High Waisted Skirts

Hiking up a skirt may work if it's a tight long pencil skirt or any other tight on the hips long (length is key) with no plaids skirt otherwise it would look kind of childish. I don't like how it looks.
1865043310_8d57491179.jpg

i love these and think they are more flattering than high waisted trousers/jeans on most people as they elongate the leg!

i love high waisted skirts, and i'm also guilty of wearing them with belts, but i think it looks cute, and adds a more original, vintage twist ^_^

I tried the AA swing high waisted skirt (in that sort of denim/thick cotton material) and it looks cute, but I don't know, AA stuff tends to look too cheap on me, and I just can't pull that particular AA look off.

I think most people forget what is high waisted and what is waist. To me high waisted is above your smallest part of your natural curve point (waist). Which to me everything starts at the waist when pattern making and then you grade it lower(hip) or higher(under the breasts). But thats just my opinion.

i love the new high-waisted skirt trend
its really helping all those whorish girls who go to my schools to appear like they have a little bit of class
plus the cut is flattering, in my opinion, on both tall and short girls
however, is it not liked to wear them with like a belt around the waist?
cause i think it looks good, kinda brings a little big of character to the outfit and at the same time brings the waist...what do you guys think?

^ agreed.

I'm completely over the low-waisted look. I like the 70's overtones of a good high waist, which is easy enough to downplay by not tucking in your shirt.

im not sure, i love the high waist style when its not that agressive like pants that literally touch your boobs but i also dislike the super low cut and people showing their butts everywhere. i guess too much will always be too much on any style. as long as this high waisted trend wont get to men, im set, i dont want my bf to parade around like this

andy+gibbs.jpg
strangepilgrim

Hahaha, nevermind my boyfriend I don't want to see ANY man walking around like that!

My favorite thing to wear. ^_^ I bought a Banana Republic skirt in a smaller size because it looked better on my waist than on my hips.

I have realised I look much better in a high waist. I got a lovely one from H and M, black with white hearts printed all over it, I love it with a simple top :smile:

I love high waisted skirts - I have a small waist and bigger hips, so I appreciate their functionality as well. ^_^

High waisted skirts are so hot!!!
I used one the other day for a project in styling at school and everyone loved it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->