Givenchy F/W 2016.17 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Oh hey Lily in the back
Z0aZ6.gif

popkey.com

^ :lol: yeah... the light on them is so evidently different from the one on the background. Unless the concept is a paper collage effect (and it doesn't look like that was the intention, looks more like the imitation of natural lighting) this is a photoshop disaster.

Don't even know what's worse, the images or the clothes.... :rofl:

This new shot looks even more rehearsed and stiffer than the first one. Blondes on the left, brunettes on the right. And Julia Nobis looks atrocious.

Bella and Irina got the eyewear campaign.
Riccardo's obsession with Bella tho...

Fantastic soundtrack, I love Air Max '97. Other than that its pretty typical Givenchy. It's a interesting concept its just not carried out all the way.

Jeans, branded beanie hats, and t-shirts in a high fashion ad campaign. Way to go, Riccardo!

They really are just so shamelessly chasing paper at this point.

The video is super cool,
but nothing can save these disgusting clothes!:sick:

Jeans, branded beanie hats, and t-shirts in a high fashion ad campaign. Way to go, Riccardo!

They really are just so shamelessly chasing paper at this point.

IKR?

[

Last edited by a moderator:
The saddest thing about it is that it was styled by Carine....

The walking dead......because that's what they look like, zombies!

I actually see no fault in Carine's styling because when you only focus on it, it's not so bad. To me there's just a real conflict between the styling vs photography here. M&M and Carine no longer match. Both have adapted to their new worlds, evolved. Carine for instance has been working more with newer photographers and teams lately, and with that comes the need to step up her styling to match their energy and ideas. Just look at that group shot with Nobis. The styling provided a lot of potential......and it ended up so static. Most of what's wrong here lies with M&M. Looks like Meisel, Klein, Lindbergh and Leibovitz will croak and we'll still have no photographer who would be able to master the art of blocking. Here they are actually worse than Sims at MJ.

Are they trying to make up for all the models colliding in the actual show which was a MAZE with Guests leaving before the finale had finished?

mess. I hate givenchy now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->