Gucci F/W 12.13 Milan

Going to get torched here (esp. by men- they looove Tom Ford) but, it's beyond me how you can deliver a Tom Ford collection and not be vulgar? it's not possible, this isn't Tom Ford at all :lol:, except perhaps in the fact that someone paid attention to the importance of good editing and beautiful hair and makeup, which this collection has. I don't really ever care for Gucci but I love the look of this, it's the kind of luxury and.. pride I associate the brand with. The palette and textures are so rich and beautifully arranged (kudos to the stylist).

very dark and very sophisticated..
Oh yes it's my cup of tea!
and I dont smell tom ford here..:ninja:

I don't see Tom Ford at all. I actually get more of a goth Givenchy mood especially with the styling, hair and makeup but this stands on its own as Gucci. It's neither a weak or strong collection. She hasn't had a strong collection that really makes a statement in quite some time. She's seems to just be coasting through at the moment.

I see the Tom Ford, it's vague but I definitely see it. It's a bit like what you'd get if you mixed some of his old YSL work when he was doing the romantic/boho thing with some of his current stuff.

Overall, this is actually pretty good. It's not perfect (I hate those shiny leopard devoré velvet dresses and the printed pieces quite a bit) but it's better than I've come to expect from her. The oddest thing is that, considering this was clearly inspired by the decadent movement, it's actually not as over the top as she's prone to being. Maybe it's just that the last few seasons have been so far over the top that by comparison this one seems so tame?

Love it. But am I the only one seeing Dior written all over this?

Seriously Givenchy? So everything dark and moody is Givenchy now :rolleyes:

Anyways, it's not as glamorous as Gucci normally is, there's some serious sparkle missing. As a whole, it looks very washed out, but as individual pieces most of the garments are fantastic. I love the velvet pieces.

The gowns at the end are hideous, they're just a repeat of the FW11 gowns, she should of had more dresses like the red one on Anja (though with less ruffles)

I feel as though I've seen everything in this collection before, whether it's from Frida herself or other labels.

This was like VERY bad Tom Ford, I hated everything but the final gowns. The mid-evil hair and make up didn't help.

Gucci bashing has been an easy sport in recent seasons but I have to admit, despite myself, that this is a very strong collection.

It doesn't stay in this territory, evening becomes more 70's luxury druid, but my initial thought after the first few looks with the equestrian feeling boots and jodphur shaped pants was - Lanvin meets AF Vandevorst! Which is quite a surprise. But a pleasant one.

the final 2 dozen looks i can live with. the beginning was old school Frida, but refined. but you know, you can dress up a piece of poo as much as you want, it's still poo.

The last dresses are magical. OMG- they´re divine.
The rest of it- a bit of Tom Ford but come´n. He made Gucci popular again and she just continue this. There´s already enough of her touch in this collection. We can´t say every time it´s Tom Ford. He´ll be always present in Gucci vision.

The details in this collection are extraordinary! All that brocade, velvet, fur, feathers, etc - it's all very luxurious. I suspect that a great portion of this will not into the smaller boutiques though (I see a lot of special artisan pieces here).

Either way, this feels very unique in some way, especially compared to what we have seen already. This collection is a bold move for Giannini, as this look / aesthetic is not for everyone and it isn't particularly 'Gucci' on immediate inspection. Nevertheless, I'd like to see these pieces on someone, in a way that is not the entire look. It could be quite interesting to see how the Gucci customer wears this collection.

Overall, a good solid collection from Giannini. Its not for everyone, but I admire the bold aesthetic choices here. Also, great shoes! I love those croc riding boots! :heart:

it looks so expensive and luxe! i particularly love the iris print.

Are we back in 2001 again and is this Tom Ford for YSL?

Needless to say I love it..if only it had the Tom sexfactor..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->