How Much Do You Spend

Just had it done again todau. I got off easy because I was the last client and she needed a ride home today. LOL

150 w/tip
140 w/o tip because she left the money in my car!

The one 140 was for making me go from a dull burnette colour back to something virbrant and blondish.

We did highlights with something called "shining", hair colour, and a blow dry.

heh!
i used to have waist-length hair about 10years ago
and back then a good haircut (not including tip) was $20-25 CAD
then it went to $40-45 CAD
last time i went to one - just over 2years ago = $60-70 CAD!!
even though now i've got a pixie cut/Hale Berry's short-hair style - yet i'd have to shell out $70+

For about 6months i worked in a hairsalon, so got free haircuts... that was good
then i quit (oooh the cattiness was insane-making)
and suffered trying to get a good haircut - b/c even if you shell out the $$$ - you can still get a crappy job - especially if the stylist is having an off day.

i've been married for just over 2 years, and just before we got married, my husband offered to cut my hair. It took 2 months of convincing and a wasted $75 (where the stylist completely and utterly wrecked my hair) - so i let him. He's been one of the best hairdressers ever (he's never been one - nor has he been trained) - and he's free (well.... relatively 'free'). Best is the fact that so many people compliment me on my hair and ask where i get it done. With the $$ i'm saving, i can buy more clothes and makeup :P
yay!

btw: the BEST hairdresser i've ever been to, was Vishnu - in Trinidad! yes.. Trinidad! Whenever i go there i have to see him - gives the most perfect cuts - consistently.

around 300something plus tip but i'm very lazy so i don't go when i should...i overtipped by like $100something once cuz i'm stupid...

$15 at some hole in the wall salon back in california. the guy usually does an amazing job but the last time i went (5 months ago) he totally messed up my hair :cry: . i think he was drunk or something. :ninja: thankfully it's grown out and it looked a it more decent after i added my fringe when i was bored one day.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Feb 24 2004, 05:47 PM
For a while I had trouble finding a place that I liked and I found I was spending more than I wanted to. I recently started going to my local Aveda though and it only cost me $35. Also, I'm now actually getting haircuts I like... :P
[snapback]172107[/snapback]​

is that place good purple? i'm scared to death at going to my local Aveda b/c it's an "Academy Salon" and you hear all these horrible stories about people walking away with a bob when they wanted layers or their highlights are orange instead of goldenblond etc etc...

Its always $95 at Frederic Fekkai and a $20 tip for just a cut..

Usually $65 and up. I just got one for 25 plus tip and it was horrible. She thought I was disloyal for leaving my last sylist because he cut my ear by mistake. I think she messed it up on purpose.

i live in Oregon and i go to one of the best salons & day spas around. i get my hair cut by the owner, and it's only $25-- when i lived in NY i was paying $75 just for a cut!! now i pay that much for a cut and highlights, and this girl is much better than anyone i went to in NYC

i'm tellin ya, the northwest is where it's cheap!

i haven't ever gotten a true hair cut, i just get trims and inches off, nothing fancy

...supercuts

my cousin owns a salon so I don't have to pay there :smile:
but most of you have really cheap haircuts - cheap probably only in comparison to prices where I live - havn't seen *one* salon that would do a simple haircut - for long hair - for less than 50 euros

I am a hairdresser, so I cut it myself. Before that, I cut it once in London, when I was there, I had the topest hairdresser in the saloon to cut it, about 100 pounds, in Tony & Guy, it was gonna be a one time only. Usually, it costs around 10-20 pesos here, it would be 3-7u$d, so 40 pesos is a lot, I went to cut it for that amount and the famous local hairdresser offered me to pay me for it, and do it in a L'oreal show.. so I went from 200 pesos (then) to -50!!!

i cut my own hair cos i hate all those jerks who don't know what looks good on ME touching my hair.

$75 haircut
$150 highlights
Plus tip
A lot, but it's worth every penny!

Artemis said:
is that place good purple? i'm scared to death at going to my local Aveda b/c it's an "Academy Salon" and you hear all these horrible stories about people walking away with a bob when they wanted layers or their highlights are orange instead of goldenblond etc etc...

AHHHH. that's what happened to me. They gave me a one length bob cut really strangely just above my shoulders (my hair is super straight, so .... it just looked strange, especially without any change in length towards the front). I wanted, and mentioned that I wanted shoulder length (which to me means slightly past shoulder) layered hair.

Booooo.

the cut is around $30.... the straight perm is... $200+...

about 25 pounds (about $48)... though I haven't been in ages...I'm growing it long and hairdressers don't seem to understand those words "just a trim, please". plus I'm a student and can't afford 25 pounds for a trim so I usually just do it myself. my hair isn't coloured either so I don't have to worry about that.

i have never paid for a cut in my life--just styling.
my mom is a hair stylist so i get it all for free.
and when i have styled my hair i pay $200 most of the time. plus tip.

Cut and blow - £30,monthly, highlights every 6 weeks- £80, products i buy from salon and tips -£30... so in total about £140, over 8 weeks.

ehh i used to go to this local place and that was like $15 a cut. the only problem is, is that the workers a lot of the time didn't speak english very well, so it'd be a toss up on how my hair comes out.

now i'm going to a different place which is a lot more for a cut (it's $40), BUT it always comes out really good, and at least i can ask her for advice on how to do my hair.

but i usually get my hair highlighted too when i go so that bumps everything up to about $200 plus tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->