Hedi Slimane Pain

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
painslimane.jpg

lovely t-shirt :crush:
bad news on Dior Homme quality..

We all know that Hedi Slimane is worshipped by many regulars on this website, but there's growing concern here and elsewhere about the quality of Dior Homme's offerings.

Some geezers have spent over £800 on a Dior Homme coat only to have buttons drop off a few days after purchase, linings have mysteriously come loose and threads have been left unstitched. There's a consensus that this season the quality is well dodgy. One retailer told me that she thought it's because the label has got cheaper and is trying to extend its customer base like - but hey, the prices are still pretty high and no way should the finishing be shoddy for what they're charging. Sort it out Mr Slimane.

The fine folk at Pineal Eye have got their own Hedi homage T-shirts exclusively made by Henry Holland (£35) for the shop, along with foiled Pineal Eye T-shirts (£40).
The slogan says 'Cause Me Pain Hedi Slimane' which ironically, he is this season. Available from the shop, 49 Broadwick Street, Lonodn W1. Telephone: 7434 2567.

credited to fuk.co.uk

^^True, but considering it is a brand he designs for, he should make sure that the clothes are well made...I wouldn't want to have a line of clothing that is known for looking good, but is made cheaply.

haha!! love pineal eye :heart:

well,it's been no secret,here at the Spot,that DH has slipped in quality as I've seen some people mention long before this particular revelation. And personally,I do find his clothing not worth hefty prices he charges...or they charge. I'm sure he's only partly responsible for this though as it is his designs,but it's really the fault of what manufacturing firm they're using. My question is why the suits at the reigns of the company allowed for these sorts of things to happen before being shipped off to the shops? Being the money grubbers they are,wouldn't that lose them money?

They should work on the quality issue before it gets even bigger

i love this tshirt (and others by houseofhollond) but this stuff is just available in London! what a shame! f*** off londonists elitists lol

Ha ha so true!

back to DH
The question I'm asking you...
Something I don't really understand. At the begenning of Dior Homme, when the quality was excellent (from Solitaire to VoTC if i'm right, I believe SS05 is the first step into mass market and cheap quality), the Chrsitian Dior (women) was already sh*tty and tacky (logos à gogo and more to come). So... What happened? Did they want to create an exclusive (+ niche-market) brand and then, somewhere between FW05-06 and SS06 (mainly SS06) they changed their minds, and asked him to produce ts-hirts (made in turkey...) and hoodies?
I bleieve FW06-07 was something which looks like his debuts like Hedi said, but If the quality is really that bad, I don't care if the designs is great, I just can't bear the idea of paying more than 1000 on something and then throw it away two monthes after (because we are only in november, what will people say about the quality of these items after having worn them more than a year?)

for my part, i never bought DiorHomme (i sued to like hedi when he was @ YSL and his debuts @ Dior...but then it came with the "rock indie pop" trends and get me so bored!) but honestly if the things he made are so cheap why do you guys keep on buying these? I mean "made in turkey" for such a House is really really tacky! you buy DH, not American Apparel or h&m!

and must agree on the fact that if you buy sthg more than 1000€, the quality must be gooooooood! honestly i'm one of those person that are reallllyyy annoying when the quality is bad and that i have to give back the product. i can easily insult the people that work in the shop! but i guess DH have good "service après vente", no?

I guess it does depend on the items that you buy from them, I didn't see any decline in quality as far as shirts and tailored pieces are concerned, they are still very well made these days. I don't really care for the other merchandise they start selling under the Dior Homme umbrella, as long as there are a couple pieces every season that I find worth investing in. This season I bought a waistcoat with hand-smocked, beaded mousselin back and it has so far been kept up well, even though I have worn it quite a lot.

it's inevitable that with a mega-brand as Christian Dior is and with the aggressive marketing they pursue with the women's, that the menswear would be kept any more secretive and pure. It's the same corporate people in the back, and they of course want to grow the business to the biggest extend. Apart from the fashion elitists, there seem to be people that want somewhat exclusive, recognizable sportswear clothing that they can throw away like they would with an H&M sweatshirt. That unfortunately seems to be what the majority of the market is all about.

BerlinRocks: I think you can order it online on their homepage, but maybe im wrong. A friend of mine order one, i think.

I've also heard stories of unraveling lining and falling buttons. What's going on?

It's a shame when the quality varies across the line, it really brings down the impression you get of any brand.

This problem probably stems from the fact that different pieces are made in different factories with different quality standards and quality control. You can see this in many lines. A recent example is the V&R/H&M collaboration; the trenches were particularly awful quality, while the peacoats were very nice.

^me too!!!!! that's ma favourite with "Gareth Pugh UHU"!
BerlinRocks: I think you can order it online on their homepage, but maybe im wrong. A friend of mine order one, i think.
yeah! there are 4tshirts in this collection : Gareth Pugh, Giles Deacon, Christopher Bailey and Hedi Slimane. Hedi & Christopher are available online even if i like them both i won't purchase online because the ones I really want are exclusively in London!!!

Well the only tailored pieces i've seen from the current season are cheap, + everyone complain concerning the buttons/closures/lining!
That sucks. I have only bought a velvet pant from FW05, nothing from SS06, and juging by SS07 I think I'll never buy Dior anymore (+ you can read "hedi slimane" on every french teenager's blog, which, without sounding elitist, is something I just can't stand or even understand). BUT, the current season is nice. I love the coats, trenches, cummerbunds, bows, pants, etc. And I really want to buy, but everyone tell me that the quality is REALLY sh*tty. This is sad... Because honestly, Dior Homme is perfect for a more "casual" look (the belgian designers are a little bit too much for school... I just can't wear Raf or Ann everyday).

+ Even if the quality was good, the mass market image (the red jacket on hip-hop singers... :lol: ) doesn't make me willing to buy anymore.

Long live belgian designers

he ist just designer and doennt make the price and doesnt control the quality:-P
You should have blamed someone else!!

JuiceMajor said:
Is not like it's his fault.

:heart:
As little as the designer's involvement might be in the process of making up the garments, there is some responsibility on his part, he is after all the public spokesperson for the brand

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->