Is Bare Minerals Worth Buying?

:lol:
I'd rather just catch a commission for each person. It really has been word of mouth. When I went to sephora, one of the managers told me that you always can tell who the BE reps are, when they come in for the day, because their skin is just "luminous and vibrant"

lostinemotion said:
Golden butterfly--- a good skin care regime helps. I also,had dry flakey skin- you need to exfoliate, because not matter how good a make up, if the base ( your skin) isn't smooth (even with bumps) the make up can only do so much. I didn't have the best skin, but using a toner and a very absorbent lotion helps to slough off the dead flakes and dryness. Just use toner with a cotton pad and you will notice the difference right away. Then 2 times a week, exfoliate with a gentle exfoliator to speed up the process.
For more coverage, use the kabuki brush. However, several light layers with the regular brush should work too.

lostinemotion, I do exfoliate although I don't use a toner. I used to have a toner but my skin reacted bad to the ones I used. My skin got red and I guess it's cause I have very sensitive skin.
My skin looks quiet good, it's just the bumpy area in the are between my eyebrows that comes in the way.
But thanks for the tip :smile:

Golden butterfly, maybe you should try the BE skin rev-er upper. It takes the redness out of your face and makes makeup application smoother. You can wear it alone or under moisturizer before putting on the make-up.

Really? They have a bad rap? WEll so far so good for me.And since I live in the middle of nowhere, QVC seems the only venue where I can find makeup that are not available here, delux, tarte, BE, smashbox etc. I mean Sephora just opened in Portland and it is 4 hrs drive thru the mountains , so with the early winter, QVC. Sephor.com is the only place to get. But I overheard somebody mentioned abt a beauty salon having Bare Minerals here in my town. I think I will check it out. Hopefully I will find something suitable for my skin tone.:wink:
Can't wait for my stuff to come:P . I also understand the brush is made of sable. What animal is it from?

lostinemotion said:
Anita- it's true, qvc might have a bad rap in the usa, but it really does have these amazing deals.
I think you should try BE, the kabuki brush picks up the minerals better.

has anyone ever used the brow kit? or the liner shadow? I'm thinking of ordering them and I would appreciate some reviews! ( I just ordered the starter kit..although it hasn't arrived yet!)

so the bareMinerals Foundation will cover up my hyperpigmented skin and dark spots from blemishes?

this stuff just seems to good to be true, every time i see the commercial. and now with rave reviews from you guys, i may just go return the mac junk that was clogging my pores and settle for this one!

has anyone used the bareMinerals Foundation? does it give you a matte finish or more of a natural finish?

i just read a makeupalley review and i am convinced! must go into sephora to my fav sales associate and have her help me find a match! i really hate that today is thanksgiving and friday will be complete havoc in the city because I CANNOT wait to go try this stuff.

does anyone feel that the technique they have to use gets a bit tiring, especially when you are on the go?

edit: also, does this stuff transfer or get on your hands/clothes, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
lostinemotion said:
Hi !
I would just stick with the regular mineral veil. It is pretty sheer and you only need very little, as with the make up.
I think the starter kit is well worth it,because, it pays for the brushes alone!
It really works, I don't have perfect skin, but everyone constantly tells me that I am flawless! you will LOVE it...soo easy, and you won't have to worry about anything like creasing etc. The dancing all night, seems to make it look even sexier, even more natural..it is great because it is pure pigments, no fillers, so nothing slides off your face. Also, I found it to be great because you could sleep in it, if you HAD to ( wink wink) lol!
and still look amazing the "morning after"..

lostinemotion, you really make me want to run to sephora and bang on their windows today, even though they are closed. :ninja: i simply cannot wait, i think i will brave the black friday crowds and get the kit. i cannot believe all that it comes with for $60! I am sure Oprah will be featuring some of this line on her show in the near future and there will be a price jump or perhaps they will be sold out everywhere!

i wonder though if it comes with a sample size of the rev-er upper or the full size, probably full since the retail value is $181!

lostinemotion said:
I am writing because I know that there were definitely times that I felt really insecure about my skin. I would either be broken out or have a little breakout and any make up would make it look worse. Especially the creases and lines that are noticeable. My final decision to look elsewhere was when I kissed someone on the cheek and when I pulled away, I saw it on their face! omg, I wanted to die!

^i can so relate to this. i especially hate having the makeup i wear all over my flip phone!!! :angry:
i am so excited that i simply cannot wait, may even get a kit for mum too!:buzz:

can't wait to try it after using the olay microdermabrasion/peel system!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
from the bare escentuals website, "Just say "No" to lines of demarcation forever. "

:lol:

One of the SA adviced me to blend a few drops of water with my Bare mineral foundation to give it more coverage. Don't know if mixing water with the minerals would be a good idea:unsure:

Golden_butterfly said:
One of the SA adviced me to blend a few drops of water with my Bare mineral foundation to give it more coverage. Don't know if mixing water with the minerals would be a good idea:unsure:

I haven't heard that before...Let me know if it works :P

Which brush are you using? The buki brush gives serious coverage. I would imagine if you just did a few layers of the foundation with the buki and cover with the coverage brush, you should be set :flower:

^ I have the maximum coverage concealer brush because I just want enough cover for a few areas and use the flawless coverage face brush on the rest of the face.
I'll tell u how it went ! ^_^

^^ It woudln't hurt. She did it during a demonstration on QVC with the eyeshadows... I'm assuming it wont' hurt the foundation.

I strongly feel you should use the kabuki brush. I used to use it when I had alot of acne scars- flat red marks. It might not look like it at first, but, just wait a few minutes between applications with the kabuki, while it settles in.
Also, I use a very light, light yellow eyeshadow before, I think it was called soul- non shimmer. I put it as a concealer before the foundation..and they yellow combats the purplish red in scars.

Update : After have been using bare minerals for about a week I have come to the conclusion it's AMAZING ! :woot:
It feels natural and give me a flawless look without being too dry or flakey on my already dry skin.

At first it didn't give an even look and felt dry, but that was because I wasn't moisturizing enough before applying the minerals.
I also bought the maximum coverage concelaer brush which really made a difference.
Next week I'm buying summer bisque, can't wait! :heart:

Thanks Hipkitten & lostinemotion for all the advice ^_^

Is there any difference between the infomercial stuff "Sheer cover" and Bare Escentuals from Sephora?

Golden_butterfly said:
Update : After have been using bare minerals for about a week I have come to the conclusion it's AMAZING ! :woot:
It feels natural and give me a flawless look without being too dry or flakey on my already dry skin.

At first it didn't give an even look and felt dry, but that was because I wasn't moisturizing enough before applying the minerals.
I also bought the maximum coverage concelaer brush which really made a difference.
Next week I'm buying summer bisque, can't wait! :heart:

Thanks Hipkitten & lostinemotion for all the advice ^_^

YAY :clap:

This is why I love this place - I never would have bought BE if it weren't for tFS :heart:

lostinemotion said:
I strongly feel you should use the kabuki brush. I used to use it when I had alot of acne scars- flat red marks. It might not look like it at first, but, just wait a few minutes between applications with the kabuki, while it settles in.
Also, I use a very light, light yellow eyeshadow before, I think it was called soul- non shimmer. I put it as a concealer before the foundation..and they yellow combats the purplish red in scars.

would it also be okay to apply a cream concealer before applying the foundation? or would it be better to apply after, if you're using the kabuki brush?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->