High Waisted Skirts

cutxpaste I'm looking for something like the you posted EXACTLY. That was what I have in mind! I just don't want to pay US$300+ for a skirt :S I've had a look at all the chain stores and can't find anything like that.

OMG LOVE LOVE LOVE
very classic esp. a mini one
daring but can be pulled off!
yeah the way ash wore it
wow loves it

Ashley-2.jpg

^she looks very good in it, thanks for posting :smile:

but you have to source that picture or else it will be removed, it's tFS policy

such an awesome look!
i bought a nice gray high-waisted pencil skirt last year, but it's very business-y and so quite limited in the tops i can pair it with. i'm looking for something a bit more flirty and fun that i can wear more casually and mix it up. any suggestions?

^she looks very good in it,

I don't think she looks very good. The skirt is too tight and pulls across the front. Also, the skirt is too short on her---a knee length high waisted skirt usually looks better on most people, especially shorter people. Most of the ones posted in this thread from a variety of websites show knee length, slightly above, and slightly below knee length with good reason---they look and fit much better than the minis. :flower:

perhaps for a more flirty / fun look, maybe a high-wasited tulip skirt that ends at or just above the knee? with tops that are tucked in, it can be dressed up or down.

such an awesome look!
i bought a nice gray high-waisted pencil skirt last year, but it's very business-y and so quite limited in the tops i can pair it with. i'm looking for something a bit more flirty and fun that i can wear more casually and mix it up. any suggestions?

ooo that actually sounds perfect! and i'd love to find that style in mmm...perhaps a white cotton?

thanks jackie!

cutxpaste I'm looking for something like the you posted EXACTLY. That was what I have in mind! I just don't want to pay US$300+ for a skirt :S I've had a look at all the chain stores and can't find anything like that.
some at old navy for $6.99:lol:

This is my high waisted leather skirt - originally it was long but I decided to cut it :smile: it is with a belt but can be also worn without :smile: :

I mentioned this in the "Trends we Love" thread long ago... high-waist skirts are to my liking. Since skirts are more versatile than pants, you could even take a regular-waisted skirt (as long as it's not a mini) and simply wear it higher up. Add a belt for a little leverage, and what do you know? You're fabulous!

It's taken some time for me to admire the high-waisted bottoms. Then again, it takes time for me to get over most looks like leggings under short skirts. I seemed to catch on with high-waist skirts a bit easier than high-waisted pants and jeans. Post #172... that's a lovely combination. That's a lovely showcase of chocolate brown. And like chocolate, that's a sweet look of yours! Lovely! Almost like a dress look.

ClosetCupcake , John_M THX :flower: I'm so glad that U like my skirt :smile:

John_M You're absolutely right - it's got a dress look :smile:

ClosetCupcake - I bought it in a small boutique in Poland with clothes from Italy , the producer's name is DIVINA - it makes only leather clothing

I tend to disagree, Prudence Pureheart. One can look tasteful with a belt with a high-waist skirt. Some probably just wear those for aesthetic purposes if there's no trouble keeping on the skirt. Again, high-waist skirts can be lovely and more versatile than high-waist pants/jeans/shorts.

Sheepskin boots tucked into jeans is rubbish. Open-toe boots are rubbish. High-waist skirts with belts aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->