Help Picking Out Sunglasses / Yay or Nay? (Please read rules in post #1)

Jab those shades look great. Suit your face well.

I really want to find a nice pair for this summer. I was thinking of waiting and getting the cool black strip ones from Yves Saint Laurent in the winter.. but that's the winter! And it's tradition to get them in summer..

Can anyone suggest some sort of squareish looking sunglasses that are unusual, not too big, and i'm not fussed on Ray Bans. I'd love some exclusive designer?
Oh I wish Valli made sunglasses..

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE my vintage sunnies!!! What do you all think of my newest Vintage Butterfly dior sunglasses?
CIMG9219.jpg

CIMG9216.jpg

l_8c0c32d165b7f5eebfcfa08226247b89.jpg

and here are my vintage leonard sunnies I ADORE THESE
Photo63.jpg

l_7a3a9ddeac818b29c6e4cca234418cb0.jpg

l_d78ddd0c41b5de3f5713360b6105eb3d.jpg

l_f3318a90f74c30e6a15316de26b43fd0.jpg

the diors and leonards are both in MINT condition!!!! yayay

These glasses were left behind at my boyfriend's brother's apartment and he doesn't think they will be claimed, is there any way to tell if they are authentic or not? One side says "(C) Christian Dior" and the other "CE" and "Made in Austria" and some numbers. Thanks!

Photo19-1.jpg

Photo21.jpg

Photo22.jpg

photo credit: me

Hi guys. for all you lucky people with a nose that isn't flatish sunglasses can just work it for you. but i was wondering, what types of sunglasses can asians wear without having the bottom pressed to our face or not rest upon our nose?

I'm wondering the same thing. I currently have the Wayfarer but it lies on my cheekbones coz of my flat nose.

Ive been wanting to buy a pair of sunglasses. I own a pair of D&Gs, Gucci homme rectangular frames(!), Persol and Ray Ban aviators etc
But I have nothing like this! What do you think?
18_sunglasses_lg.jpg

Proenza Schouler
Picture credits: nymag

^whoa those are some crazy shapes! I guess you have to try them on to really know if they compliment your face. (Personally I like the black and the white ones. ^_^)

Thanks. Due to some people and my friends hating the Diors on me I ended up listing them on ebay and I got 800 dollars for them!!!!!!! freaking crazy hehe

WOOOW 800? I wonder how much I would get for my Chanels.

But they did look GREAT on you!

what chanels are you talking about?? if they are CHANEL 5018s DONT SELL THEM AT ALL!!!!! They are super rare and only fakes are on ebay. But if you listed them you would get at least 5,000 dollars... I wouldnt even sell mine for that though... they are AMAZINGGGGGGG

Please help me decide!

Chanel 5120 or Rayban Wayfarer?

I had a pair of Wayfarers that I lost last year, and I've been meaning to get a new pair. However, last weekend, I tried on the Chanel 5120s, and they looked fantastic. Only problem is, I think they may be a little too trendy, plus I have a pair of Tom Ford Anouk sunglasses that it would compete with for wear-time. I have a $75 gift card for saks I need to spend, please help me decide!

0CH5120__C90011.jpg

or

2132wayfarer9011.jpg

credit: decormyeyes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^I love the first ones but if you already have ones like them I'd say go for number 2. I always try to diversify with sunglasses lol

I find Chanel's sunglasses the best as far as fitting the face goes. Just take a day and go try different pairs on to see what suits your face the best.

I bought a pair a few years ago from their boutique and they still look fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->