How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #3

Has anyone tried one of the Biotherm's Biosensitive moisturizers? I have really sensitive, dry skin and I've tried so many moisturizers, but none of them was good enough.

5106.JPG

perriconemd.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried cod liver oil, it's supposed to be especially beneficial kind of fish oil, but as far as skin's appearance goes, I never noticed anything. Neither good, nor bad. And I took a lot of it (liquid form), over extended periods of time and from a couple different brands. No real result.
At the moment I'm taking salmon oil, but doesn't seem to be working either. :(
I envy people who take some kind of fish oil and rave about how their skin gets glow-y, eyes get bright and joint problems go away. I can only hope some day I'll find some omega-3 oil that I can rave about as well.
Btw, plant oils with healthy fatty acids never worked for me either, tried them all, flax, hemp, borage, wheat germ, primrose and so on. Waste of time. :(

Thanks for sharing your experience with it :flower:.

I've tried flax seed oil as well and had a horrible allergic reaction to it so I now stay away from the plant oils.

I did end up buying a bottle of cod liver oil so we'll see how it goes. I'm not expecting a miracle but I would like to experience some of the benefits that others rave about when taking clo.

I am looking to know if anyone has any good recommendations for an exfoliater geared towards VERYYY sensitive skin. I have eczema on my face so I have to exfoliate like every single day and then moisturize...and so far all I'm using are my fingers but I want an actual product.
Any suggestions?

I am looking to know if anyone has any good recommendations for an exfoliater geared towards VERYYY sensitive skin. I have eczema on my face so I have to exfoliate like every single day and then moisturize...and so far all I'm using are my fingers but I want an actual product.
Any suggestions?

LIZ EARLE - CLEANSE AND POLISH

i discovered this recently, after hearing the hype about it and i love love LOOOOVE it.

you massage the cleanser onto dry skin. then you soak the muslin cloth in warm water and gently polish off the cleanser in circular motions.

i would say this would be ideal for you, as you can control the amount of exfoliation you get i.e. how 'hard' - can't think of a better word :doh: - you use the muslin cloth against your skin.

Depending on your budget, a cheaper version (but just as effective) is by Boots No. 7 ' Beautiful Skin, Hot Cloth Cleanser'

^ I'm going to second the Liz Earle cleanser. I always come back to it, especially in winter.

^ how do you actually use that Liz Earle product? do you use it to remove your make uup or just as a facial scrub?

oh...and has anyone used dermalogica gentle cream exfoliant? any opinions?

^ how do you actually use that Liz Earle product? do you use it to remove your make uup or just as a facial scrub?

To cleanse or remove makeup with the Liz Earle you would massage the product into your skin and then remove with the wet muslin cloth. You can use the Liz Earle to both remove your makeup or just to cleanse (if you wanted to use it just for exfoliating sometime you could just wet the muslin cloth and polish your skin without using the cleanser).

I love the Gentle Cream Exfoliant. It is easy to remove and doesn't irritate my skin (although I don't have very sensitive skin). I use it at night and the next morning my skin looks less red, more even-toned and very glowy. However it doesn't smell the best!

a couple posts above i explain how its used. but as Ganybelle says, you just gently polish off the cleanser with the muslin cloth and rinse with a final splash of cold water :flower:

I wouldn't particularly call it an exfoliator, as it is a cream cleanser, i think 'polish' is a more appropriate word. so, very good for sensitive skin ^_^

I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this problem: My skin is perfect everywhere but on my chin. I break out on my chin all the time. There is never a day where I don't have a pimple or a blackhead on there. It drives me insane!

I'm a vegetarian, I take vitamins and supplements, don't eat refined sugar, exercise, stay out of the sun, and drink tons of water. I feel like I can't solve this problem!

Any ideas?

yeah leave out dairy. also i find some veggie supplements are crap for my skin. flaxseed oil tablets (omega 3) breaks me out and also gives me really bad indigestion. i find ground flaxseeds on food better. alot of binders in vitamins are basically some kind of starch. if it gives you indigestion its probably this, though i dunno if thats what breaks my skin out as such.
however, low gi diet changed my skin dramatically, eczema/psoriasis/acne/that weird itching after sugar....its all dramatically reduced and i have more energy. anything majorly starchy like potatoes wreaks havoc over a week or so and gives me bad indigestion too.
low gi may not have desired effects if you still consume alot of caffeine. dunno if direct correlation but green tea (also has caffeine) makes me break out which is sad coz i love it :( its only thing i eat with caffeine in it so think it must be that...sad face...but with relatively clear skin :smile:

How do you like micelle cleansers? I recently bought Yves Rocher (even though I had some prejudices against this brand:ninja:) Micellar Cleansing Water and I really really like it. It's so cheap and it has good ingredients too.:woot:

I use the one for sensitive skin by Bioderma, it is the best. It leaves the skin feeling amazingly clean but not dry, and it is so gentle for the eyes. Plus each bottle is 500ml (I buy them in packs of 2 for around 14 euro) so they last enough to be pretty cheap in the end.

520-bioderma_crealine_h2o_eau_net_500_ss.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this problem: My skin is perfect everywhere but on my chin. I break out on my chin all the time. There is never a day where I don't have a pimple or a blackhead on there. It drives me insane!

I'm a vegetarian, I take vitamins and supplements, don't eat refined sugar, exercise, stay out of the sun, and drink tons of water. I feel like I can't solve this problem!

Any ideas?

Like I've said in another post here: watch your hands. They're never clean enough to be on your face.

Small stuff can be easily treated with a benzoyl peroxide gel. See a dermatologist if you can't get that over the counter.

^^ Katharrrina, have you tried any of the moisturizers by Bioderma?

Is it usually a hormonal thing if you get pimples only in your lip or chin area? also sometimes i get between my eyes..

^^ Katharrrina, have you tried any of the moisturizers by Bioderma?

No, I use Toleriane Soin Protecteur Apaisant by La Roche Posay and since it's perfect for me, I haven't tried any other moisturizer in a long, long time.

Is it usually a hormonal thing if you get pimples only in your lip or chin area? also sometimes i get between my eyes..

Are you getting enough sleep?
I get pimples on my chin if I eat too much sugar, and I get more during that time of the month if my diet is bad. I think it's a combination of hormonal, diet, and rest.

Hello,

Quick question on milk...
I see in a comment "Cut down on dairy. Dairy is designed to take that cute calf and turn it into a 1500lb cow/bull in under a year. And it does a bloody good job of it. I have skimmed milk in my tea. That's about it these days. Yes, I've even cut back the cheese"

In a recent interview of Barbara Palvin, when they ask her advice for great skin she said she was drinking plenty of milk...

So what is the influence of dairy on milk and does the dose depends on people?

I am a boy (I don't apply much product) but I want to get nicer skin for summer hehe

^ I think you may get better results from investigating possibly incorporating more product, vs. relying on milk.

and YES...totally YMMV (your mileage may vary); for the majority of folks, cutting back on dairy helps their skin "issues". Plus, yes, there have been many discussions re: the overall reliance on dairy in our (humans') diet.

FWIW, not having dairy didn't make a lick of difference in my skin. I have yet to find what does work consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->