Givenchy Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

There aren't enough capable hands to realize couture anymore.
Who wants to be a lowly seamstress in their 20's??
The ladies whose hands have really shaped couture are retiring or worse, laid off.
Unless Tisci can sew, this will lead nowhere. Like the REST OF COUTURE.

This collection, along with JPG really saved couture week for me. ^_^

There are great pieces in the collection but it looks sloppy.
The first Gyvenchy collection that I don't understand the hype over!

This is a mess from every angle... the colors, proportions, textures, silhouettes.. all bad. It looks rushed, sloppy, half-hearted and cheap (the horrid purple pieces esp). There are no redeeming aspects to be had here. I hope this 'look' won't continue on...

There aren't enough capable hands to realize couture anymore.
Who wants to be a lowly seamstress in their 20's??
The ladies whose hands have really shaped couture are retiring or worse, laid off.
Unless Tisci can sew, this will lead nowhere. Like the REST OF COUTURE.

Couture isn't about extraordinary craftsmanship anymore, then? :shock: This isn't the only example that shows pieces than appear to be low-quality and poorly sewn. :cry:

Btw, Chanel seems to attract more then enough young people who want to learn the craft. Maybe it's just Karl, tho. :lol:

Yes, it's an interesting question, can Riccardo Tisci sew a dress? :ninja:

While I don't think this is "couture" I do like it. I thought the colors were vibrant and amazing.

It didn't really have a couture feel to it but it is pretty amazing. I wouldn't say all of it is but, on the other hand, there were a lot of pieces that really did it for me. :smile:

absolutely stunning. i love the glam rock and the details. it shows real progression to me. i can see why people don't like it, because its so bold and over the top, but i love that about it.

I love it all.

The make up is dramatic and makes a strong statement.

The purple dress is absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I'd sleep in a dress like that.

I just watched the show and this is truly a blight on the career of Riccardo Tisci.
The finale dresses are just the most awful things, what on earth possessed him to design anything in this collection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->