How to look stylish on a bicycle?

Chakirichi.tumblr is a constant source of inspiration for me, this sweet/cute Colnago makes me want another fixed gear:
1fe850976eb547c4a577af89a5d9d265_7.jpg

I love ridingpretty.blogspot.com that has great shots of outfits. She collects pretty much everything related to bicycles /outfits

I like the simple classic outfits she wears
my%20cape%20sm%20.jpg

triain%20ride%20day%20outfit%20.jpg

7779562_8e1b598460.jpg

and celebrity posts Jessica Alba
alban.jpg

Karl Lagerfeld
karllagerfieldhelmet.jpg

and the tweed run

firegoat%2022.jpg

style%20derby%20.jpg

and some vintage shots

Grace
grace%20kelley%20via%20colmb.jpg

Rita
rita.jpg

not exactly something you wear everyday but fun to look at old pics of classic movie stars.

^ no, it's fine either way. Some of them are definitely not pictures from that girl but that's alright.. most credits get lost on blogs anyway. Thank you.

^Apologies, I can't edit my pics. I should have been better about it.
Found some credits on site :smile: previous pics #1&2 riding pretty blogspot #4 via cyclelicio.us via celebrity gossip #5 wwd #6 firegoat22 on Flickr #7 Eric Petersen- EPMD on Flickr

tumblr_lbsblhnUcv1qbh9lq.jpg

WHITEHALL STREET, Laura Neilson, Journalist for downtownfrombehind.tumblr

tumblr_l38ujxekce1qbh9lq.jpg

WEST BROADWAY, Lauren Tinker, Model for Downtownfrombehind.tumblr

Picture+77.png

fortheloveofbikes.blogspot via radleyandco.com

catherine-baba-bike-bicycle-1.jpg

jakandjil.com

Riding Pretty is so good. I'm now following it Google Reader. Today I have to ride my bike to a job interview, but it's pretty cool out, so I hope I don't get too sweaty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wore a knitted cape over a leather jacket yesterday, it was SO comfy.

Here is my bicycle..gonna trick it out with a bag on the back like Catherine Baba as I feel the basket is not really my style.

Attachments

• DSC03671.jpg
    DSC03671.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 1
Panniers are better, they lower your centre of gravity. Your bike is cute! Fenders! :smile:

So that's what they're called! I had a feeling it would help me gravity wise, but I seriously couldn't imagine myself with a basket at the front.

Bike is good, found it off of craigslist! Dude collects bikes, fixes them up and sells them! No brainer.

Those guys are generally good, but there are some real scammers on there, trying to sell a cottered crank single speed old fuji for $400. Hipsters will buy it.

Duluth packs makes some great handlebar bags. I can't decide between a handlebar bag or a hip bag, for when I don't need my messenger backpack.
sportsunlimited_2156_9714304727

sportsunlimited.com

With your style of bike, this might be actually good, depending on home much you carry throughout the day. I was looking at those, but I need more room for when I run for groceries and whatnot..so the pannier will be the way for me.

I wasn't scammed for the bike, this guy was really cool, laid back, paid $170 for mine. I'm not Lance Armstrong, I just need a decent bike to get me places so I thought it was fair...
The hipsters will TOTALLY go for your fuji, no doubt about that!

Are you familiar with Adeline in Tribeca? Cute store for bikes and accessories.
http://www.adelineadeline.com/

I am extremely familiar with Adeline, they have the cutest stuff. I am trying to decide if I want a bigger bike bag, or if I should get a basket. The grocery stores in my neighborhood are a joke. My boyfriend wants us to start riding down to Fairway for groceries now that it's nice out.

$170 is a pretty good deal I think, if you're happy with your bike.

After seeing old posts from this thread I feel like I need a bike, it's been years since I had one but maybe I'll need some health insurance with it, since this bloody city is all hills.

^Please do! I nearly killed myself yesterday going down a really steep hill.

It's gonna rain today, what to wear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->