Lanvin Mens F/W 10.11 Paris

Love the environment, but I was expecting more from the clothes itself... :(

Undoubtedly the winner of this season!
natually elegance with raw edge.
very sophisticated, very sharp and fresh.
LANVIN never disappointed us.

as everyone has said. if this is the future, i don't want to live in it. this apocalyptic collection did not give us much hope -- remember the whole "optimism" kick that swept the womenswear shows a couple of years ago -- but it gave us a boatload of near-perfect clothes. i'm not only impressed by the range of lanvin menswear -- we've gone from a romantic dandy full of color last season to christian bale in terminator salvation -- but i'm interested in the way the cuts and the precision remain in tact. peel back the styling and the palette and the accessories and the setting and these clothes stand out as some of the most strong and identifiable we've seen over the past two weeks. easily. also, between raf simons, commes des garcon, and lanvin, we have a re-invigoration of the utilitarian with these harnesses and belts, etc.

i'd be interested to see how this informs the womenswear. i wonder if alber elbaz himself has the range of his menswear designer to insert this new idea of the future into the elegant lyric we associate with lanvin. it's clear that the shows for spring that looked to a militaristic future called this trend dead-on...

00950m.jpg
00040m.jpg

gq.com

Not quite as charming as last season's collection. What I like about this collection is it's very fresh and quite original. 95% of the coats are beyond amazing, especially the belted ones. And the footwear is phenomenal.

What I don't like is the fact that most of the clothes would be very difficult to wear. You'd need to be model built to look that good in those outfits.

I wonder how this collection will sell.

I like it all mostly, except for that snake shoe. Loving those high-wasted pants.

What disappoints me most is the lack of those very refined and unique details that we're so accustomed to at Lanvin. I appreciate that Lucas and Alber are trying to create some kind of 'new' embellishment and detailing on the clothing/shoes/bags, but if this is what experimentation looks like, they should go right back to what they were doing.

Seriously, snake-skin loafers with neon yellow detailing? What is this? Versace?! And those backpacks made out of cheap cheap materials? How much are they going to charge for those? And those redundant felt belts? Ridiculous.

This collection to me is a major fail. For the first time, there is no sense of luxury, and everything just looks diffused from the ideas that Raf Simons had over 10 years ago! The frayed edges, the belted suit jackets and the general sense of an apocalyspe? It's been done by Raf, and many other designers for that matter, with much more appeal.

Classic tough and polished chic! I love it. I've always been a fan of this look anyway so it's hard not to like the collection despite its typical design, style and the palette. But oh, the suits and the slicked back hair... :crush:

Thanks for posting detail shots! Some pieces are so beautifully tailored, I love it about Lanvin so much.

Although I wouldn't consider wearing all the pieces, I adore the entire collection from a design point of view.

This is actually quite cool looking. Although I don't like these sweaters. But all those blazers are really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->