Givenchy S/S 2013 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

push

Reaction score

GIVENCHY’S GANG: Riccardo Tisci has opted to feature friends in Givenchy’s spring-summer 2013 advertising campaign. These include Kate Moss, Marina Abramovic, Mariacarla Boscono, Jose Maria Manzanares, Jared Buckhiester and Francisco Peralta. (All but Boscono are appearing for the first time for Givenchy.)
wwd

Beside it's b&w, I quite like this. Simple and bring out the clothes. Awesome.

I'm so glad that mcb is back and looking forward to see kate's shots as well.

Love it. Very Givenchy and can't wait to see Kate and Mariacarla.

I had to google those guys. So José Maria Manzanares is a torero? Is he the guy on the left? And Jared Jared Buckhiester, an artist, on the right?
I'm looking forward to seeing Kate's and Marina Abramovic's shots. I'm not impressed by this yet, I find it really boring and think Mert & Marcus can do way better than this. They're usually really good with B/W shots. I hope the rest of the campaign will be better.

Not a big fan of these shots, they look like outtakes from a simple features editorial. I am looking forward to Kate's and Mariacarla's shots though.

I had to google those guys. So José Maria Manzanares is a torero? Is he the guy on the left?

Manzanares is te guy on the left in the tux! He's one of the best spanish bullfighters! :wink:

Great preview of the campaign looks really clean, simple, very interesting and eye catching! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say I'm a fan at all. This is simplicity done wrong and none of these guys are attractive to me. Hopefully, Kate's and Mariacarla's pictures will be more visually stimulating.

Awesome cast, cant wait to see all the pics.

If it´s going to be a portrait based campaign, this is a strong start. Love the shot on the left; it helps that the guy looks fit. The photos on the right are blah, but dignified, which is good.

My god, why would you shoot this in black and white? I was so eager to see the wonderful color palette of pastel pink, black, white, and red. Sigh.

I quite like this, it's a bit bland but still. Can't wait to see the womenswear though, for the cast and for the amazing collection. I just hope it will be in color 'cause it'd be a shame to pass on that gorgeous shade of blue.

My god, why would you shoot this in black and white? I was so eager to see the wonderful color palette of pastel pink, black, white, and red. Sigh.
So true! It doesnt do the clothes much justice, and that is exactly what it should be the priority of every ad campaign.

↑ I think the same.

Manzanares is great as a model!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olddonut616
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->