Interview February 2010 : Jay Z by Craig McDean

tarsha

Reaction score

JustJared

Last edited by a moderator:
HQ of Ashley's shoot.

twilightxchange via sleepykrista

Gee, this is really not my kind of issue at all. :doh:

That cover is definitely bound to sell a ton of issues on the city newsstands though.

the editorials don't look interesting at all however, even though this is how i expected them to portray Jay-Z when i saw the name in the title, i do like the cover.

Like the cover! But the effect somehow reminds me of the OBAMA-ize yourself in facebook. but still looks great. The ed of Ashley is gorgeous but to me it looks like she's just wearing the same outfit in every shot. Jesus' ed is provocative! Loves it

I love the cover, excellent...but the contents so far are a let down. Do I really want to see Jesus' Luz's crotch area, let alone read about him being interviewed?...

I just hope Jansson or McDean came through with one or two smashing spring eds, as their eds can be mind-blowing with minimal effort. Oh I just saw Nicolas Ghesquiere's name on the cover, so there's probably going to be an ed dedicated to him like last issue's Bottega one :heart:. And 'Fashion's Mystery Man' sounds interesting...

Interview is probably the one magazine I buy without hesitation from month to month even if the editorial content isn't hot, the interviews are so personal and make for an intriguing read.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t like the cover, it needs more color imo.
Thanks for the thread Tarsha

I often get Baron's graphic appeal and this time is no exception. good cover.

I didn't think I'd like the cover, but the power of Interview means they've produced something that I do. And I like the way that Jesus is doing a mini-update of Madonna's Sex there.

Love the cover, I agree with MON , it does feel a bit like the obama-ize yourself. The contents so far are just okay.

I don't think it's a bad thing if it carries a hint of Obama-ize yourself because that sort of echo would be saying some interesting stuff. Although the outline reminds me more of archive Interview covers of 1979 and way the illustrations would often have a thin highlighted line around the edge.

Oh my god! Go Jay! Amazing, I really love it :buzz:He isn't a photogenic person per se but this picture makes him look so cool, it grabs you visually. I agree tigerrouge, this definitely reminds me of the old illustrated covers!

OMG! Nicolas Gesquiere and Tim Burton, I'm loving this issue; so bad to see Madona's oldest child and the twilight chick, a waist of paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->