Nina Ricci S/S 10 Paris

OMG....NYFW much:ninja::shock:??? This is just horrible, over-ruffled Zara stuff that's already filled the high street aisles for years now, albeit done with fine silks. At least with Theyskens, there will be an idea, a concept, a new fabric to look forward to. I just took out the very first Nina Ricci by Theyskens 2007 wool jacket, a versatile diagonal zipped jacket that could unfold into a giant petal collar with press stud buttons, for the colder months ahead, and it was so Belgian with a French twist, Rick Owens meet Rochas. I remember it was beautiful but panned by the critics for not being "feminine" enough and Theyskens went into "flou-frou" flowy-fairy mode after that which I hated. I hope Theyskens gets to design again.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty. But it's not nina ricci. I really wouldn't have minded if they took like a year off to look for a designer that fit.

that is so true. i always recognized a nina ricci show, even if it was te first time a see it. it was a miw of natural and sophisticated, that was unique. now, it's jsut "nice" but there is no identity anymore

Its not too bad, not that great as I expected but okay. The hair up is nice but whats up with these hairs hanging on the face lol. Thanks for posting the pictures and vids, everyone.

Not these dresses are horrible.. bah that satin dress,is one monster aaah!
this designer seems more a good stylliste..but some pieces are just not that beautifull .. i miss some colours ,that Olivier was doing so well for the house of Nina Ricci

I was so excited for Nina Ricci that this dissapoints me.
It's an okay collection but not what I want to see from Nina Ricci.

as much as i am a fan of Theyskens, this is also very good.
vuitton indeed, but without the "destroying" effect, no?

It's not awful but it looks way too average for a Nina Ricci collection, especially after all the wonders that Theyskens did.

OLIVIER THEYSKENS will no doubt come back with his own label where he excelled best at his poetic vision. Enough.
Copping is obviously a serious professional who helped make Vuitton a colossal success (even if you hate the idea) over an incredible amount of years. This is his début and it is entirely commendable. I would also wait to see what it actually looks like in real life.
It has the potential already of appealing to real (not virtual) customers.
It may be "classically" feminine but will not date and does not have the pretensions of wanting to be something it cannot. Such has happened OVER AND OVER AGAIN the last 10 years with a revolving door of designers at many houses striving for hype over craftsmanship.
A damn good start and I wish him the best of luck.

The execution is what truly killed this collection. The color palette and the styling as well. The ideas, while not revolutionary, are quite lovely. Some of the elements remind me of Sacai on a diet - mainly the tulle and the tiers on otherwise basic pieces. The designer behind this just doesn't have the wit to quite pull it off, though. He made it all so obvious and sickeningly sweet. I will keep watching though b/c he might be able to turn it all around and do something really wonderful..

Glad Olivier is gone though. That man is too talented to design understand so many restrictions...

This is what I imagine Nina Ricci herself would approve of more.. I feel Facchinetti for Valentino in some pieces.. I'm not a fan of it at all really though I still like the cream silk dress.

This is what I imagine Nina Ricci herself would approve of more..

That's what I came here to say too :flower:. It's actually MORE Nina Ricci--genteel, feminine and realistic--than Olivier's collections for the house, which was Theyskens for Ricci, as much as I preferred it.

Though not dazzling, I actually like this a lot too.

they should get on their hands and knees and beg olivier to return. barring that, gracefully ask for copping's resignation and bring back nilsson who did this look in a much more refined way.

uurgh!!!This looks like one of those uninspired shows from NYFW, the sorts of J.Mendel or Jason Wu, Oscar dela Renta ..etc. This is not what people come to ParisFW for

I think this is a wonderful collection.
Oliver is a good designer,but he's not a god.There's a lot of other great designers out there,and this collection is the proof that something could be magical and poetic even without Theyskens's work.
I love the final gowns,even if some oufits it's a bit cheap
And I'm so happy the shoes are not insanely high,I was getting tired of those drag queen glittering boots

I used to hold my breath for Nina Ricci shows during the Paris fashion week, but I didn't really care for it this season and looking at the collection now I know my ignorance was well grounded.
Only thing i can say is
Bring back Olivier!!:(

I must echo what many have said throughout the thread- it's not horribly, but it's just not Nina Ricci. That being said, I was personally a Lars fan over an Olivier fan in terms of what fit the Ricci aesthetic, even though Olivier is truly a genius designer...

But there are more than a fair share of designers who do ugly on purpose already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->