How careful are you with your clothes?

on a 1-10 scale im probably close to 9-9,5 which in practice means im a "care-junkie". always hang up used clothes in a space where they get to breathe, let my shoes rest for atleast one day after use, use the utter most care when choosing what to wash with what and so forth..

but then again i kind of like my clothes, many which cannot be replaced.

i don't really take good care of my clothes when i wear them. My leather messenger bag was stained like the third time i wore it.

Anyone know if like a denim stain cleaned from clafskin? I went to a leather repair store and they said no...

if it's a hot day, i wash my tshirts right away when i get home to prevent the sweatstains from setting in. otherwise, i just try not to get it dirty nor smelly.

for me, clothes are made to be worn comfortably, if i know i have to take extra care and make stress myself in keeping it in pristine condition, then i rather not buy it.

I'm not like that at all- my first designer anything was a pair of knee high stiletto jimmy choo boots, dark brown. I wore those things every day with everything, in the rain and in the ice (try that- it's a real trip), and when they got scuffed and spotted, i just went over them with a coat of polish.

I still have them, they've been resoled about five times. If you look close they're scratched and spotted, but i still love them to death

I always get my clothes dirty. Sometimes I dont care, but sometimes, I just wish all my clothes werent covered with little dapes of paint or ?
I'm an artist, also do a lot of other stuff that gets clothes dirty. I dont like it cuz whenever I get something I like I'm aways just waiting for it to get stained.

Last edited by a moderator:
lets just say that.. if i were to be reincarnated.. i wouldn't want to be any of my clothes.

I dont want my next life to last two months..^_^

I'm very, very carefull with my clothes. The expensive ones I only wear for special occasions, never to work or to the supermarket, so they stay as new as possible. My biggest nightmare: people accidently burning sigarette holes in my clothes (at crowded places like concerts)....:furious:

If I have fallen in love with some cheaper item (for instance from H&M), I just buy two! I will only wear one, and have the other one as reserve!!!

Shoes: always keep them polished, protect them with a waterproof spray (it rains a lot here), and replace the heels regulary.

Yes, I'm a freak..........:blush:

I'm very obsessive when it comes to taking good care of my clothes... :blush:

I have two pairs of Dior sneakers and a pair of Marc Jacobs, which i only wear when i have checked the weather first and it wasn't about to rain... :doh:

.. with jeans i always look where i'm sitting and after using the jeans i'll let them get some air and fold it nicely back together.. the same with jackets, blazers and other clothes

and i always make sure i don't stand too close to someone with a drink or a cigarette...

i'm crazy :lol:

I am bumping this thread. I mean, ay ay ay. I am bad at taking care of my clothes and was curious at how you all with the range of wardrobes on tFS launder and store your clothing....

what detergent do you use? are you a frequent visitor to your local dry cleaners? and a billion other questions? haha

Oh also... what clothes are you particular with? I used to skip the dryer totally. But I'm short on space and am trying to shrink my jeans. I'm also lost when it comes to a nice garment needing some heavy laundering. I think I've ruined so many clothes by failure to take care of them sufficiently...

Last edited by a moderator:
The key for me is volume...oddly enough, as my wardrobe has accumulated, it's been easier to care for. First off, if you properly store garments, you prolong their life. I try to store item types together (i.e. sweaters, scarves, shoes, etc.) Shirts and coats are hung. Pants are folded and sorted onto pant hangers (the metal type with plastic coating that holds 5 pair). Shoes are stored with cedar trees when not in use. I try to use heavy rotation of everything, which means the less frequent use per garment, ideally the longer the garment life. Secondly, cleaning primary layer clothes are always machine washed. External layers (longsleeves, etc.) get a couple wears before the wash. I use a lint roller to help remove dust and straighten out some of my clothes. I dry clean sparingly, mainly if there is an odd stain. Otherwise, if I wear a non-cotton blend garment at least 3 times in a season, it needs to be dry-cleaned. And thirdly, proper maintenance between wash is key - hang things up that need to drape and regain their shape; fold sweaters, tees, etc. that otherwise aren't hanging; and invest in cedar accessories, spot cleaners, and lint brushes. I also like to polish my shoes. All of this obviously takes a lot of work, but if you put your money into your clothes and treat them like an investment, they'll pay you back for years.

this quote from christian dior seems appropriate here...
:P

...Dior would say, it’s all about laying the groundwork.
“Above all – care for your clothes. You cannot be well groomed if your clothes are not well cared for,” wrote the couturier.

i'm paranoid:ninja: i have this really nice pair of YSL pants that are very sensitive. the first pair i bought i ruined in 20 minutes...i had a salad and some of the dressing dripped on it and could not be taken out...with anything. after some convincing i was able to get another pair:lol: (flown in from beverly hills i believe). so from now on i only wear them when i know that i won't eat anything, which really beats the purpose of having them:blush:

Umm, the most expensive think to wear I ever bought was around 100 $ and that being the most expensive thing in my wardrobe I don't care too much about clothes etc. I am a naturally clumsy person :P, so even if I do care I will make mistakes. Not a fan ironing either, too time consuming :innocent:

If I'm wearing a coat I will never sit down, as sitting on the coat will wear it. Also, if I'm wearing any of my fine knits, I don't sit back unless the back of the chair (or whatever I'm sitting on) is made of plastic, otherwise it'll wear the knit. With the exception of my underwear and cheap t-shirts, I never wash my clothes. I air them and have them dry cleaned once in a while.

I'm super careful with my "nice" clothing, like dresses or fancy coats. Other than that, I'm awful at keeping my clothes stain-free. Luckily, there's always the washing machine. That thing is a lifesaver.

I try not to let looking after my clothes get in the way of my life but I am careful since I become really rather fond of my clothes and I don't want the hassle of trying to replace clothes I loved. Also, I can't afford to keep replacing my clothes just because I've ripped and ruined them!

I am sensible with my clothes, washing them according to the instructions, storing them properly etc, but my clothes are meant to be worn and that will mean they encounter some wear!

pointup, thanks for bumping. :flower:

If I had beautiful clothes, perhaps I would take better care of them. I live in a cheap place so there isn't a delicate cycle on my washing machine... but I usually put in nice, ligher things together to prevent lots of weight fallong them. My nice items I do not dry, blah blah blah...

But I will state once again, if I had clothes that really required special attention... who knows.

I'm super careful, I either handwash my clothes, or wash them in lingerie bags. I need my clothes to last, so I make sure they do by treating them well.

I honestly try to take care of my clothes, or at least I think about caring for them, but I always end up treating them poorly. I always find little stains and spots on clothes that I can not recall causing. The saddest of all of these occurrences was recently when on the first day I was wearing a new (quite pricey) sweater, and was in a rush to get dressed, I ripped the seam around the neck. I really freaked out. As upset as I get when my negligence causes damage to a favorite piece (and really do want to get better about it), I also believe you should not treat any commodity to sacredly. Clothes are meant to be worn, and if you are not comfortable truly WEARING something, and instead carefully display it on your body, you probably should not be using it.

i dont get emotionally attaced to clothes, that's why i have soooo much, i have painted a$520 pair of shoes, because i wanted to experiment with the leather...
material things can be replaced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->