Matthew Williamson for H&M Spring 2009

@verene: Where are you located that you have the collection already in the stores?

Okay, that's why you got it first! :flower:

I manage to order this dress via our online-shop because the collection will be in the local stores (Germany) at 19th May. I hope the dress turn out beautiful.
DXL742_70349_21007_01_0001.jpg

Pic via hm.com

I see that you, Verene, got it too. How is the sizing? True to size? And how is the quality of the dress?

^ I wish I could answer you about the sizing... I grabbed the last dress, I have yet to try it on and I'm not familiar with H&M sizing. I will let you know how it is once I get home. (and upload some pictures!)

I'm not good at the fashion terminology so I can only describe it in my limited vocabulary.
The dress is lined and 100% cotton. It's soft and quite lightweight. Compared to the picture online, the dress is actually more green and bluish. (Think changing the hue in ACDSee) I would say the dress is better made than what H&M normally offers - it doesn't look as lint-prone as others.
I'm running out words now. :lol: In short this dress is my favorite out of the collection. It's tad bit over-priced but worth it (for the most part). ^_^

P.S. I just checked out H&M.com. Turns out the t-shirt IS a tunic. I couldn't tell without the mannequin modeling it. :lol:

omg, I feel like crying.. I went to the H&M in my city, which is a flagship store.. I stood in line waiting for the store to open. All I really wanted was the studded leather jacket. I get to the men's department and I can't find it. I ask the salesperson, she says only Amsterdam and Rotterdam had it.. So, I rush back home to check the online store, it's sold out in my size.. AAAH!

And.. I bought the blazer, but it was a bit big for me (size 46) but it was the smallest they had, now I'm checking the online store and they have size 44.. So, now I have to go and return my blazer and order it online, how messed up is that?

I got up extra early this morning to go the Liverpool H&M to shop the Matthew Williamson collection and they litterally had a table of things.
Such a poor small selection.

All that i got was a top (which i havent even seen pictures of it advertised) It is a white peacock print smock style top and i got a bikini.

There wasnt even that many people there to buy things from the collection, i just dont know why they had such a rubbish selection.

I asked the sales woman is this all that they have, and she said 'yes thats all that we have left.' considering the shop had only been open for 5 minutes i doubt they had sold that much.

So dissapointed!!

Does anyone know why some stores only have a small selection?
Also, will they will be getting more things from the range in?

We have two H&M's in Liverpool, and i went to the main H&M, which isnt a small shop. I could understand if it was a small H&M.

I don't like it at all. I work at H&M and was considering going in today so I could get first dibs on the clothes but after seeing them I've seriously changed my mind.

Yaaay! I got the studded leather jacket! Only 4 were on sale in all of Denmark. It fits really well! The color of the jacket is a little more blueish than on the ad picturs, though

But I see that someone has just set one on eBay for 500 USD... which is twice as much as the retail price. I wonder if I should sell it, because making (at least) 250 USD isn't bad at all :wink:

(assuming that people are willing to pay that much for it...)

@verene: Thanks a lot for your explanation! Now I'm waiting for my order and hoping that the minidress will fit me. I ordered it in two sizes, just for the case.

fter the first collection came out i posted a receipt from an HK reseller that spent over $6,000 USD on stuff to resale...

here is his latest receipt. too bad we cant see the total.:rolleyes:

pic credit: ebay

Attachments

• matthewreceipt2.jpg
    matthewreceipt2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 13
did anyone try this top on? i think it costs 69.90 here.

is it totally see thru?
(pic credit ebay)

Attachments

• matthewwilliamson.jpg
    matthewwilliamson.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2
is that top really from his collection? I haven't seen it in the official online-shop.

Oh okay, I see. I haven't seen it yet. Maybe it will be only available in the stores.

I got the studded jacket and it is damn sexy in person! It's absolute sex!

I stopped by H&M this morning as it was on the way to the gym... got there about 15 min. after it opened and it was pretty crazy. A lot of the stuff was gone off the racks but I noticed people walking around with multiples of the same item in different sizes to try on so I'm sure some stuff went back to the racks eventually.

Anyway, I only went in for one thing (the dress that Helena wore) and got it! It was the last one left on the rack and I grabbed it. It's cute, I haven't tried it on yet but I heard someone say that it runs smaller while the rest of the collection runs bigger.

But all in all, I can't say I was impressed by anything else in the collection but people were buying like crazy... both of the people in line ahead of me had spent more than $500 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to H&M because it's next to my optometrist...30 women were waiting outside, and they behaved like animals. I don't get why, it was total rubbish.

i went to my H&M. the mens scarves were not very good (i never know how to wear those cotton twisted scarves....) and the womens scarves were too gigantic for me to know what to do with...

the womens bikinis have a very tricky clasp. its a pain to get it off and on. not worth the aggravation.

the only item i was really impressed with was the puce short kimono top for 70$. i might go back and get that one but im not really sure. i have no idea what id wear underneath it. maybe a bikini. i also have no idea where to buy an obi like belt to wear with it. it runs big.

i trid on the cream printed dress that daria wears in the advertisement for 80$. it fits like a sack. so not worth it. it is lined however.

I bought the blue studded skinny jeans and one of the mens' scarves (the cream flowered one) really like them! Though they didn't have the studded leather jacket which was a bit disappointing! The stock wasn;t selling here at all though. Nobody in mens and in womens while there was a rush this morning everything was restocked when we called in this afternoon

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->