Gucci F/W 2003.04 Milan

2573qrs.jpg
25k64uw.jpg

w2oqxh.jpg
2d7v5dw.jpg

style.com

The clothes, the accessories, the mood.. everything was perfect. One of my all-time favourite collections.

I couldnt agree more, everything is so exquisite and the detailing is amazing its quality over quantity, man i could go on for daysssss.........:crush:

I really miss Tom....his work is incredibly amazing...

And guys..pay attention to the architectural collar of Ai Tominaga's outfit ...apprently Raf Simons inspired by this to design some pieces in S/S 08 Jil Sander..such as Vlada's coat...

I absolutely loved this show, and I still do.

It's bold and sexy, yet it's classy and sophisticated.

The video is up on youtube, if anyone's interested. :flower:

oh god.... this is like salt in the wounds :cry:

It is indeed! :cry:

It was the first Tom's collection I saw and it literally knocked me down. I can't even describe its perfection, the true essence of Gucci for me, especially this look:

13zan7n.jpg

style

It's flawless, plus the runway.. It's just so painful it's not going to come back :cry:

anyone knows where i can check out the old Gucci Mens collections? from the early 00's.

Tom wud only give more and more of himself on every show .. and the beauty that made cry is inprinted in my mind .. I remember how he evex explained how the makeup on the girls was as if they cried ...

This one was one of my faves

100096004.jpg

from style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone knows where i can check out the old Gucci Mens collections? from the early 00's.
Firstview.com.

You have to pay for access, but if you're really, really dying to see them you can get like 2 hour access for $10 bucks or something like that.

I literally get teary eyes every time I see this collection. Seriously. I feel like something just died and will never come back, and it won't. The current collections are not even a fraction of what Gucci used to be.

i think tom ford was mostyl visible in the art direction of the overall mood and image of the shows, down to the presentation and maybe giving some ideas what sort of look he was looking for. alessandra facchinetti was already head of womenswear design at gucci back then under ford and it shows in the two runway collections that she designed for the house, that a lot of the clothing still had the same 'worked' look and hand for material and finishing. i get what everyone is lamenting about, today's gucci is merely about fulfilling shareholder's needs and offering safe and mas-compatible product.

other than that, i'm still a little tired of tom ford's over-sexed aesthetics. when i look at these clothes, it's a very obvious, two-dimensional sexiness that he conjured and in that, it's lightyears away from what raf simons is doing at jil sander these days (just to get back to the comparison that had been raised before). it all looks a little too stretched and cinched to me, especially with the satins and all the seaming and studs. i remember alessandra facchinetti admitting in an interview that she was wanting to depart from this look towards a more poetic elegance and i'm glad she could achieve that, if not at gucci than surely now at valentino.

I don't even think it's fair to compare Gucci to Jil Sander since they're so very different. Considering that they stand for different things, cater to different tastes and clothe different personalities, how can you compare one brand of sexuality to another?

It always boggles my mind when I see comments that deride the more obvious type of sexiness, and I don't mean this as a put down to you tricotineacetate because I see where you're coming from, it's just not your taste :flower:. But there was a comment in the Dolce and Gabbana thread that basically summed up their take on sexy as worthless because it's in your face and that person didn't like that so therefore Dolce and Gabbana should stop designing if that's all they can do. Not every man, woman or any combination of the two sees sexy in the same way or approaches sexuality in the same way, so with that in mind is there a "better" way to do sexy fashion, or is it just a different way?

That said, my first thought when seeing this coat from last season was the coat from this collection with the huge collar.
00270m.jpg

style.com

No comments... just brilliant! Gucci will never be the same anymore :( His clothes were so ground-breaking and traditional at the same time. He knew how to keep Gucci on top.

I don't even think it's fair to compare Gucci to Jil Sander since they're so very different. Considering that they stand for different things, cater to different tastes and clothe different personalities, how can you compare one brand of sexuality to another?

It always boggles my mind when I see comments that deride the more obvious type of sexiness, and I don't mean this as a put down to you tricotineacetate because I see where you're coming from, it's just not your taste :flower:. But there was a comment in the Dolce and Gabbana thread that basically summed up their take on sexy as worthless because it's in your face and that person didn't like that so therefore Dolce and Gabbana should stop designing if that's all they can do. Not every man, woman or any combination of the two sees sexy in the same way or approaches sexuality in the same way, so with that in mind is there a "better" way to do sexy fashion, or is it just a different way?

That said, my first thought when seeing this coat from last season was the coat from this collection with the huge collar.

style.com

i get where you're coming from spike and it's not that there weren't certain collections and pieces by tom ford that i didn't enjoy - actually the winter collection 2002 was one of my personal favourites of his, i loved all those twisted, bias cut dresses, mixed with the luxe-gothic attitude and japanese kimono dressing thrown in the mix. i thought it had a bit more of an ease and cool about it, compaired to the winter collection after... and yes, it probably just goes back to myself not being particularly fond of stretch satin and all that visible corsetry/cinch-waisted hourglass look... :flower:

...talking of corsetry and gucci - how about that gorgeous nude-coloured corset dress with tulle overlay that kate moss, with bleached-blond, boyish hair back then, was opening his ss'01 show? that to me was a real stunner... i also loved her a lot in those ad-campaigns!

i love the fact that the old collections are being ressurected...shows jus how bad this season is! I seriously miss this Milan!!

i get where you're coming from spike and it's not that there weren't certain collections and pieces by tom ford that i didn't enjoy - actually the winter collection 2002 was one of my personal favourites of his, i loved all those twisted, bias cut dresses, mixed with the luxe-gothic attitude and japanese kimono dressing thrown in the mix. i thought it had a bit more of an ease and cool about it, compaired to the winter collection after... and yes, it probably just goes back to myself not being particularly fond of stretch satin and all that visible corsetry/cinch-waisted hourglass look... :flower:

...talking of corsetry and gucci - how about that gorgeous nude-coloured corset dress with tulle overlay that kate moss, with bleached-blond, boyish hair back then, was opening his ss'01 show? that to me was a real stunner... i also loved her a lot in those ad-campaigns!
For me, that was probably his most daring collection. Just the shapes he proposed, all of the deflated bubble skirts, military jackets and conical corsets were so fantastic. It's a shame that show wasn't well recieved....

I loved it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"