How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #3

^^ Katharrrina, have you tried any of the moisturizers by Bioderma?

If you have sensitive skin Bioderma is without a doubt a safe way to go. Out of moisturizers I keep using Sebium Hydra cream and Sensibio light for years now. While Sebium hydra is for oily, acne-prone weakened skin, which i use for my T-zone, it returns skin pliability and shine with nice calming effect, especially if you're expiriencing some redness. Also, I use Sensibio light intendend for normal to combination skin that happens to be really good make-up base as well (it's working excellent in addition to that Sensibio H2O), all reacting gentle and of course, maintains a well moisturized skin all day. In my opinion, reasonably priced in exchange for fine quality, I fairly recommend it. :flower:

Thanks for all the suggestions about my chin breaking out :flower:

I do avoid dairy- might have it once in awhile on the weekends, but hardly ever consume it.

I also get at least 8 hours of sleep or more every night.

I assume it's hormonal and there's nothing I can do about it. The only thing I've been trying lately that's seemed to work is using retin a on my chin every night.

^ I use to experience hormonal breakouts on my chin all the time until I started drinking spearmint tea every night. It has anti-androgenic properties so it should help with hormonal acne. I haven't had a breakout on my chin since. Of course it could be coincidence since my skin does tend to go through phases but I would suggest you try it since its something you can pick up at your local supermarket.

^ I use to experience hormonal breakouts on my chin all the time until I started drinking spearmint tea every night. It has anti-androgenic properties so it should help with hormonal acne. I haven't had a breakout on my chin since. Of course it could be coincidence since my skin does tend to go through phases but I would suggest you try it since its something you can pick up at your local supermarket.

Thanks! I'll definitely try that out...I hope it helps !

^ Liya, I would suggest trying the Konjac Sponge (the image leads to their site). It’s a 100% natural, antibacterial facial sponge that gently massages & exfoliates skin stimulating blood flow and new growth of skin cells. This one should help you get rid of the blackheads and outbreaks. Not to mention it's affordable.

konjacspongecompany

Does anyone know a great product for reddish marks left behind by spots?
I had a lot of spots on my forehead which thanks to you guys on this thread I have pretty much completely got rid off (apart from some small blackheads and on my nose which I can't seem to ever get rid of! ) and have been fairly clear for last 3 months but I have red marks which are faint normally but when it gets cold they show up! I've heard they can fade in weeks, months or a couple of years time (and never if really bad).
Thanks in advance for any help! :smile:

where did everyone go! :lol:

I found some Natural remedies that are good for skin and hair apparently so i thought i would share on this forum as it might be good for people who prefer more natural ingredients! (have no idea if this stuff actually works!)

Prickly pear oil
CLAIMS TO:
Make hair glossy.
Also known by its Latin name, Opuntia ficus-indica, this plant’s oil delivers double the amount of fatty acids and protein as argan oil, the gold-standard treatment for shiny hair. Prickly pear is also rich in vitamin E, which is fantastic for deep conditioning. It takes a million seeds to produce one litre of this rare oil, but you only need a drop or two for glossy locks

Algae acid
CLAIMS TO:
Eradicate wrinkles.
Algae or alguronic acid doesn’t just instantly make skin appear less lined, but it also delays the signs of ageing long-term. Discovered by marine biotech scientists in San Francisco, it was found that algae acid can also help regenerate cells.
The tiny spheres of alguronic acid swell to physically fill out wrinkles and instantly reduce their appearance, and clinical tests have shown that over time it can increase elastin levels and improve skin cell turnover. One to watch, as every person in the clinical trials saw an immediate improvement in their wrinkles.

Watermelon seed oil
CLAIMS TO:
Regenerate skin.
The oil, which is extracted from the seeds of the Kalahari melon, is particularly good for the skin thanks to high levels of essential fatty acids.
It also contains high levels of antioxidants, which help the plant to survive in the South African Kalahari desert. These antioxidants help to counteract environmental damage in the skin. The oil itself is light and readily absorbed by the skin.

Rice
CLAIMS TO:
Soothe and repair skin.
Not just a kitchen cupboard staple, scientists have now discovered that elements within rice have skin-soothing properties.

Rice extract, known as Oryza sativa, can moisturise and calm skin that has been damaged by UV light. It can also protect skin from further damage

Sausage Tree Extract
CLAIMS TO:
Firm skin.
Extracts of Kigelia pinnata, known in sub-Saharan Africa as the ‘sausage tree’ because of the shape of its salami-shaped fruit, can help boost the rate of cell renewal.
Tests have shown that this ingredient has a smoothing effect on ageing skin

Daisies
CLAIMS TO:
Erase age spots.
Who could have predicted that the extract of the common English daisy could work wonders on the skin? Studies conducted both in the lab and on women show that the daisy extract has a rapid skin-brightening effect, helping to reduce age spots.

Kakadu plum
CLAIMS TO:
Protect skin
This green, Australian plum contains the highest concentration of vitamin C found in nature. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect skin from free radicals.

I got this from the Dailymail.co.uk and just cut out all the rambling before and after! :smile:

Does anyone know a great product for reddish marks left behind by spots?
I had a lot of spots on my forehead which thanks to you guys on this thread I have pretty much completely got rid off (apart from some small blackheads and on my nose which I can't seem to ever get rid of! ) and have been fairly clear for last 3 months but I have red marks which are faint normally but when it gets cold they show up! I've heard they can fade in weeks, months or a couple of years time (and never if really bad).
Thanks in advance for any help! :smile:

I don't know to be honest. I've always waited for them to disappear and in the interim just use a good concealer.

But I think I've read about hydroquine being used to lighten marks. As for a natural alternative I've heard lemon juice works well but be careful to dilute it or it may damage your skin :flower:.

^^ Yeah i use that as my night cream, it's really good stuff but does nothing for marks left behind! :smile:

I started using Proactiv again as upkeep. All the pricey things I do and stuff from the dermatologist aren't cutting it. I used Proactiv as a teenager and it helped a lot and it's been working again.

just an update on my microdermabrasion procedures...

i had my second session (this was done at a real derms - my first session was at a medispa)

my derm had a second guy with him (a resident) to help hold my skin taut. they also put stickers over my eyelids and had me wear a hairnet in case of the little crystals fell in...

the wand with the crystals did definitely feel more abrasive. however the derm didnt do a second go around (unlike my experience at the medi spa) i'm not sure if it was crystals or real diamonds. but it definitely hurt a bit more than the first time...

i dont have any redness yet (some minor redness might appear tomorrow however)

i am already noticing a difference in my skin texture. some of my hyper pigmentation has receded and faded (but not all the way) it could be partly due to the lancome bright expert dark spot corrector (i quit using this after two months after the tube ran out) or the clinique even better dark spot corrrectors and moisturizer ive been using since...

i'm going to keep going with the sessions. next one is scheduled for a month from now...

Try the cream "cicalfate" from avene, a lot of people said that it's a good creme.

I use cicalfate after blackheads massacre and my skin really recovers much faster then usual, it's great but I don't think it's so good for everyday use, it's just not meant for that.

Hi ! Sorry if it's been asked before....

But is there some kind of product that makes your facial skin glow?, i don't know, just some kind of liquid that pairs up the color of your skin, just a simple product not too expensive... and that you know it works really well like cleansing/astringent.

I was about to buy one today, but then i rejected because of the price... and also didn't know if it'll work on my skin, i just want a glowing and beautiful facial skin.

Thanks

Hey! Does anybody know a good inexpensive under eye treatment to keep my eyes looking young? I'm only 20 and I'm starting to notice crows feet and dark circles. I want fast results! Not something that takes up to 4-6 months. Thanks!!

I've finally found a good regiment to make my face glow. I usefew timesa week retin-A 0,025% cream aroundmyface and neck (got it via amazon) everynight i use under my eyes estee lauder advanced night repair gel, and if im not using retin-a then i use cliniderm age perfect night cream. (I am turning 28) that retin-a product can be drying so usually i put also some moisturizer with it liki clinique,vichy, etc...day time i use loreal youth code luminizer serum and maybeline bb cream with 30 sph. Its important to use spf because of the retinal. If i dont wanna use make up i put in mornings first aid beauty 5in 1 face cream 30. Spf. Also in mornings i use chanel precision under eye gel. And warning, that retina product isnt easy, your skin needs to get used to it. So use it only first like 2-3 times a week.

I started on a gluten-free diet about two months ago (due to intolerance to gluten) and my skin has never looked better! I haven't had a pimple in ages and I feel confident going out without makeup :smile:

^Ditto on going gluten free. I am doing the dairy free, gluten free, low glycemic index nutrition lifestyle. NEVER felt better in my life and it shows on my skin. I've been on Accutane several times and the past and my acne always came back. Did a lot of online research and nutrition plays a HUGE part. Ever since I've cut back, it has shown on my skin and I am getting used to this style of eating, and discovering healthy alternatives for all the disgusting junk I used to eat

Once in a while before my period I will get a few pimples. The mask that SAVED my face is a combination of all the natural ingredients people use for mask but I threw them all in one:
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons turmeric
  • 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar
  • 2 table spoon clay of your juice (I use mineral clay)
I swear the first 15 minutes this mask BURNS like hell! I leave it on for 1hr and when I remove it: pimples are almost all gone!!!

For those who try it, go ahead and thank me later! :flower:

Cool thanks for the mask recipe Kimkhuu!! Also Riskki for those natural remedies! I'd love to try some out. I recently started using my first anti-wrinkle cream which I love and swear has smoothed out the fine lines. I use these products right now:

Kibio Early Wrinkle Cream with Turmeric, Rosehip, Hazelnut

Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner with Chamomile and Rosewater

Vitamin E Oil

Organic Coconut Oil

I also know that not eating ANY REFINED SUGAR (like not one bit) or much bread, pasta, wheat always helps my skin glow. Combine that with loads of green tea, organic salads, pomegranates, berries, fish and red meat once in a while, my skin looks pretty good and no one thinks I look my age. I also swear by lemon water in the morning, and lots of water throughout the day it really makes a difference.

I also take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, kelp, and spirulina supplements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->