High Waisted Jeans #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i only like high waisted jeans if they're skinny. i think, unless it's worn right, the flared jeans look too brady bunch.

I'd rather high-waist jeans that aren't skinny. I've seen quite a few high-waist denim capris that just look too tacky. "Too Brady Bunch" high-waist flared jeans is better than anything skinny. I'm just burned out on seeing too many skinny jeans. Don't hate them that much... just feel like other leg styles of jeans are out there besides skinnies.

:rofl: haute femme & disco :D No that's not me, it's some other blonde Scandinavian girl...we all look a like! But I got the jeans in dark blue, love them so much.

attachment.php
attachment.php

my pics

I love these jeans, they're pretty classic I think. Not sure what shoes to wear with them though, can't wear heels every day :wink: Ballerinas will have to make due, I guess

I'd rather high-waist jeans that aren't skinny. I've seen quite a few high-waist denim capris that just look too tacky. "Too Brady Bunch" high-waist flared jeans is better than anything skinny. I'm just burned out on seeing too many skinny jeans. Don't hate them that much... just feel like other leg styles of jeans are out there besides skinnies.

I personally find high waist skinnies trailer trash and jerry springer because thats what they mostly wear

Well I bought this pair of high-waisted jeans by the new Spanish brand Denimfactoria! I first saw them on Mireia from the fashion blog My Daily Style and loved them! Then I kept seeing them pop allover on some of the most fashionable girls in Madrid. So I went ahead and just bought a pair from the online store pasionforfashion.com
https://www.pasionforfashion.com/designer.php?id=35
And I must say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! They fit like a dream, are really comfortable and best of all: give you the best butt ever!

First two pics bye me!
third by Mireia at www.mydailystyle.blogspot.com

Attachments

• kgja.jpg
    kgja.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 8
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC06906-.jpg
    DSC06906-.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 4
high waist denim capris ... can go from 50s pin-up and marilyn monroe to peggy bundy. even w/ Peggy it's not that trashy. haha. also highwaist FLARES are brady bunch.
high waist skinny/straight leg/capris are 80s/40-50s...
and if they fit correctly and you're on the slimmer side they're not mom jeans or jerry springer steeze.

If you're thinking of "granny" in terms of its looks, I don't think so. The bow along the strap suggests youthful and fun. "Granny" is usually associated with those lace-up ankle boots that is so Victorian era or old West. Those Chanel pumps are lovely for almost any adolescent on up.
=
What makes it hard for me to know what's high-waisted and what isn't relates to what actually qualifies as a high-waisted bottom. I've seen about two different high-waist jeans. One was a somewhat high-waist jean while another was a definite high-waist jean (denim capris, in fact). It's tough for me sometimes to know what's actually a high-waist pair of jeans and what isn't. This is a problem I admit in trying to recognize high-waist jeans.

The high-waist jeans in Post #1,766 are lovely. Dark denim can look very stylish. I love high-waist jean trousers best. The best way to describe them is that I like the high-waist jeans that look like your favorite pair of dress slacks. I also love a pair of high-waist jeans that are casual, but still moderately classy (like those lovely jeans in Post #1,766). Those jeans have a lovely touch to them with the two front pockets as well as the back pocketless look (a jean style I like). The indigo blue color also adds to the allure of those jeans.

Final points... High-waist flares may be Brady Bunch, but at least it's better than being so fixated on high-waist skinny jeans. I'd take some lovely high-waist flare jeans over some '80s skinny high-waist jeans any day of the week. I'm a flare lover, so no way I'd be interested in high-waist skinnies.

If you're thinking of "granny" in terms of its looks, I don't think so. The bow along the strap suggests youthful and fun. "Granny" is usually associated with those lace-up ankle boots that is so Victorian era or old West. Those Chanel pumps are lovely for almost any adolescent on up.
=
What makes it hard for me to know what's high-waisted and what isn't relates to what actually qualifies as a high-waisted bottom. I've seen about two different high-waist jeans. One was a somewhat high-waist jean while another was a definite high-waist jean (denim capris, in fact). It's tough for me sometimes to know what's actually a high-waist pair of jeans and what isn't. This is a problem I admit in trying to recognize high-waist jeans.

The high-waist jeans in Post #1,766 are lovely. Dark denim can look very stylish. I love high-waist jean trousers best. The best way to describe them is that I like the high-waist jeans that look like your favorite pair of dress slacks. I also love a pair of high-waist jeans that are casual, but still moderately classy (like those lovely jeans in Post #1,766). Those jeans have a lovely touch to them with the two front pockets as well as the back pocketless look (a jean style I like). The indigo blue color also adds to the allure of those jeans.

Final points... High-waist flares may be Brady Bunch, but at least it's better than being so fixated on high-waist skinny jeans. I'd take some lovely high-waist flare jeans over some '80s skinny high-waist jeans any day of the week. I'm a flare lover, so no way I'd be interested in high-waist skinnies.

I also like flares a thousand times better! but I have to say I also love really light denim high-waisted jeans. I thinks they have that 70's allure and if done correctly they alos look really modern. I've seen some french labels doing this beautifully. The Bravo jeans I bought from Denimfactoria are also done in a very light wash. Here is a pic.

(pic by www.denimfactoria.com)

Attachments

• foto_03.jpg
    foto_03.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 2
I also like pale jeans (for summer though) , dark jeans are great for fall and winter. Ida I love you look , you look sooo chic .

As for high waisted capris , I have them but high waist skinnies and capris are totally different , but one thing with high waisted wide leg jeans , they have to have a crease going down the front legs , it creates a very nice line. As for high waist skinnies , I wore them in the 80s , they were horrible , In any case I would rather be a breck girl marcia brady then a punk wh*re , i guess its what suits you .

i love high waisted jeans. they're a nice alternative to skinny jeans. i generally don't feel comfortable wearing flares. i don't think they compliment my thighs, and usually that goes for wide leg jeans as well. i just think it's fun to be able to tuck in your shirt, and wear high waisted jeans. it's such a refreshing change in the silhouette too. i also think they make heels and jeans as a combo more appropriate.

We've been debating a bit on high-waist skinny-type jeans. Well to show tackiness of high-waist skinny jeans, check out these Uptown Highwaisted Skinny Jeans from DKNY: < http://www.dkny.com/nshop/product.p...eanJuniorBottoms&subcategory=SaleJuniorsJeans >. They may not be the '80s light blue jeans, but these are tacky to me. It proves my point that high-waist skinny jeans are really trying too hard. Where's the style in these high-waist skinnies? Where is the cute? Where's the "I want those!"?

now contrast those w/ every other picture of highwaist skinnies in the scandinavian streetstyle thread... :shrugs: this is a pointless discussion anyway...why care and "debate" it?

All I'm saying is that high-waist skinny jeans aren't "all that" even if skinny jeans are all the rage. I've gotten tired of skinny jeans almost as if every other kind of jean are either overrated or not even worth wearing.

well i wore high waist skinny jeans , they were called drainpipes back in the day (early 80s) , make no mistake they look horrible , but people just wear them for the change and look, todays concoctions are even tighter than the jeans in the 80s and come in horrible colors but its a cycle by the next decade im sure fashion will move back to a wider sihlouette in terms of jeans. Even if fashion now is a bastardized version of the 80s , people will wear it lol but its about change and , leyspersound has a point its subjective to a degree but John M . made very valid points , woman might think they look the **** in skinny jeans , but in reality , I can say this with confidence , 80% of them dont and now its really reached a point where it sort of tacky. As far as scandinavian style , they are all model bodies so anything looks good hehe

And funny enough, I think it was you, disco54, that shown me the first pair of high-waist jeans I liked from the Rich & Skinny brand. It was some high-waist jean trousers from earlier in this thread or in another thread.

I've failed to look through the Scandinavian thread effectively to find high-waist jeans. So I'd like to see a few images in this thread to know how Scandinavian high-waist skinny jeans compared to most other high-waist jeans.

If you can sport a wide-leg, these jeans from Newport News are lovely: < http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=34300160&s_cmp=affiliate_newport_all >. They even come in Royal Purple. So anyone who gets tired of blue jeans may have something to like here.

I've considered high-waist skinny jeans to be pretty tacky and not as lovely as most femmes make them out to be. These jeans are called "My Lovely High-Waisted Jean." Do you consider THESE lovely: < http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...formics-_-Affiliates-_-kaboodle.com-_-Primary >? These jeans are REALLY high-waisted. As I've stated before, it's hard to judge what kinds of jeans are proper high-waist bottoms (let alone jeans). Some femmes have waists of various lengths. Some have short waists while others have long/tall waists. How exactly are we judging high-waists? No worries here because these are true high-waist jeans. So there- high waist skinny jeans. I still think they're tacky, especially the ones I've seen. And hey- you can mess up these jeans even more by tucking these jeans into boots when it's not that cold.

I think having high-waist jeans with well-defined legs (wide legs, bootcuts, flares, etc.) are the only high-waist jeans I like. I've seen a lot of high-waist skinny jeans and not really like them that much. But at least if you favor the high-waist, you won't be disappointed no matter what kinds of high-waist jeans there are out in stores.

high waisted straight legs (not mom jeans) but what women wore in the late 70s early 80s can look sexy but the high waist skinny doesnt work , skinny jeans look best in low rise or a mid rise

^^i think the high waisted skinnies that john posted look good on the model but you have to be very slim in order to pull that look off...

i agree that skinnies look best in regular or low rises...

i prefer the high waist to generally have a more 70s wide-leg feel to them...
i think that look tends to be more flattering on different types of figures

Goodness! Most of you are really confusing me about high-waisted bottoms! Low-rise high-waist jeans? High-waist mini skirts? Confusing me like crap here! Still... not a high-waist skinny guy. Just think they look better with well-defined and voluminous legs. Disagree with me all you want, but I'm not buying (as in believing or getting excited about) high-waist skinny jeans. I just don't see it.

Post a link or picture of Scandinavian high-waist models so we can see why they're so good as what others say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->