Givenchy F/W 2019.20 : Ariana Grande by Craig McDean

Givenchy was doing such a good thing with Meisel...
I like Ariana but she's making these clothes look so cheap. She's not a good fit at all. I'm happy for McDean but I'd wished for him this would've turned out better.

Looks like catalog/lookbook. She is swimming in those clothes. And on Ariana, swimming only works for her standard oversized hoodie.

Ugh, would much prefer Clare's usual Givenchy crew (Karolin, Veronika, Sohyun).

Arivenchy? :blink: This feels so embarassing and out of touch. Does Givenchy not have a marketing team? Ariana is about 100 light years away from Givenchy's image, style, brand whatever you wanna call it. Who thought it was a good idea, just for a few more clicks and likes? Because surely, her fans are not flocking to the nearest Givenchy boutique...

Vuitton on a budget! Didn't McDean shoot for them as well recently?

I do like the emerald suit, not necessarily on her. It looks great, I'm sure it will appeal to women, and we finally have a look or aesthetic which coincides with Clare's vision. Those Meisel ads actually didn't imo. But Ariana is the bad link here, trying to play at looking like a working woman but in such a contrived way.
It's as though Clare thought she had to get someone young to sell these looks because anyone more mature in these looks would've positioned Givenchy as an 'old' brand. Trust me, people talk like that noways in these kinds of meetings.

i doubt clare was in any way involved in this, this has executive board written all over it,
to me it reads as givenchy underperforming. her contract is ending soon, let's see if they'll keep her on.

a tragedy. Like i said when this was announced, this pairing makes no sense and the result is even worse than expected. the green suit photos are ridiculous, her makeup is a mess and none of this is believable.

All the build up and this is the end result? The most underwhelming reveal ever. So misguided.... Whoever is responsible; Clare, the PR, the executives... They should be ashamed.

this is very christina aguilera for versace. same level of taste.

Cute catalog.

I love the black and white shots tho. (Although that looks like a YSL dress by Anthony Vaccarello)

It's such a shame this is the results/campaign for my favorite Givenchy collection under Clare yet. I was so excited for this....

Really? Lol. Would NEVER have thought. In fact, you're probably one of the very few on here who likes her.

Oh don't misunderstand me, i'm in no way a fan of her but I do think she's very talented and I don't understand why so many people dislike her.
Doesn't mean I want to see her in a high fashion campaign though.

It's very interesting how much lighter she looks for this campaign...

she's honestly pretty white, I believe the color or her skin in public is mostly tanner

Yeah, that's exactly the point. She's not exactly refuting the blackfishing accusations thrown at her with these images...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->