Gucci S/S 2022 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

MESSY.

M&M have never done faux party shots as well as Testino. It's all over-filtered, over-contrasted, over-retouched and contrived. My eyes don't know where to look. After their welcome return to Gucci last season, this is a let down.

I feel like this could've been great if they fully went the Paparazzi/Getty Images route because some of these images remind me of that.

pretty much seen that in Vogue Italia and W by M&M years ago.

I feel that - slowly creeping into ad campaigns - there'll generally be a mood of people wanting to have some Studio 54 fun. Getting all dressed up to get wasted.

Certainly, I can see the concept of 'getting all dressed up' returning to fashion in a big way, sooner or later, as an antidote to everyone thinking sweatshirts are high fashion.

Reactions: KoV
I like the glossy feel at least they are not on some farm with goats

Such a large cast. I always wonder how much of these photos actually get used in the media buys.

more, M O R E, I wanna more pieces and people! Gucci brand without identity just sells.

Snoop Dogg as the face of Gucci is kind of fabulous…
I really like the « tables » scenes even if I don’t know why Miley and Jared looked so desperate.

The party scenes gives me very « Hedi Slimane diary », dirty vibe. The kind of environment nobody wants to be a part of.

Frida had horrible runways but her campaigns and casting were good.

Alessandro is the opposite.

I enjoy it, it's certainly a nice contrast to some of the more bland fashion photography we're seeing a lot of these days. However, it's definitely not the best version of this concept we've ever seen - M&M have done better attempts at it themselves, let alone Testino or Meisel. I do miss M&M at their peak - they really did take some glorious pictures. They still do every now and then, but I remember a time when everything they did dazzled me. Still, I like this. Anything that is colourful and energetic is good for me at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacur368
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->