US Harper's Bazaar June 2009 : Sandra Bullock

i feel that their covers are really repetitive, like the kind of scribbly writing font rather than actual text just seems to be appearing every issue. I have been liking the subscriber covers lately, so I'm hoping this one will be good, since I am a subscriber. I liked the Halle Berry one MUCH better than the newsstand cover, so hopes are up!

I don't mind Sandra Bullock. But I was expecting someone more 'upbeat'.
The shots look okay. I'm more interested in the contents.

after previous covers I like this one
thanks kroqjock

Out of all the people in the world why her?

She looks good tho.

I checked IMDB, and she does a have a movie to promote - and that seems to be all you need to warrant a Vogue or HB cover

Thank GOD, NO awful pinky pink pink background
Bad choice of type

i don't mind Sandra, at least better than Renee or Lindsay or whatever....

The font is all wrong for Harper's bazaar.It belongs on a younger magazine.

i think the one wherein she's wearing a red dress will be the subscriber's cover. :smile:

The font is all wrong for Harper's bazaar.It belongs on a younger magazine.

Agreed. I like the font's inside, and the fonts that are used for the title of the editorials. But the cover fonts are horrendous. I'm not feeling them this time, and never have. UK HB do fonts better imo.

Sessilee Lopez Also don't forget to pick up the june issue of haper's someone has an only girl story in it!!!!!
- Sessilee's Facebook Status

I'm guessing Sessilee has an editorial in this issue.

^^I see it like that aswell, to me it looks fresher, it works here. However add the neon background they been using and its to much which makes me agree with what hfgl wrote.

Well I like her and the cover is much better than recent ones.

If she were on Vogue's cover at least Meisel would've been the likely suspect to shoot her as he's been the only one to do so in the past.

I wonder how the contents will be, seeing as they've been falling short recently.

In my opinion, that new font was ok in previous issues, because they used it in just 1 tagline. But using it on 3 is probably too bubbly, perky, too much. It doesnt help too that they are using colors that are too bright. I hope they realize that they dont have to be that perky and bubbly to appeal to younger people.

The cover's quite boring, quite bland. Excited about the eds though. I don't mind the font at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->