How Do You Walk In High Heeled Shoes?

i remember the first time i had to do a show with a correographer, i was so scared of falling over! i had some shoes where the actual heels really needed to be about and inch higher to match the shape of the sole,
anyhow i always get compliments off men for my walk of all things so il share my secrets...
~do not slouch!!!!!!!!
~or hunch forewards!
~shoulders back
~work your walk from the hips
~try and place your feet one in front of the other
~do not rush

Just so you know: High stiletto type heels are terrible for your feet and often result in hip-replacements in later life (because of the way it makes the pelvis move).

Slowly :P

Take your time, and walk the way it feels natural. Don't try to walk like your making your way down a catwalk (not at first, atleast!) because you'll probably end up falling over :wink:

I walk just fine in them, I can run in 4 inch heels! but when I first started using them a 2 incher would make my feet so painful!

I just read in IN-touch magazine that stars have collagen injections to the balls of their feet. $500 that lasts for 5 months.... ouch... wish it was more permanent.

i say, it's kinda like learning to ride a bike. at first it feels awkward, and then once you master it, you'll never forget how to do it.

that said, i starting marching around in my mother's stiletto's at the age of four so i can't ever remember a time i couldn't handle 'em.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Nov 19th, 2003 - 4:02 pm
Just so you know: High stiletto type heels are terrible for your feet and often result in hip-replacements in later life (because of the way it makes the pelvis move).
Ah a voice of reason at last. And it only took 4 pages....

I've worn heels throughout my early twenties and I now give up, because I developed a huge bunion on my right foot! It sucks because I really love the look that heels can give you. Has anyone experienced this? I don't know which heels (if any) are best for me, or what kind of shoes. All I have been wearing lately are my dr.martens and my uggs. My feet are wide, too. Sigh... any suggestions anyone? I'd appreciate it!

I must say that as a man Im rather envious of the fact that there is a wonderful variety of shoe, High Heels, Stilettos etc. available for women.
I also venture to say that if i were a lady, i would of spend probably half
my earnings on many fine Manolos including some of Dolce & Gabanna.
I would walk (strut) much like Giselle B.

Very carefully....

-Practice at home-on all surfaces.
-Glide....don't really lift your feet off the ground.
-walk on the balls of your feet rather than the heel.
-Make sure you have good posture.
-Take your time.---you'll get there-no need to rush and fall. :wink:

badly ...I tripped wearing mine this mrning & fell down a flight of stone stairs. ouch! I am black & blue now. hmm how attractive.

helena said:
badly ...I tripped wearing mine this mrning & fell down a flight of stone stairs. ouch! I am black & blue now. hmm how attractive.

Ouch Helena :o stone stairs..be careful! I hope the soreness has gone.

helena said:

autsch! poor helena, I hope the "blue" turns back in the "natural state" very soon. :flower:

thanks pradaesk - i am taking it easy tonight. I am sore all over. This is why I don't wear high heels!

i rarely wear heels cause when i do, they always hurt. i can only go for like an hour or so. the balls of my feet start to hurt a LOT. and i start getting blisters. i need to get those foot pads to cusion the balls and heel.

helena said:
oh boy... :doh: :cry:
i did that once...if it makes you feel any better...stone steps and all...
just as i was about to go into this fabulous appointment at some fancy spa...very stylish... :rolleyes:
geez...that hurt...
:lol:

feel better pumpkin... :heart: :kiss:

^ Hanne :cry:

If it makes you feel better, I got stuck on a little crack from a club's stairs while going upstairs, after this whole "Going through the VIP line and crap", and all the people yelling cause we got in, so im shaking it like nobody's business, suddenly, I stepped on the wrong hole :lol: and I fell on my face, and the heel got stuck on the crack :rofl:

That's what I get for wearing skinny skinnny heels :stuart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->