Harper's Bazaar Australia January/February 2009 : Angelina Jolie

sweetpop

Reaction score

Yes, it is the same picture used for UK HB Dec 2008. But flicking through it, there is not spread that they had in the UK one. Just the cover picture without the words and a less of a close-up but its still only a head shot.
I had a bit of a hunch in that I didn't think the cover would be an original for Aus HB when my sister told me it was Angelina on the cover, :(but oh well. There is a pretty nice (well I think) supplement that I would like to share with you though :smile:

Harper's Bazaar Australia Jan/Feb 09 supplement
Photographer: Chris Colls
scanned by me

These are the first 6 pictures! I'm sorry that the label ruins the picture though :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Boo.

I was wondering today who would get the cover for Jan.
I do like Angelina, but i'm sick of her constantly appearing on covers.
She's just not that interesting. Aside from Girl Interrupted I can't even think of any of her movies I even like. I just don't understand why she continuously get's SOOO much press.

Hopefully there's some good eds and content!

The interview is the same as the UK one?

yees, the interview does seem to be the same. It does say that Angelina was exclusively interviewed for HB's but it doesn't say that it was for any particular HB, so no one can really say that its a copy of any other HB, as its an interview that has the right to be shared 'freely' I guess. :huh:Difference is that the interview is titled 'Holy Jolie' :P I look forward to receiving Harpers, because although it is still a bit all over the place, theres a creativity that is slowly blooming.

Anyway, just to tell you a bit about the editorials:
Editorial 1:
I'm assuming the edit 'Noir' featuring Mariacarla Boscono, photography by Peter Lindberg is a re-print, but if HQs have not been posted anywhere here on tfs I'd be happy to do so, athough I doubt it, with all these so many dedicated fashionistas prowling Tfs. But Mariacarla looks awesome! :woot:

Editorial 2:
"Pretty perfect" featuring Charlotte Blakeney,
Photographer:Pierre Toussaint.

and

Editorial 3:
"All tomorrow's parties"
Model: Nane
Photographer: Alice Pagliano
lots of rose petals, melted candles and a relaxing lovely blue feel in all the pages... ok thats a crap description, but I was aiming for 'romantic feel'!

There's also an 'exclusive' with Giorgio Armani, where editor Jamie Huckbody discusses 'The Armani Portfolio'.

There looks to be many great reads in this issue; I think this issue looks promising! :smile:

Bad reprint :ninja:

I think Angelina looks good, I'm not a big fan of hers though.
Thanks for posting.

Am I the only Firefox user having trouble accessing images from imageshack today? I usually have to refresh the page anyway but today no matter what I do -- refresh, disable adblock on the page/site, open link in IE tab -- nothing works :unsure:.

Well, perhaps this might be of interest to some of you :smile:

Harper's Bazaar Australia January/February 2009
"The Armani Portfolio"
Photographers include: Nicole Bentley, Georges Antoni, Chris Colls, Chris Ferguson, Pierre Toussaint, Simon Lekias and Stephen Ward
scanned by me

Harper's Bazaar editor Jamie Huckbody discusses Australia and the pursuit of perfection with this issue's special guest-Giorgio Armani- while seven of Bazaar's creatives tackle their own perceptions of the man, the style and the brand.

you're welcome Miss Dalloway! :smile:

One of the editorials:

Australia Harper's Bazaar January/February 2009
"Pretty Perfect"
Model: Pernilla (chic Management)
Photographer: Pierre Toussant
Styed by: Marina Afonia
scanned by me

Relax: Tailoring's softer side has never looked sexier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->