Elie Saab Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

wow so soft, pretty and dreamy. It's like a fantasy. :heart:
I know it's nothing "new" or extravagant, but sometimes that's not necessary. A woman will always appreciate a beautiful classic dress.

this is so breathtaking and romantic. finally someone in HC who got it all right though; hair, makeup, and gowns were all perfection. I want every single piece in the entire collection. I'm glad that its colorful and not all white but it's not too pastel chalk-like. I love the constructed slits that show just enough up to the lace opening which makes it look a little risque. I haven't seen Valentino, but this one just might take the cake for me this season and I thought it was going to be Armani...lol

i dont think he got it all right. theres a serious lack of day wear. HC is not all about red carpet gowns

^ I disagree, I didn't think they were all red carpet gowns there were about 4 or 5 that weren't soo much like gowns, but this is HC so I can't honestly see anyone wearing this to work or getting groceries. I think overall its super romantic and as far as the hair, makeup, shoes, and then the dresses - it all looks great. This man knows how to make women just feel and look pretty.

^ I disagree, I didn't think they were all red carpet gowns there were about 4 or 5 that weren't soo much like gowns, but this is HC so I can't honestly see anyone wearing this to work or getting groceries. I think overall its super romantic and as far as the hair, makeup, shoes, and then the dresses - it all looks great. This man knows how to make women just feel and look pretty.

you obviously dont know the meaning or customer base of HC. those shorter dresses are still cocktail wear and cannot be worn during the day.

You're wrong about the work or groceries comment. The women who buy couture (i heard theres around 50 or 60 DEDICATED clients) will wear couture pieces every day. They have the money to afford pieces that are fit completely to their body for all aspects of their life, ESPECIALLY work.

couture DOES NOT mean red carpet. this is an assumption that needs to be smashed.

right, well, you can have your opinion and call it a day mmk pumpkin :smile:

Absolutely breathtaking:hear: The dresses were elegant and romantic, everything haute couture should be :flower:

Flowery and subtle. Beautiful collection.
It's hard to pick a favorite outfit, as so many of the outfits (if not all of them) are stunning. :heart:
It would certainly be great to see some of these gowns on the red carpet.

Undeniable beauty.
On the verge of being so pretty it is boring but still, lovely to look at.

Awesome collection!!
Love the palette colour(previous season was a bit too bland :lol: )and the dresses with high slits!Great embellishments too,they look like roses

Old school Saab. Not that it's a bad thing but I really enjoyed the direction he was taking in his past collections. However, I ADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE this omfg

very beautiful colours! classic Elie Saab, loved it!

even though Elie Saab is a cheap cardboard-copy of old Valentino, now I would let him replace the crappy designers at the house of Valentino.

Yes, he mustmustMUST replace the people they call "designers" at Valentino. =(

Now THIS is more like it! Elie Saab has been producing garbage for the past 2 Haute Couture seasons. This is the Elie Saab I know and adore.

God bless thigh high slits :wub:

the good: FINALLY he went back to his DNA. loved the suits, the dresses. makes every girl want to say i want i want i want.

the bad: same color palette as S-S 09...the dresses all had the same cuts.

but over all, it will its a wonderful commercial collection and his clients will BUY BUY BUY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->