Givenchy Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

The workmanship and the tailoring both spun the message that Givenchy has the true spirit of haute couture — but with a jerky, exhilarating 21st century vibe.

Amen Suzy Menkes

First impression: I HATE this. It's just so vulgar, and not in a good way. Something about this all screams "attention grabbing celebrity". And I'm honestly shocked by how many people are swooning over this considering that it doesn't look like a collection designed by Riccardo Tisci at all.

I'll give it time to process, but I don't see myself growing to love this.

Same sentiments, not Tisci's best, by far.

i don't really like any of this, it's just.. ok..
it's not beautiful imo

This is how I imagine people in hell dress. This is truly one of the most horrifyingly bad collections I have ever seen :sick:

Amen

What I loved about this collection is the Special factor of each of the looks. this was real couture each look was a show stopper. So much of the collection is extreme which gives you much to dissect and rework. I can easily see the sequined jump suits reworked into little cocktail dresses the sheer feather tanks also extended in to tank dresses. There was so much design in this collection I can’t wait to see how it trickles down to RTW. This was a real step fwd for Tisci Bravo.

I don't really know if I shall love or hate the whole collection... but I tend to the second :blink: The last collections were just overwhelming, but this is too strange, not very Givenchy.

I can see why some people hated this but I see this as a big progression , there is a lot of eroticism in this but its still dark and glamorous. Its a change from his usual gothic style. Some of the outfits are just soo stunning

The 1st half of the collection is hauntingly romantic, and definitely much easier to gulp than the more adventurous 2nd half.
Still, I can appreciate the craziness of the sequined looks, and over-the-top bold colors because they look so damn cool (especially the awesome blue jumpsuit on Hanne).
Overall I'm quite impressed, and certainly not bored (which can't be said for other designers).

I can not agree more. :heart:

I save the last 2 dresses and the all the feathered pieces,plus the ruffled dress on Kamila,the rest is a bit too bling bling drag queen for Givenchy couture

i like the ruffled dress too. the rest doesn't appeal to me at all.

I fell in love inmediately with this collection, I would love to wear it almost completely (if i weren't a 20 yo fashion student from south america:(). Givenchy did it again!

i think Tisci might switch to a slightly 'lighter' gear, starting with replacing muses (from MCB to Natalia and Ciara?). the collection really looks 'fun', the first looks are stunning, but also lighter than what he did until now.

i'd actually love to see where he'll take Givenchy from here...

^ From fashionologie
muse Mariacarla Boscono wasn't able to make it, so fellow brand face Natalia Vodianova, fresh of her Etam lingerie collection presentation yesterday, filled in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to like it because I'm getting such a 70s disco, Parisian vibe from it but there is something that just isn't right about it. Maybe my expectations were too high coming in.

i disagree with Suzy Menkes, the construction/workmanship on the second to last dress is not up to par with what Givenchy Haute Couture should be.

love it! i love how there's a bit of humor here ....just lovely....and of course that pom-pom dress KNOCKED ME OUT

This collection is absolutely stunning! :buzz::buzz::buzz: I love the suede thigh high boots - I don't think I've seen them made so nicely before. Love the colors, the embellishments, the makeup - everything. This is probably the best HC S/S 2010 collection I've come across so far.

I don't understand why this is a S/S collection though. Everything in it looks dark, cool and wintery. Tons of the trends they've incorporated are winter trends as well :lol:

Oh wow normally I complain about the makeup being too pale and drab, now it's just too much :lol:
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

Givenchy under Tisci isn't my cup of tea, I've concluded. But, I do respect it and its look. So I was a little surprised when I liked this more than I usually do. Then I realized it doesn't look like it came from Tisci directly, more like it was inspired by him or something.
Some looks are a little much for me, or maybe the makeup ruins them (they'll never win), but some are nice, something I might wear if I were older and richer. The details are very beautiful too :heart:

THIS is couture? :shock: It looks like it was made at some type of mom-and-pop seamstress shop.
30m1zjo.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->