How Long Are Your Jeans?

i like mine touching the floor but not bunched in the back. i like when they are frayed back there. makes them look more genuinely lived in.

i think all these long lengths are just a matter of cost cutting for these designer jean companies. of course its gonna be cheaper if you make em all in one length or proportional. they don't sell to the masses (compared to gap/express other companies that have jeans that come in lengths). i remember seeing at YSL the mens jeans aren't even finished. i thought that was odd for jeans.

anyone know how much more it costs for the tailor to reaattach the original bottom hem when they hem them up? when i was home for thanksgiving my mom showed me how she did for my sisters sevens and i was in awe. i didn't even know you could do that!

Originally posted by sbbbjm@Dec 1 2004, 01:12 AM
i like mine touching the floor but not bunched in the back. i like when they are frayed back there. makes them look more genuinely lived in.

i think all these long lengths are just a matter of cost cutting for these designer jean companies. of course its gonna be cheaper if you make em all in one length or proportional. they don't sell to the masses (compared to gap/express other companies that have jeans that come in lengths). i remember seeing at YSL the mens jeans aren't even finished. i thought that was odd for jeans.

anyone know how much more it costs for the tailor to reaattach the original bottom hem when they hem them up? when i was home for thanksgiving my mom showed me how she did for my sisters sevens and i was in awe. i didn't even know you could do that!
[snapback]445569[/snapback]​

How do you do that? I have pair that I need to hem and I really like the hem.

i'm sure you just cut around the hem leaving a little space above it and then cut the rest of pant to the desired length and just sew the finished hem inside out [does that make sense] anyways so it ends up the the seam is right alone the top of the factory hem. easy as pie.
[:

Since I'm so tall and slender I need like a 30W 36L, and i love my jeans hanging low so that's usually how i wear them.

too short IMHO.
I can never find ones long enough for my legs :*(

Usually 34". Sometimes 36". Depends on the brand. And I'm 6 feet tall.

I don't know if it's the same where I live, though (the Netherlands). But I'm guessing it is. :blush:

You guys seem to be complaining about long inseams, well I wish I lived where you are. I'm 5'9' 1/2, a size 2, and need a 36 inseam to wear with my sneakers (and maybe a TINY, TINY heal), but every store I go the standard is a 32. That's why I always have to buy my jeans from Express around here.

GG

Originally posted by sbbbjm@Nov 30 2004, 10:12 PM
anyone know how much more it costs for the tailor to reaattach the original bottom hem when they hem them up?  ...
[snapback]445569[/snapback]​

Original hem costs about $20 (US) in my neck of the woods.

Originally posted by Gucci Girl@Dec 1 2004, 06:22 PM
You guys seem to be complaining about long inseams, well I wish I lived where you are. I'm 5'9' 1/2, a size 2, and need a 36 inseam to wear with my sneakers (and maybe a TINY, TINY heal), but every store I go the standard is a 32. That's why I always have to buy my jeans from Express around here.

GG
[snapback]446452[/snapback]​

See my above post, I am the same height and size (EXACTLY same height and size lol), and have the same problem.

Originally posted by Gucci Girl@Dec 1 2004, 05:22 PM

GG
[snapback]446452[/snapback]​
You must have very long legs, no?

I need at least a 38-40 inch inseam. It's hard to find, but if I look hard enough or special order the product, I can get it at a reasonable price. B)

Originally posted by AlexN@Dec 1 2004, 11:09 PM
You must have very long legs, no?
[snapback]446827[/snapback]​

Yeah, as a matter of fact I do...I don't know where they came from in the family( my hair is also long). but I wished so many times to be shorter
:blush:.

Originally posted by evexa@Dec 1 2004, 09:01 PM
See my above post, I am the same height and size (EXACTLY same height and size lol), and have the same problem.
[snapback]446688[/snapback]​

Hehehe, so you know how I feel. Especially living in Ohio (whch is so not fashionable
:P, and has almost no good stores). Sometimes when I do find longer inseams, they don't fit my waist at all (I have a 23' inch waist). If you want nice long jeans go to Express (that's the only option here for me), I just love the fit and the look of their jeans....and I get a 20% discout because my friend works there :innocent:

GG

I'm 6'4 and I personally wear jeans with an inseam of 34...which is a perfect length for me.

I wear 34" inseam. I'm 5'8" but I always wear heels - it's horrible to have too-short pants.

32, but I wear my pants low on my hips, so relaisticly i would be 34 or 35 may be

Originally posted by pointup@Nov 29 2004, 08:28 PM
arghhh i wear a 28-29 inch inseam at the most... My GAP jeans are the only ones that donts need hemming.

It's a tad rediculous.. But I suppose it is good they are making these longer inseams so you can wear heels with jeans.. The thing is I hardly ever wear heels!
[snapback]443827[/snapback]​

I find that the only store that has inseams anywhere near long enough for my legs is GAP. I have very long and thin legs and its hard to find a jean that fit properly. Gaps is a bit too long for me though, when I wear them with flat shoes i can actually walk on the bottom of the pant. I love that because it gives it a frayed look but sometimes its annoying. I don't wear heels often but when i do, these are the only jeans that look right!

Originally posted by Gucci Girl@Dec 2 2004, 02:32 PM
Hehehe, so you know how I feel. Especially living in Ohio (whch is so not fashionable
:P, and has almost no good stores). Sometimes when I do find longer inseams, they don't fit my waist at all (I have a 23' inch waist). If you want nice long jeans go to Express (that's the only option here for me), I just love the fit and the look of their jeans....and I get a 20% discout because my friend works there :innocent:

GG
[snapback]447665[/snapback]​

Lol that's hilarious, I'm in the exact same boat! My waist is just under 23 and I live in a small town in FL.
I will check out express, Earl jeans also do a nice long jean but they end up sagging abit.

Originally posted by BabyJ@Dec 4 2004, 02:22 AM
I find that the only store that has inseams anywhere near long enough for my legs is GAP. I have very long and thin legs and its hard to find a jean that fit properly. Gaps is a bit too long for me though, when I wear them with flat shoes i can actually walk on the bottom of the pant. I love that because it gives it a frayed look but sometimes its annoying. I don't wear heels often but when i do, these are the only jeans that look right!
[snapback]450254[/snapback]​

Problem with Gap jeans for me is that they have really small hip sizes and larger waist sizes. They are for trim-hipped girls not greek figures :wink:

I'm just under 5'8" and I wear a 34" inseam. Gap is one of the few places were I can buy jeans that are long enough. But, a lot of the styles they carry don't come in a long!!!! :angry: I need to find some other brands that come in longer lengths. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->