Your style for autumn/winter 05/06

palyxa,

from the floor. i have the problem that some regular jeans are to short, and long ones are to long. diesel, buffolo, and citizens for mankind are usually the right lenght. i live in nj, we do have a burlington coat factory here, i'll have to check that out.

i just love tht limi feu red riding hood coat strawb ! :heart:
gorgeous collage !

preppy_beat_boho,
Hmmm, I was stopping at the top of my ankle, guess I can add a few inches then:D .

Babyphat has great straight leg jeans, it took me awhile to break mine in, they were very stiff at first but now they slide like butter when I put them on. The color is still very dark after several years.

I wasn't too big on the miltary look, but after some of these posts I'm itchin to get a new jacket. Not that I'm easily influenced:P

pretty beat boho- if you live in nj go to the garden state plaza (not sure if you live in north or south nj) but the h&m there should have skinny jeans. if not (which im sure they do, but if you dont like them) go to nordstrom and look at their jean selection or neiman marcus, much more money but a good pair should be worth it. diesel makes some that i have and i'm in love with

i_<3_chanel said:
i just love tht limi feu red riding hood coat strawb ! :heart:
gorgeous collage !
thank you.

Should you ever get that coat, you'll also need to get a good hiding place for it... :shifty:

:D

I have no idea what my style will be this fall/winter. I guess it'll be a mix of everything. :-) The palette will be dark though. Mostly browns, burgundies, navy, black, dark greens, olive, gray and some white and dusty pink. I don't think I'll wear lots of patterns other than flowers and stripes mainly on tops. I've already gotten some skinny jeans that I'll wear a lot with an oversize sweater and a newsboy cap. I'm also going to wear my brown knee-length tweed skirt a lot with chunky boots. Thin cords, big belts, round toe boots, ballerinas, black military style wool coat, big earrings and long necklaces (although not both in the same outfit), lots of thin scarves, pretty blouses...
Am thinking of picking up the Balenciaga 60's trend by wearing a black and white wool a-line skirt. Maybe with flat boots..
And I'm really craving a flower patterned dress. Would love to get one of those gorgeous ones from Burberry Prorsum, however do not have the budget for that. Oh well, thank god for h&m! :-)

i'm always a total prep in the wintertime...
a lot of sweaters, dresses with sweaters and tights, and jeans...and boots...
however i shall be incorporating tights into my wardrobe this fall&winter! i'm very excited!
as i can't buy off ebay anymore (at least not very much) i've broken my addiction...trying to stay away:blush:...
i've decided to subscribe to a new philosophy.
i've added up what i spent the last two falls&winters on clothing, and have decided to average that amount and spend that much on a few beautiful-quality items...and a few froufrou things that are just fun.
the total i have to spend? $650:rolleyes:
the fun items are as follows:
this AMAZING sweater thing from urban ($100, but it's so...cute...)
p173217b.jpg

footless tights ($10)
p203344b.jpg

i've already bought these boots... so they don't count in the budget.
p164435f.jpg

now, for quality items, i decided on a cashmere sweater and a very beautiful pea coat. unfortunately, for these items i don't trust the internet, so i'll get them from stores i can go to- J.Crew and

from jcrew...about $145
71205_BK0001.jpg

and as soon as this comes down in price a bit...
68640_BL8041_FA05_m.jpg

very simple, very preppy.
also must find leather boots.
yes.
HURRAH I LOVE FALL!

I'm wearing little boy's blazers in navy and black, 50s style knee-length coats, slouchy toques, long scarves, pencil skirts, black thin turtlenecks... and for night, some hot pointy heels. Also: really simple jewelery, like a really long silver chan with nothing on it. Of course, I have to find that first... And small, round, feminine watches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, thefashionista, sorry! You made me sad :(. I <3 that blazer. But if you're small-framed, go to a thrift shop and look in the boy's section -- you can find ones just like that for under $10. You have to keep checking every week though... don't lose hope... shopping at thrift stores is sometimes difficult but ultimately rewarding :smile:. See what I'm wearing here:
ImageHandler.ashx

It cost me $4!

Last edited by a moderator:
:heart: I love this thread - I'm inspired by you guys, I'm going to have a think and get back to you.

Just discovered this thread..hmm.maybe I should get a more disciplined grip on the looks I'll want to do and fine-tune with accessories..

Great Forum!

I'm brand spanking new to this forum...but I've learned a lot in just 20 minutes of being here!

Pointup....I agree w/ Luxury'sLap that bermudas look fab w/ knee high boots! (In MY case they have to be stilletoes...but each to their own. I guess flat heeled boots "might" work.)

Fashionist-ta...I hadn't thought about wearing wellies with bermuda shorts but these from JCrew would really be FUN (I just bought them)
65713_PA0086.jpg

Finally LunaAzul..I love the oufits you posted...Where did you get your black boots? :heart:

utopia said:
loving the 40's influence. lena in heels? :o :woot:
!

:D tell me about it utopia.. now that flats are 'hot' i have to go with heels got finally bored of flats but i'm soon investing in two pairs of 'athlelics' thin sole, maybe with cords(?) could be asics tiger hmmm

sticking with the menswear look, as previously announced
i just need more mens styled trousers
with normal-ish waist (no more low rise for me, thanks)
and one or two extra mens vests

my bright red pencil skirt is looking for new 'friends'
yellows, navy and shades of grey are under cctv

audie, love the look :wink:

This thread is awesome...it's fun seeing how everyone has their own style and taste and we all differ (some of the clothes I would wear and other's I wouldn't, but it's all so interesting :woot: )

Personally I'm going for a clash between elegant Victorian and casual New England (even though I'm in the South, haha). :lol:
For colors, I love creams and browns, so cozy :heart:

Holland--- Those boots look like they'd be a blast to wear! If I had them I'd get some fun tights to go along (or wear them with a bright yellow rain slicker on drizzly days for a bit of cheer).

Cute! :P

I've decided that my look for AW is going to be a mix of proper and prim and messy and bold. All my colors will be classic falls like black, brown, maybe some grey, mixed with bright colors. Don't you love wearing bright colors when it's cold and messy out? I do. It makes everything feel more - upbeat. Like today I wore a black pencil skirt - with an off the shoulder emerald green sweater. With black and white pumps - that happen to have 3 inch heels. My hair was in a total slicked back pony-tail in the middle of my head - that happened to become a messy bun.

Black, Blue, Teal, Grey and a little Brown
Tights in Blue and shades of grey
Gloves
Loong hoodie-turtlenecks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"