Hot Versace Dress! Sexy Or Skanky?

Originally posted by first_kaos@Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:29 am
Old fashioned? Speaking of old fashioned, the idea that a woman should hide her body is old fashioned.
I wouldn't say "hide", I'd say "not flaunt"...

But you know, old becomes new and new becomes old as the pendulum swings...

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Apr 20th, 2004 - 2:30 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Apr 20th, 2004 - 2:30 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by first_kaos@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:29 am
Originally posted by Lena@Apr 20th, 2004 - 2:23 am
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:19 am
<!--QuoteBegin-first_kaos
@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:18 am
'End of sex'? Sex sells, men are the audience in this case and they love sex. Is Prada planning on executing the male species?

Not all men like it shoved in their face. :flower:

sex is fine when its not 'in your face' it can get boring seeing all the naked bimbos around :innocent:

as for 'men being the audience' well, isnt this a bit oldfashioned? i think women dress first for themselves and then for their guys

there is sex in Prada's clothes, but obviously you seem to be losing the point :P

Old fashioned? Speaking of old fashioned, the idea that a woman should hide her body is old fashioned.
Maybe it's time to bring it back then. [/b][/quote]
Why? Is the thought of a woman expressing herself so wrong? A woman's curves are sexy, anyone who says they aren't is lying. There is absolutely nothing wrong with displaying your physique.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

so i just think that designers should produce and produce.. after all.. there is a designer for everyone's tastes.. so okay!!! u over there love sex!! get sex clothes.. and u on the other hand love conservative clothes.. well buy that!!

Originally posted by first_kaos+Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:33 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(first_kaos @ Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:33 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 20th, 2004 - 2:30 am
Originally posted by first_kaos@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:29 am
Originally posted by Lena@Apr 20th, 2004 - 2:23 am
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:19 am
@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:18 am
'End of sex'? Sex sells, men are the audience in this case and they love sex. Is Prada planning on executing the male species?

Not all men like it shoved in their face. :flower:

sex is fine when its not 'in your face' it can get boring seeing all the naked bimbos around :innocent:

as for 'men being the audience' well, isnt this a bit oldfashioned? i think women dress first for themselves and then for their guys

there is sex in Prada's clothes, but obviously you seem to be losing the point :P

Maybe it's time to bring it back then.
Why? Is the thought of a woman expressing herself so wrong? A woman's curves are sexy, anyone who says they aren't is lying. There is absolutely nothing wrong with displaying your physique. [/b][/quote]
Personally, I love my body enough not to flaunt it. I have enough respect for the human body that I don't think it deserves to be trashed around.

We are getting off-topic though, and these opinions all depend on the individual of course.
:flower:

Originally posted by versace@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:36 am

so i just think that designers should produce and produce.. after all.. there is a designer for everyone's tastes.. so okay!!! u over there love sex!! get sex clothes.. and u on the other hand love conservative clothes.. well buy that!!
Problem solved. :wink:

it's not flaunting it its feeling comfortable. If you feel comfortable in cardboard thats up to you.

Originally posted by first_kaos@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:38 am
it's not flaunting it its feeling comfortable. If you feel comfortable in cardboard thats up to you.
Exactly. Cardboard it is then.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Apr 20th, 2004 - 2:36 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Apr 20th, 2004 - 2:36 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-versace@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:36 am

Problem solved. :wink: [/b][/quote]
YAY.. im bringing PEACE

Originally posted by versace+Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:41 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(versace @ Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:41 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 20th, 2004 - 2:36 am
<!--QuoteBegin-versace
@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:36 am

Problem solved. :wink:
YAY.. im bringing PEACE [/b][/quote]
:heart: :flower:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:41 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:41 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-first_kaos@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:38 am
Exactly. Cardboard it is then. [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: i cant see you in cardboard sweet purple :heart:

Originally posted by Lena+Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:45 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:45 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:41 am
@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:38 am

:lol: :lol: i cant see you in cardboard sweet purple :heart: [/b][/quote]
:wink:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:46 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:46 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Lena@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:45 am
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:41 am
@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:38 am

:lol: :lol: i cant see you in cardboard sweet purple :heart:
:wink: [/b][/quote]
:rofl: :rofl:

Im sorry for creating such a controversial issue.. but this topic has given me my own beliefs and that is that there are individuals in the world who feel like wearing something sexy, who want to dress skankily (ho's) and who want to feel very womanly.. so be it!!!! who cares about following the latest trends.. these days.. its hard to see that all designers will produce the same trends for the same season

:woot: If you wore cardboard it could actually look like prada with a few alterations.

Originally posted by versace@Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:51 am
Im sorry for creating such a controversial issue.. but this topic has given me my own beliefs and that is that there are individuals in the world who feel like wearing something sexy, who want to dress skankily (ho's) and who want to feel very womanly.. so be it!!!! who cares about following the latest trends.. these days.. its hard to see that all designers will produce the same trends for the same season
no problems versace :flower:

of course everyone is entitled to their opinion

we should be free to express our individual styles
without getting ironic remarks from others :wink:

as for what's in or out of fashion,
even if we try to shut it out,
fashionable always there
bombarding us through the media,
the shows and the celebrities.

a long look at the fw04 shows will bring
all the evidence that you need,
sex was certainly not the message
from the international catwalks, plus yes,
this mood was all over the place, from NY to Milano & Paris

Yes Lena is right. I think Rei again is leading the path.

That's why I love Rei Kawakubo (of Comme des Garcons) because she believes that clothes should express something other than sexuality. A guy who's love is real for you will want you, not your body anyways. If you dress sexily for a man/men you will atract the wrong breed. Ones who are only after your body/sex not you, per se.

I know that there was a very conservative trend that occured this season FW 04' but designers can still design their signature pieces (the end dresses at Versace) ........................ I'm sorry to if I made you all upset :(

Originally posted by versace@Apr 20th, 2004 - 3:49 am
I know that there was a very conservative trend that occured this season FW 04' but designers can still design their signature pieces (the end dresses at Versace) ........................ I'm sorry to if I made you all upset :(
No you didn't. No worries, versace. :flower:

Umm.... sorry to bring up a controversial topic, but sexy does not equal more skin. Sexy can be yes, more fabric, but it just depends how it's used (ie Prada :wink: ). I think that's the main difference here. Lots of skin *can* be sexy, but it generally looks trashy - it's a fine balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"