Gucci F/W 12.13 Milan

Am I the only one who sees whole lot of Tom Ford in this?

It's seriously lamentable what Gucci has become since Tom Ford left. Where is the vavavoom??

Am I the only one that hates that this is so Tom Ford? Although it's nice and all, I miss when Frida would do all these fun and creative collections. Hello, FW06 and SS08? I'm probably the only one that feels this way. lol.

This collection is absolutely beautiful. It's just... lovely. The mood it sets is so evocative, dark and romantic. The dark velvet, the cloaks and those boots are reminiscent of the Highway Man but in a very powerful and feminine way. The use of dark Pre-Raphaelite green velvet was gorgeous especially in those gowns. All of the dresses were lovely and so was the styling. There are so many similarities to Lanvin, Tom Ford and Givenchy present, however...

Just love everything about it. My favourite Gucci collection in a few seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one that hates that this is so Tom Ford? Although it's nice and all, I miss when Frida would do all these fun and creative collections. Hello, FW06 and SS08? I'm probably the only one that feels this way. lol.

no i see lots of Tom Ford influences here. I think - as someone who's definitely not a fan of Frida - this is a solid collection, and I appreciate the dark palette plus some of the single outfits/looks but overall it's so not appealing. and certain looks are downright ugly and/or unflattering

“THIS is modern day romanticism,” Gucci creative director Frida Giannini told us, by way of explanation for her autumn/winter 2012-13 collection. Romantic, yes – and dark without being sinister, despite the fact that there was barely enough light in there to even see the girls. We’d walked into a plush, dark plum carpeted catwalk which reminded us all of Christopher Kane’s show and all the fun of the London fashion fair last week – but this didn’t look like it was going to be light-hearted.

It was good-looking though – combining Gucci’s signature moneyed attitude with hard military lines and a touch of dandy grace: flat heeled riding boots, wide cut, cropped jackets with gold buttons and softly belted velvet smoking jackets, with plenty more velvet making up appliqué flowers on translucent chiffon and lace blouses, long skirts split at the back, riding trousers that flounced wide over each thigh, and very slightly glittering leopard print full length column dresses.

The palette barely ventured from black – and when it did, barely so. Dresses and skirts smothered in feathers had an inky glow; purple, burgundy, navy, forest green, dark olive and brown subtly eased out of the black, while the models’ hair - pulled back in two twisted strands either side of their forehead - gave the collection an innocent, nymph-like atmosphere despite the luxury androgyny on show.

Wide genie pants worn with tunic dresses and Seventies style low-waisted billowing chiffon dresses, worn with simple heeled sandals, provided a taster of daywear, before silk dresses featuring barely there floral prints of fading tulips or pale yellow flowers were fanned stiffly at the hem which spiralled the body.

Finally, a beautiful array of jewelled chiffon evening gowns appeared one after another - their embellishments in dark green or purple encrusting the entire bodice or simply gathering at the shoulder and hip and leaving the back bare. It might be too big a statement to wear on the Oscars red carpet, but we’d love to see somebody try.
vogue.co.uk

i would say i love 1/2 of it and i hate 1/2 of it. this is really weird. i usually either love or hate a collection but im really torn on this one... i think i need to see the whole collection before i form a solid opinion.

Maybe it references to Tom Ford too much but at least this collection is much better than last one. I see a lot of red carpet looks there. It´s very dramatic and dark. Can imagine lot of celebrities in those gowns and think whole collection will sell like a hot cakes...

The gown on Natasha and the girl after her are GORGEOUS!

I am seeing the references, I don't care for the Tom Ford references they look dated but I like the looks that I pegged as Dior and Givenchy references. I give it a thumbs up but I have been more impressed with other recent Gucci collections than this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->