Gucci F/W 12.13 Milan

Will there EVER be a collection where Tom Ford will not be brought up to the subject!?

I'm sure the people who can't get over him are the same people who can't get over past lovers and compare every single person to them huh? just let go... it's been years since he's out of Gucci come on...

No. Because Giannini is living off what Ford created. She's thriving on his legacy. I truly believe that if she had been hired for the job instead of Ford in the early 1990s, the brand would be nowhere near as successful as it is now. THAT'S why Tom will always be "brought to the subject", he'll always be part of the equation at Gucci.

i love the collection. i love its dark mood. the only looks i am not loving are the skirts/sheer shirt combinations as i feel some of them look quite dated. they aren't 'sophisticated edgy sexy' which i expect from gucci, they just seem daggy. apart from that i love it!

This is the first time I've honestly really liked a Gucci collection after seeing it only one time. It was a more cinematic collection from Frida as It had more depth as a whole rather than being superficial as usual. She sent characters down the runway and not just models in expensive pretentious clothing.

That's honestly a really rude thing to say about the people who are merely pointing out what they believe to be a similarity between this collection and the work of another designer.

What that has to do with not being able to let go, particularly when the similarities are there and people were simply stating as much, I have absolutely no idea.

:innocent:

Not to mention Tom Ford was the one who completely turned Gucci around. So I'd rather take inspiration from the Tom Ford sexpot than the boring Gucci pre-1994 where it was old and stale.

Anywho, this is a beautiful collection, Frida Giannini definitely made a great, romantic collection this time around. It's sexy but not sl*tty, it's soft without being too soft.

This is the first time I've honestly really liked a Gucci collection after seeing it only one time. It was a more cinematic collection from Frida as It had more depth as a whole rather than being superficial as usual. She sent characters down the runway and not just models in expensive pretentious clothing.
You've got a point there. It could be that she successfully created a whole mood and really pulled you into her world, as opposed to just dressing clothes up in whatever the theme may be.

Whatever it is it's definitely better than her usual fare.

^ Yeah but for some reason I feel like this is just a fluke.

I absolutely love the moodiness and mysteriousness they created with this collection. It's so refreshing to see a collection that is designed with a WOMAN in mind after seeing all these collections this season that are borrowing from the details and silhouettes of young girls clothing. The textures add to the sensuality of the collection, and the detailing is equally brilliant; I love the foiled sheen of the flowers on the gowns. Everything about this is so luxurious :heart:

The more I look at this collection, the more I love it.

Dets

vogue.it and stylebistro

Dying over the details on those gowns! Thanks so much for posting.

Very much in line with last year's collection.. I really liked the brocade and the use of velvet is great. Especially that first velvet maxi skirt.. to die for! so beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
So gucci...so no big surprise...always a good point for fabric and materials. I appreciate the "retro" and even british vibes

That's honestly a really rude thing to say about the people who are merely pointing out what they believe to be a similarity between this collection and the work of another designer.

What that has to do with not being able to let go, particularly when the similarities are there and people were simply stating as much, I have absolutely no idea.

:innocent:

Not more rude than the comments of "similarity people had been pointing to Frida ever since she's idesigner of the brand, right?

Of course there will always be similarities with Tom Ford, is it really necessary mention him most of the time every single collection? "This is so Tom Ford" "2001...2001...2001" "He would have done this and that"

Very feminine collection! Unexpected, but stunning. HQ photos just opened up a whole collection beauty.

Not more rude than the comments of "similarity people had been pointing to Frida ever since she's idesigner of the brand, right?

Of course there will always be similarities with Tom Ford, is it really necessary mention him most of the time every single collection? "This is so Tom Ford" "2001...2001...2001" "He would have done this and that"
I'm sorry, I fail to see how people commenting on a collection in a way that you find annoying is at all similar to or as rude as your making an obnoxious and nasty comment about those people.

Not for anything, but just because you don't like that there is a persistent mention of Tom Ford in a Gucci thread doesn't mean you get to snark about the people sharing their thoughts and not, in any way whatsoever, attacking you or your views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->