Giles Deacon F/W 10.11 Paris

i don't get this appeal AT ALL in any way. seriously what?

that bag is adorable, i think its fashionable but its corky and cute, which is a nice break from all this serious leather wearing assassin trend going on in a lot of runways this season

Last edited by a moderator:
The collection is up at style.it :flower:
I love that dress in #37.

Angela was the lucky girl who got to hold that bag :rofl:

It's a wonderful collection. Almost sober for him. The clouds are a soft theme waving through it, the palette is calm and very relaxed, the cuts feel wearable, yet fresh. Count me in.

I thought the collection was very hit and miss. Some pieces were quite nice (generally towards the beginning), some very pretty boring and others were downright terrible. It's one thing to make all the noise about models when you can back it up with a nice collection. It's another thing to cast all the big names as an attempt to make up for the lackluster collection.

Wow, a mostly gorgeous collection from Giles, extremely wearable yet unusual and so beautifully finished off. Bravo.

Always seem to like Giles - whatever he does, he does it well. :D

The bags were very cute, too - I don't find them ugly, at all.

Hoping the furry one is faux, of course!

Ah! His best collection in quite some time. It seems like he's found the right balance this time of well designed clothes and humorous styling. As of late, his collections have veered too far into gimmicky territory.

The opening handful of looks are extremely appealing. The coats, too, are beautiful, especially that oversized shearling number.

The casting is wonderful, too. Goes to show you how much of an effect the choice of models can have on a collection.

I think it's a really strong collection. It offers great basics (vests, uncomplicated coats, nice square tops) and some fantastic intriciate pieces. That salmon coat on Rosie is just to die for, I really like it. For the most part it's incredibly cohesive, except for those odd shiny pieces and the gimmicky bags. But yeah, money's gotta roll...

Love the toned down looks (especially the opening 10 looks or so) and the crazy hair. Plus the casting is exceptional and actually interesting.

really gotta find a video of this show! i love the looks! that dress that KK opened in is beautiful! the back is really sexy.

^ me too! I NEED A VIDEO OF THE SHOW :ninja:

That bag is hillarious :lol:
I liked the cloud bustier dress, that could look beautiful in some editorials. The collection as a whole dissapointed me though.

The collection is up on style.it. If nobody posts it in a few hours, I will. :flower:

Edit: TBH, the collection is really boring. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->