Gareth Pugh S/S 10 New York / Paris

XwvZx.jpg

twitpic.com/FashionWeekLive

Last edited by a moderator:
Gareth's best show ever as evidenced by extremely positive reaction from editors and buyers. This was luxury, Gareth Pugh style.
http://twitter.com/_BoF_

Good to know there were no more video presentation, I love his runway more...

A backstage pic:

001s52a3

twitter.com/FashionWeekLive

I can't wait until the collection is online! Hate waiting, it looks interesting so far, well of course!

I LOVE it! THIS is Gareth Pugh where he should be. Unique, check. Artistic, check. No compromise, check. Wearable, doublecheck. YAY!

^thanks !

definitely very McQueen feeling on some pieces. some headpieces are the ones McQueen did for a Givenchy Couture show in monochrome black. another headpiede remind me the new part of the Lyon (a city in France) airport ... it's exactly the same design and eagle concept.

the outfit hasn't changed that much. it's more Pugh loof than Pugh graphic ... but ...

seriously I cannot understand how buyers and editors were excited about this.
perhaps the atmosphere at the show was amazing. perhaps this link doesn't show all the pictures.

to me some previous Pugh collection were much better.

very rick owens: colors and silhouettes, details and even technique and furniture

^ thank you Atelier17! From what we've seen I love it. I love the grey! And it's neither drab nor boring. The headpieces are amazing.

For his first major runway show in Paris — last time around he surprised everyone with a video presentation instead and hasn't he presented a real show before ? - me — Gareth Pugh, went softer, androgynous, and gray. None of his until-now trademark hard-edged black and white palette to be seen — gray covered the model's faces, hairs, nails, bodies, and even blocked out their eyebrows.
Showstopping plumed mohawk headdresses are an editorial shoe-in, and will perhaps soon be seen on front row guest Rihanna, dressed in Pugh, who marked the designer's first major celebrity front row guest (Adrian Grenier and Michael Stipe also attended). Both menswear and womenswear were combined into one show this season, which ended with the Cranberries' "Zombie" playing — perhaps symbolic of the season's "gender-bending zombie look," as the Los Angeles Times's Booth Moore put it. More details from the show here.

fashionologie.

could someone please enlight me with this grey (nor black, nor white. grey.) collection and the video ????

meh

fugtastic, as expected.

less costume-y than his last collection, but srsly, he's a costume designer who should work on a science fiction movie set, NOT doing clothes which he expects people to wear.

it's really mostly gay guys who cream themselves over his stuff, not women.

yes, I loved the feathers!!
Can´t wait for a video or something to pop up :woot:
I´m so excited. looooving it so far.
Thanks for the pics and info.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the full collection is out i `ll give my opinion,but for now i loove the make up!!! ; P

fashionologie.

could someone please enlight me with this grey (nor black, nor white. grey.) collection and the video ????

:lol: Yeah, I love how all the press so far is so excited over grey. (Seriously though, is there anything less exciting?) :innocent:

Cant wait for the full collection the hair pieces are very McQueen i really need to see the whole thing before I judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->