used to wear) or chop it off.

I also have a secondary palette that picks up the brown from my last fall's wardrobe and adds to it. Brown, ivory, that kinda dusty brick color that's appeared this season (not sure what it's called), and emerald/teal accent. I've got these brown jeans that (even worn with ballet flats) make me look like I have long legs! Maybe they have some kind of fairy dust that will infect the rest of my wardrobe :wink: Actually the long narrow black skirt has that effect too.

In general there's lots of texture to my fall wardrobe, and it is picking up on the ladylike 60s theme--but not in a literal way.

Oxfords are looking very good to me, but the ones I like (with heels) don't seem right for this look. I am keeping them in mind for upcoming seasons though ... I do plan to pull out my black suede oxfords with the satin ribbons, which have just a little heel. The satin ribbon will work with this look I think ... In fact I've had them resoled for the occasion :wink:

Great thread :flower:

sounds fab, fashionista, thanks for sharing! ^_^

come on everyone, let's keep this thread going :flower:

utopia - your look sounds very similar to what I'll be doing too. I was thinking of having a full-ish tartan skirt made up for me. Long scarves. quality knits in blues, purples, greys and black. I won't be doing the new gothic/great expectations look I don't think.... I am rapidly getting tired of bootcut jeans so i will be wearing skinnier jeans with skirts & dresses over them. I am looking for a strong well cut military coat and black boots - I suppose a bit of the russian look but without the embroidery.

Another sweet thread! :flower: for utopia =)

fashionista-ta, your style for au/win sounds amazing, it seems i have a lot to learn from you! =)))

My heart goes out to the color burgundy this autumn/winter. Dreaming about a well tailored, cozy burgundy coat, Burberry Prorsum a/w 06 sporran bags, black very round toe ballet flats with a little twisted design. :heart:

Long black dresses and ground sweeping skirts with grey birkenstock clogs for cloudy/dark days. I am all into dark colors, all shades of grey, dark blue, [dark pistachio] green and [milky] brown. Thinking about only highlighting the outfits with bold colors at nights, going out.

A black velvet fitted jacket with pouf pouf arms. knitted dark colored shawls with different patterns. lowcut jeans that just fits, not stretch ones. Cream knitting/lacework detailed victorian mini dresses with black lycra tights and ballet flats for night outs. (Buying them from ebay and cutting them to make mini). Anything with an owl print. Oversized v-neck cashmere sweaters. Black rasta-cap with green/red/yellow stripe (just bought it!:woot:) for wearing with black peacoats. Darkish sage green knitted dress under the knee with pirate boots. Velvet thin embroideried cardigans with tassels. (dark purple and emerald green)

So far its what i am all about!

I really haven't decided yet but lots of black, I haven't wear it for a long time. BIG skirts, I don't like that much trousers. Some cozy knitwear and a skinny scarf. Everything for not this time ( more 1920-1970 era mixed) and not for this place.

The key piece is maybe going to be my (second hand) leather trench.

I don't want to summer to go away :(

i am ridiculously well-prepared for fall...
it can't some soon enough as far as i am concerned....^_^...

utopia, your color palette sounds beautiful!

For me, I'm very much into jackets and coats for fall/winter. I will of course be wearing my peacoat, and I'm looking for a knee length sort of admirals coat (a little bit military) as well as a black overcoat. I'm also liking the idea of a casual, unstructured blazer for my everyday look, layering it with a tee shirt and zip up hoodie and putting a pocket square in for a fun touch. I'm definitly feeling dark navy blues this season, although it is a bit of a wardrobe staple of mine, as well as black, grey and maybe some muted plum colors as well. And boots, I want lots of boots!

Fall and Winter are my favorite times of the year. Nothing really changes for me in regards to cut or colour. I usually wear anything that's black with lean silhouettes, abstract shapes and textures, and preferably androgynous-inspired. I like wearing different textures at the same time, like, cashmere with suede (as in gloves and shoes). All in black, of course.

I like fall/winter fashion SO much more than spring and summer.

This fall, my wardrobe is pretty much centered around a tan corduroy blazer that I just bought. I plan on wearing mostly darker, earthy tones, like gray and brown, with some bright colors thrown in -- for example, one outfit I've set out so far has been a gray pleated knee-length skirt with brown flats, a white tank, and tan blazer, with bright-colored necklaces. Darker colors will be my base, with brighter tank tops, cardigans and jewelry to mix it up. Knee-length cotton skirts will also be staples, as will jeans (of course).

I will be wearing lots of minidresses withs opaque tights (black or stripped), flat boots and ballet flats, also 60's coats and jackets and skinny jeans and black skinny pants. Lots of black, white, dark purple and blue. Scarfs and berets.
And stripes.

utopia, your fall/winter palette sounds lovely! i'm working with similar colors as well. i'm loading up on lots of black... black tops, dresses, footwear, coats, jewelry, hats... but i've also picked up some nice medium and charcoal grey cashmere sweaters. have lots of wool and cashmere going into autumn/winter, but am still buying some soft cotton and jersey tops to wear underneath coats and jackets. lots of black, cream, greys, dark purple and some muted earth tones... very influenced by the various styles in the 60s from the early 60s hitchcock heroine, to mid 60s mod, to late 60s hippie... also loving military details.

My color palette for this year f/w is some where along grey, black, brown, navy and white, an occasional maroon red and dark green. I'm going with solid colors, mixed with patterns such as stripes and maybe even embroidered surfaces... Over all inspired by Edie Sedgwick, Françoise Hardy, sprinkled with an androgynous feeling. Simple, sleek shillouettes, maybe occasionally loose with a puff of fabric, wool, velvet, knit and cashmere. I'm hoping to get a good peacoat for winter, V neck sweaters to layer over a printed t-shirt, trenchcoat, mid-calf boots for fall, turtlenecks, wide striped scarfs...hats... etc.

I just bought justin timberlake-esque red hat! I'll be wearing that :heart:

breathe0xygen, lovely!. i've probably said it before but i love your style..i think it's pretty similar to mine, only better :heart:

my "style" will be the same this season, only more polished and influenced by dries van noten's collection for winter. I already feel like wearing lots of dark, gray wool with some shades of bright yellow, gold or purple here and there... might get bored with it by winter though.
not quite into the skinny silhouette of the season so I'm jumping into loose clothes (pants, blouses, knit sweaters), doing puffy skirts (not jackets) and velvet and satin, especially for headbands or handbags, though my messenger bag will be in high rotation for the rest of the year. or life. :P

mod/beatnik + janis joplin victorian rock + pirate= my kick a** fall style. lots of round toe pumps/boots (remarkably, I just got marc jacobs high heeled victorian buckle boots in grey, fantastic for my look!!), neck scarves, velvet/thin cords pants, military jackets, big jewelry. this is going to be so much fun! just have to get a few more vests and blousy shirts.

For me:
More Blacks and Greys (my wardrobe is raped with green and brown)

Tall coats with long sleeves and wide cuffs.

Darker, straight leg denim.

More boots and heels as opposed to sneakers.

I suck at picking out shirts.
Any help?

emma peel said:
mod/beatnik + janis joplin victorian rock + pirate= my kick a** fall style. lots of round toe pumps/boots (remarkably, I just got marc jacobs high heeled victorian buckle boots in grey, fantastic for my look!!), neck scarves, velvet/thin cords pants, military jackets, big jewelry. this is going to be so much fun! just have to get a few more vests and blousy shirts.

would love to see a pic of your boots ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->