How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #3

Does anyone know a great product for reddish marks left behind by spots?
I had a lot of spots on my forehead which thanks to you guys on this thread I have pretty much completely got rid off (apart from some small blackheads and on my nose which I can't seem to ever get rid of! ) and have been fairly clear for last 3 months but I have red marks which are faint normally but when it gets cold they show up! I've heard they can fade in weeks, months or a couple of years time (and never if really bad).
Thanks in advance for any help! :smile:

Sorry for the slow reply - I use vitamin C to clear up long lasting red marks and it slowly fades them. I use the kiehls one, but I know there is a higher % vitamin C cream available in the US

for a faster fix the Mario Badescu heal and soothe mask is really good

I take really good care of my skin (really!) for years, I eat healthy food, drink a lot of water and green tea, clean my face twice a day, moisterize, use good products (Avène, usually) and still, I have spots and redness, especially around the chin and on the right cheek. I have no idea why they are here, it's been a few months and I can't get rid of them.
Yesterday, I ws talking with a Russian friend who has the most amazing skin and she was telling me how people often think her mum is actually her sister. I've met her mother, and it's true she looks incredibly young and has a perfect, radiant skin. They both told me they think it's because they clean, moisterize, and never use makeup except lipstick or mascara (but nothing on the skin) !
What do you think? Do they have amazing genes or do you think that not using any makeup on the skin (no foundation, no concealer, no powder...) is helping??
I feel tempted to try but I feel very little confident without foundation if I have to go somewhere, even if it's to the shop.

I think it could be genetic or something else that's not skin care related. I think most of my Russian friends back home also had flawless skin that looks amazing even on worst days. They never used anything special, some just smear some baby cream or very basic moisturizer, or some department store product that would kill my skin, but there's no common denominator. No salon appointments or anything like that. Oh, and some of them do use foundation (full face) even with their amazing skin. Don't ask me why... ^_^
Weirdly enough, Russians expatriates do not have that nice skin, so maybe it's food or climate related. Now I am in a place that has many people from Russia and Belarus living around here and I can't say I've seen anyone with flawless skin, nor the younger nor the older ones. :huh:
In any case, from my own experience, it's depressing to compare your skin with anyone else's since it's human nature to always wish for the exact thing other person has but you don't. :ninja:

I think it could be genetic or something else that's not skin care related. I think most of my Russian friends back home also had flawless skin that looks amazing even on worst days. They never used anything special, some just smear some baby cream or very basic moisturizer, or some department store product that would kill my skin, but there's no common denominator. No salon appointments or anything like that. Oh, and some of them do use foundation (full face) even with their amazing skin. Don't ask me why... ^_^
Weirdly enough, Russians expatriates do not have that nice skin, so maybe it's food or climate related. Now I am in a place that has many people from Russia and Belarus living around here and I can't say I've seen anyone with flawless skin, nor the younger nor the older ones. :huh:
In any case, from my own experience, it's depressing to compare your skin with anyone else's since it's human nature to always wish for the exact thing other person has but you don't. :ninja:
The girls I know are living in the same city as me... they just really think their amazing skin is because of their no makeup policy. I might give it a try during the holidays. I've always dreamt of having such a perfect skin that I don't need to use foundation !

Gwennaliann, I'm sure it's genetic, they're just very lucky. An suitably chosen foundation even has good infuences on the skin and protects it rather than damaging it.
I'm using mineral foundation which has no negative impacts at all.

I have spots and redness, especially around the chin and on the right cheek.

This might sound weird, but you might need to give your mobile and headphones an antiseptic cleanse. Plastic absorbs dirt like crazy and I also used to have blackheads and breakouts close to my ears and jawline until a friend pointed this out to me.

This might sound weird, but you might need to give your mobile and headphones an antiseptic cleanse. Plastic absorbs dirt like crazy and I also used to have blackheads and breakouts close to my ears and jawline until a friend pointed this out to me.
OMG, I never thought of that!! That could totally be the reason why, it's exactly that spot. That totally makes sense! I might try and do that. Thanks a lot for the advice!
At the moment, I try to use less products and to use no makeup at all. I remember when I was 17 and used only soap to clean my face, and sometimes moisterizer if my skin felt dry... So minimalist and yet my skin ws absolutly perfect. Now I'm 24, I spent lots of money in beauty products and my skin is not so great; maybe it's reacting badly to all the products. I am trying to simplify it: clean it with a dead sea minerals soap (I love this stuff! So cheap and my skin looks nicer after) and some almond oil after. Hope that works!

I tried using some ten percent glycolic acid cream about a month ago, and while it worked magnificently at keeping my pores unclogged and my skin well exfoliated, it made my skin look very red to the point that a few people asked me if I was sunburned. Since quitting it, I've had some issues with clogged pores and blackheads. Any advice on a weaker product for daily use that does the same sort of thing as ten percent glycolic acid? (Preferably something that isn't insanely pricey.)

Vega Magnus that's the same that happens to me when I use glycolic acid creams or serum. I've finally assumed that I can't use it anymore. Salicylic acid works better on my skin, it's much more gentle and doesn't sun affect as much as glycolic to skin, but I always wear sunscreen of course. I think La Roche Posay's Effaclar K can be found in the US, it's pretty gentle as a night cream. I personally use Turnaround products by Clinique wich have glucosamine and lactobionic acid along with Salicylic. Here in Europe there's a brand called Etat Pur, it's produced by Bioderma, it's a french brand... I have no idea if it's available in the states. So, they sell something that's like a serum... they're called Pure Actives, you just apply 4 drops before cream, day and night. There's one with Salicylic and it's really good. Smoothes skin, cleanses pores...

You could also try vitamine C, MSM, brewer's yeast (am not sure whether this is the right term in English) and silica. At the beginning, your skin will probably get a little worse, but it'll be flawless afterwards! :wink:

Hypericum oil works wonders for reddened skin.

Good luck! :wink:

I ordered a cream which consists of Aloe Vera and Snail extract. Yes, it may sound gross, but before I tried it, I researched to make sure how legitimate the product was, and what benefits I would get out of it (helps with acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, etc), it also smells really good. Before I apply the cream, I always make sure to wash my face with warm water, then cold water. I've been using it for a few weeks now, religiously, and it has been great! Obviously, along with this cream, I've made sure I live a healthy lifestyle, and drink plenty of water which has further helped contribute to good skin.

My best products for smooth, bright skin:

Kate Somerville Total Vitamin Serum a few days a week
Tretinoin cream by prescription about once or twice a week
Alpha Hydrox Soufflé glycolic cream maybe once a week or every other week
Salicylic acid face wash... I really like Murad Clarifying Cleanser and use this maybe every other day.
La Mer the Refining Facial once a week

I'm using Paula's Choice 8 % AHA gel, it helps with erasing the spots and especially - the skin is smoothed to perfection. ^_^

31kPolt6oaL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

amazon

^ I swear by AHA (glycolic acid) gel. I use a 10% formulation and I swear it keeps my skin clear and helps fade existing marks.

How about scars as in 'dents' in your skin? Any advice on getting rid/reducing the appearance of that?

Last edited by a moderator:
^1 or 2 Fraxel procedures would improve them significantly.

^ I swear by AHA (glycolic acid) gel. I use a 10% formulation and I swear it keeps my skin clear and helps fade existing marks.
Me too! I'm using Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant. It does wonders! But I want to try the BHA 2% too, so I'll probably pass the AHA one to my mom.

I'm also about to order the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey mask. From what I've heard it's amazing. :woot:

I have tried few serums, more and less expensive ones (Oriflame, Lumene, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden etc.) and seems that L`Oreal Youth Code Luminizer Serum serves me the best at the moment. It makes and keeps my skin smooth looking throughout the day, the make up stays better, too.

Biotherm Aquasource moisturizer is the and only creme for me, after trying other brands I have never been as satisfied with the formula and results as I am with Aquasource.

I haven`t much experience from make up primers, but my first was Lòreal, and it worked beautifully. Anyway, I love to try new things so now I have Smashbox Photo Finish, and it is little... blah after L`Oreal. Can`t wait it to end so I can get back to my old one. Shouldn`t fix something which isn`t broken :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->