Gwen Stefani HARAJUKU LOVERS line

DenimBlog

Reaction score
It was supposed to come out yesterday but then I read a few places online said not for 2 more weeks. Has anyone seen it in stores yet? Is it cute or :yuk: ? It is supposed to be cheaper than her L.A.M.B. line. I am curious to see what it's all about (and where it's being sold!)

Harajuku Lovers? That is gonna scare of some tFS'ers I know, for sure :lol:

But to get on topic...I haven't seen or heard anything. Not even that was gonna be sold. What stores will carry it?

^agreed. This stupid Harajuuku thing is getting really lame.

i'm obviously missing something...then again that doesn't surprise me :D

Plastic'sWife said:
Are you serious... ok this Harajuko thing has gone too far...
Yep. Mentioning Harajuko girls in three songs on one album was annoying enough.

Can anybody enlight us?!

Harajuku is in Japan. Harajuku girls and Gwen Stefani in song Lyrics. Now what's the resemblance anyways?!

HArajuku. lol it sounds funny.

I heard it was going to be carried in *gasp* sanrio stores, as well as higher end stores, but I haven't seen it yet. That's why I was curious what it looks like.

Doesn't it seem like Gwen seems to have her fazes where she's obsessed with certain styles? For awhile it was Indian and she wore the little sparkle on her forehead and dressed in saris. For awhile it was punk, for awhile it was rasta-farian. Now its Japanese....whatever!

Moda_junkie said:
Can anybody enlight us?!

Harajuku is in Japan. Harajuku girls and Gwen Stefani in song Lyrics. Now what's the resemblance anyways?!

HArajuku. lol it sounds funny.

yeah she says it like HAIR-a-juku....sounds ridiculous ...it should be the ha in like hahaha

the whole harajuku lovers thing is pretty off the wall as well...give us a break already (arent people sick of her yet??)

EbayFashionista said:
I heard it was going to be carried in *gasp* sanrio stores, as well as higher end stores, but I haven't seen it yet. That's why I was curious what it looks like.

Doesn't it seem like Gwen seems to have her fazes where she's obsessed with certain styles? For awhile it was Indian and she wore the little sparkle on her forehead and dressed in saris. For awhile it was punk, for awhile it was rasta-farian. Now its Japanese....whatever!
You're right she does go through these little "phases"...and it's really obnoxious.

I thought that Gwen Stefani was ' Tom Ford at Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche's ' b*tch .:shock:

mishahoi said:
yeah she says it like HAIR-a-juku....sounds ridiculous ...it should be the ha in like hahaha

the whole harajuku lovers thing is pretty off the wall as well...give us a break already (arent people sick of her yet??)

I think that what you say, Mishahoi, is really apt, namely "aren't people sick of her yet." It seems like she's TRYING to make herself still relevant by allying herself with one of the more vibrant and interesting youth cultures in the world. Whenever I go to Harajuku, I'm always so impressed... the dress, atmosphere, etc. is so dynamic. And, since Tokyo street style is becoming so popular abroad, it would only be natural that she would try to latch onto that in order to make herself cool by association.

Not to offend any Gwen fans... just my opinion!

John

I have to say, she is smart for constantly "reinventing" herself like Madonna has done. She's making a killing from her L.A.M.B. line I'm sure and her new album is definetly more aimed at a younger crowd - with lyrics being about doing it in cars and football games and drive-ins....she's aiming at teens. And she cross markets by mentioning L.A.M.B. and Harajuku Lovers 10 times on her new album...lol...Cheesy...maybe...but smart too?....I think yes. She'll retire with a bankroll. :blink:

Oh well, I still kind of like some of the L.A.M.B. line... :blush: :innocent:

I actually think that's it pretty cool how she's trying to promote this whole style and it's really unique. But naming those 4 Japanese Girls after L.A.M.B is kinda weird...and how she kind of talks about them like they're her "dolls" is um kinda creepy.

^yea i think it's really creepy how she treats those girls like fashion accessories

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oreo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->