Nina Ricci S/S 10 Paris

I wouldn't say it's horrid yet. The champagne colored dress looks nice....it's just a completely different aesthetic for Nina Ricci after several years of Theyskens' point of view. Thusfar, I prefer Theyskens for the house. He just injected so much whimsicality (is that a word?), romance, and mystery into his collections :(

Oliver? Doesn't anyone regard him as Olivier anymore?

Anyway, the collection seems alright. We all have to remember that this isn't "Nina Ricci by Olivier Theyskens" anymore, but "Nina Ricci by Peter Coppings".

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no pic of the collection? Some pieces look rather beautiful.

*My video*Nina Ricci S/S 10 Paris (outside)

you can see Anna Wintour, 2 famous models:rolleyes:, etc...

enjoy !^_^

nina-ricci.1.00010h-2009.10.01.23.12.13.803318_base.jpg
nina-ricci.1.00020h-2009.10.01.23.11.41.3209712_base.jpg

nina-ricci.1.00030h-2009.10.01.23.11.10.945019_base.jpg
nina-ricci.1.00040h-2009.10.01.23.10.41.3336918_base.jpg

nina-ricci.1.00050h-2009.10.01.23.10.12.299162_base.jpg
nina-ricci.1.00060h-2009.10.01.23.09.43.1543818_base.jpg

style.it

It's pretty. But it's not nina ricci. I really wouldn't have minded if they took like a year off to look for a designer that fit.

well hopefully they will make a bigger profit with copping instead of worrying about bankruptcy with Olivier

Yes, because I think all of us love fashion due to the fact that it makes wealthy, chubby men in suits that much more wealthy. I mean- creativity, inspiration, artistic expression... deffinitely not what I look for in fashion, no sir.

All I can say is I am GLAD the new designer for Ricci is thinking of numbers, profit, economy, current trends and What Everyone Else Is Wearing Right Now as opposed to innovation, expression, and art like that last idiot they canned. Such a relief! :rolleyes:

I think every first designer designed for their first season for the house, everybody always critique him/her, but after second season, the comments will become much better...

Lol, tell Frida Giannini. :lol:

Bitterness/resentment at the fact that they fired Theyskens aside, this isn't horrible. It's deffinitely not particularly up my alley, but it's not bad. Missing the darker subtone to the femininity I'd already learned to associate with Nina Ricci though. I don't like it. I don't dislike it, but I don't like it. It bores me, and I've seen it all before.

I sincerely hope (and expect) that this will generate them the profit they are after. I think sometimes it's easy to forget that fashion isn't solely about creating beauty, but also about being able to market it to the masses. It irks me when things like money become an impediment. Oh well.

This comes across almost as a third Marc Jacobs line, which I'm not sure the world needs ... the loose leggings (I notice the seams are falling in the wrong place--don't know if they're just on crooked?? :unsure:), the transparency, the apparently obligatory lingerie touches ...

Some of the gowns are quite nice.

This looks way to much like Louis Vuitton....
This is pretty nice BUT it isn't an improvement from Theyskens which to me should be the purpose of changing designers. Though this does look easier to sell so maybe it will be an improvement on the corporate side.

i must say that if that was shown in ny i would be saying 'egh, next'

i love all the people here saying how much they miss olivier, maybe you guys should've actually bought some of the stuff designed by him if you loved it so much.. oh wait so far it's mostly guys saying how much they miss him, typical

i don't know anyone who has ever bought nina ricci by olivier t.

it's not bad, it just seems very dated and heavy handed. decent for his first season, really curious to see next.

This looks very Vuitton/Jacobs. It's a completely different aesthetic.
I do miss Olivier, he really took us to another place.
But the brand wanted to be more innovative and comercial and that's what they got.
Needless to say some of these pieces are still beautiful, and wearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->