Givenchy F/W 2019.20 : Ariana Grande by Craig McDean

this pairing makes no sense. Clare's givenchy is very mature, formal even... she's neither. I know Ariana is super famous right now, but the woman i see in Clare's collection couldn't be more different than her. I dare anyone to look at this collection and find something that wouldn't look ridiculous on her: Givenchy Fall 2019 Ready-to-Wear Fashion Show

also, #arivenchy - NO

Honestly I don't believe that Claire left Meisel and her muses -Karoline, Veronika- to get into McDean-Grande just like that.
It must be an special project or something -let's pray-.

I would expect a stunt like this from Dsquared2, but for Givenchy? This is one more sign that she's over her head.

Well hopefully this will be the fashion glow up she desperately needs. No more oversized sweatshirts and boots pls! She's super pretty and could wear high fashion well.

They shared on YouTube that the full campaign will be unveiled in July.

this pairing makes no sense. Clare's givenchy is very mature, formal even... she's neither. I know Ariana is super famous right now, but the woman i see in Clare's collection couldn't be more different than her. I dare anyone to look at this collection and find something that wouldn't look ridiculous on her: Givenchy Fall 2019 Ready-to-Wear Fashion Show

also, #arivenchy - NO

I find this a very odd choice for the reasons you mentioned. Especially since Clare had ridded Givenchy of the tacky Kardashian associations. Very disappointed in this. A million choices that would have made this chicer and on brand.

Surely this is for a beauty or fragrance ad? I can't believe Clare would accept Ariana Grande to be the face of her collection...

Looking like it sure did generate attention which was exactly the goal

The back of her black dress is similar to Audrey Hepburn's dress in Breakfast at Tiffany's; and she also has jewelry in her hair.
I find it funny how they're teasing it - it reminds me of the strategy used in music to tease a new video or single.

This smell desperation.
Her Givenchy surely doesn’t sell that well.
It’s so funny, I can’t!

Surely this is for a beauty or fragrance ad? I can't believe Clare would accept Ariana Grande to be the face of her collection...
Givenchy parfums and fashion are separated...
Like for the majority of the fashion brands.

also, #arivenchy - NO

Exactly! I must admit I'm not particularly a fan of Clare's Givenchy, and that's fine. Because you don't need to appeal to every person on the planet, especially if you're running a HF brand.

In a way it's sad that it has once again come to this. Pandering. Because that's all that this partnership is, and actually, even the way they've gone about unveiling it. Hyping on Instagram like it's a 'drop'......

As for the actual imagery, I'm getting a heavy reference to Audrey Hepburn again, which is such a cop-out.

No thanks, this has just turned me off even more from the brand.

As for the actual imagery, I'm getting a heavy reference to Audrey Hepburn again, which is such a cop-out.

don't even get me started on that.
They dress women like julianne moore and rosamund pike and rachel weisz on red carpets and now they're trying to pull a tired 'audrey hepburn' vibe with a girl who likes to look like a 18 yo lolita in ridiculous amounts of self tanner? I can't believe Clare is ok with this, I'd rather think / hope this was a "suits" choice. Absolutely ridiculous, all of it

What a random choice... Probably to get some followers on Instagram. For me Ariana doesn't fit with Givenchy and even though some models or famous ones that don't fit but have the capacity of versatility sometimes works, Ariana although beautiful for me, doesn't have a "posture" to wear high fashion clothes. She always looks like a child who is playing with her mother's clothes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awhetstone1018
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->