Givenchy Resort 2009

AGiles

Reaction score
givenchy-6.jpg
givenchy-7bis.jpg

Meanwhile, for his Givenchy collection, Riccardo Tisci is still continuing his love affair with Latin America. The black palette from fall was splashed with fuchsia and vibrant orange, here in the form of chiffon tops and crinkled silk dress and shirts, some with motifs inspired by bandanas, shown with his version of the cowboy boot

from WWD.com

From the description it sounds like we'll finally get a bit of color besides his usual black, white, beige, navy, red and taupe.

I kind of like that first dress, the print is pretty cool looking, but I wish it was either right above the knee or made more fitted in the waist. As it is I just don't like the silhouette.

:buzz: i'll always love Givenchy :heart:

the shoes are gorgeous, and the fitting of those pants are just :wub:
i love the blouse scarf in the 2nd picture, the length of it is great

i really like the first look (shoes et al) but NOT the second (starting by the shoes :S)

i really like the first look (shoes et al) but NOT the second (starting by the shoes :S)

I'm quite the opposite. The looks are both so different that I am not sure of the medium since Tisci is supposed to be playing with more color.

I like the second look and i love the shoes in the second look :crush:

what i think is funny is we have been loving him from the start and now editors are finally saying hes ok but look at the simularity from his first RTW collection to this look
00170m.jpg
givenchy-7bis.jpg

but now they get it lol

Style.com and WWD

of course AGiles. TFS is always ahead of editors. Now the masses have caught on, they support him :rolleyes: Great comparison shot though! good eye!

i dont know what editors have said they didn't like it...:ermm:...

everyone i know thinks givenchy is super cool...
just really unaffordable...

i mean...
just look how popular the bags are...
if editors didn't like tisci's work they wouldn't be carrying the bags...

:P

what i think is the actual complaint that editors have is what you just showed...
it's always the same...:lol:...

AGlies.. wouldn't that be nice!

I'm dying to see the full collection.. RT is one of my favorites. RT, Haider Ackermann and Christophe Decarnin are my three major loves right now. And then Rick Owens and Martin Margiela. But Tom Ford and Helmut Lang will always have my heart.

i actually prefer the look from his first show..

i actually loved that collection.. but i do remember him getting slammed by editors

212dressingroom .. can't see the pictures

i dont know what editors have said they didn't like it...:ermm:...

everyone i know thinks givenchy is super cool...
just really unaffordable...

i mean...
just look how popular the bags are...
if editors didn't like tisci's work they wouldn't be carrying the bags...

:P

what i think is the actual complaint that editors have is what you just showed...
it's always the same...:lol:...

Weren't his first few collections for Givenchy completely trashed and disregarded. I remember reading reviews that were anything but good. Editors seem to love Givenchy now, but when he first took over they weren't too fond of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->