Givenchy Pre-Fall 2021 Paris

This collection is actually not that bad. Of course there are looks that are pure evil (the 13th look and the distressed denim :sick:) and of course in some places it's like Tisci's Givenchy from Aliexpress but I feel like this should been his debut. It's way better, less desperate for sure. What's interesting is that his accessories game seems to be strong, but when if look closely, you'll se that the shoes are disgusting and the bags are not that appealing. That's interesting because obviously Williams was hired to create buzz around the house, but also to create an it bag. It's nowhere to be seen here.

he must be so happy to officially being allowed to pretend being the new Tisci, bathing in his archive and being "inspired" by all his designs.

with the clogs shoes he is trying to add something not too Tisci and he fails. He trys so hard there. So he better stays with the Tisci silhouettes. They look good.

It seems to make a huge effort to appear edgy and hard but it's so one-dimensional and charmless that it feels already dated.

maybe these looks were considered cool by some people in 2015, why does everything need to look so stiff and hard

It is better than his first collection, maybe because it is Pre Fall but he needs seriously to forget what he has in mind for shoes and bags, they-are-not-good-at-all !

Designers really need to edit, edit and edit ! Overload of looks that dillude the vision and the coherence of a collection, that's more harm than good.

One thing is sure: Williams enjoy doing jewelry. Maybe he should the creative director for Swarovski.
His fashion lacks style and substance but it's a better collection than his first one mainly because while still very gimmicky, it is more wearable and realistic. Experimentations when you don't have the skills and the eye is bad so, this is less experimental and more consumable.`

The cut of his jackets is very problematic. And when the cut is wrong, don't add gimmicky details. It makes it worse!

The red bomber jacket and the last cape are great tho.

Givenchy is like Chloé now. They just can't escape Riccardo.

It's like a more cohesive continuation of his first collection. I would have liked to have seen a few more new elements but I guess it's only a pre-collection.

He needs to stop this obsession with big fugly shoes. I wonder if maybe it's Lotta? Nonetheless, those spiky monster shoes should have never seen the light of day.

I only like the last cape but then again the design is pretty generic and CWK did way better capes throughout her tenure before like the one from Fall 2019 couture.

The desperation to sell bags here is very apparent but if those atrocities are what considered “it” by LVMH execs then we’re in for an insufferable era of Givenchy.

The new person does a better Tisci than Tisci himself down at Burberrry, lol

The desperation to sell bags here is very apparent but if those atrocities are what considered “it” by LVMH execs then we’re in for an insufferable era of Givenchy.
It's not necessary "IT" for the LVMH execs. It's not their job to consider it "IT".
Now, they needs to put everything on line to push for those bags because they depends too much on the Antigona. Sometimes pushing bags does not work (look at Celine, their most successful bags are still the ones designed by Phoebe).

The identity of Givenchy bags since Riccardo has been about structure and these bags here are good for that. The price point is going to be interesting because it can't be more expensive than a Celine for example.

... he needs seriously to forget what he has in mind for shoes and bags, they-are-not-good-at-all !

Ugly for the sake of being ugly. Can't get over how hideous accessories are which is the bread and butter.
Bet Demna and Alessandro are having sleepless nights. There's a new kid in town who the fashion victims will flock to. Bags are about to get stopped.

I felt this was the case when he was initially appointed but it's very similar to the situation of Alexander Wang at Balenciaga. It's entirely product driven, logo driven, hype driven with a group of the "it girls" of the moment posting on IG. It's dated & tired. No direction or soul to it and it does look very stiff. Especially after this year, all I have been gravitating to is luxe, wearable, EASY clothing.

He has copied the spring 1995 John Galliano lapels...here they are executed in a slightly different way; but nevertheless the effect is the same.

The rest? Random clothes with Givenchy logos...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->